ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day.
SuperBowl4 09:13 AM 06-07-2021
- Pleads Not Guilty - Update : November 19, 2021 - Kansas City Chiefs agree to pay medical expenses for girl who was hurt in crash. Britt Reid's trial date set for April 18, 2022
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:07 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
PLEADS NOT GUILTY

https://fox4kc.com/news/britt-reid-p...-year-old-girl

I KNEW IT
:-)
[Reply]
Wallymo 02:14 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
PLEADS NOT GUILTY

https://fox4kc.com/news/britt-reid-p...-year-old-girl

I KNEW IT
Of course he did. He would otherwise have no leverage for a later plea.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:51 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
The justice system is controlled by money

how much money does Britt have, enough to walk?

we will see!
[Reply]
mkp785 04:26 PM 06-07-2021
Incoming Cooper barret to post about how Britt isn't that bad of a guy and we need to see things from all points of view.

"That little girl was asking for it"
-Cooper barrett
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:27 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Incoming Cooper barret to post about how Britt isn't that bad of a guy and we need to see things from all points of view.

"That little girl was asking for it"
-Cooper barrett
The only way he'll be able to post in this thread is if I move it the Romper Room.
[Reply]
Coach 04:32 PM 06-07-2021
Something about this just does not add up.

I mean, Christ almighty, a 5 year old girl is critically injured because of his actions, which allegedly he was going 82mph on a ramp, while intoxicated and on some meds, and he's allowed to drive again (with modifications)?

Whoever this Jackson County judge is, that person needs to look at himself/herself in the mirror. That's the wrong message to send, in my opinion.
[Reply]
-King- 04:53 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:

I mean, Christ almighty, a 5 year old girl is critically injured because of his actions, which allegedly he was going 82mph on a ramp, while intoxicated and on some meds, and he's allowed to drive again (with modifications)?

Whoever this Jackson County judge is, that person needs to look at himself/herself in the mirror. That's the wrong message to send, in my opinion.
Wrong me$$age to $end you $ay?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:02 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:

Sounds like white $privilege$ to me.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 05:29 PM 06-07-2021
He needs to lose his license for at least 10 years… a ten year prison sentence should fit the bill in this circumstance.
[Reply]
wazu 05:56 PM 06-07-2021
Thanks, Britt, for giving us an NFL news story that will no doubt be a gift that keeps on giving as we get to see this shitty headline and all it's updates in the coming months and years.

Former Chiefs’ assistant coach Britt Reid pleaded not guilty Monday to critically injuring a young girl in a crash. The next hearing will be a pretrial conference on July 22. No trial date has been set.https://t.co/L6B9UUkBe3

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 7, 2021

[Reply]
Otter 06:55 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
I'm not a legal eagle by any stretch but how would pleading not guilty to this obvious crime help him?

What is he not guilty of?

Seems to me like this is just going to make the judge bury him further. I mean, what's your recourse for a not guilty plea?
[Reply]
eDave 07:00 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'm not a legal eagle by any stretch but how would pleading not guilty to this obvious crime help him?

What is he not guilty of?

Seems to me like this is just going to make the judge bury him further. I mean, what's your recourse for a not guilty plea?
Doesn't take a legal eagle to know you always plead not guilty. Always.

If you've ever been in that situation, the judge will warn you that you will get the book by doing so.
[Reply]
Otter 07:04 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Doesn't take a legal eagle to know you always plead not guilty. Always.

If you've ever been in that situation, the judge will warn you that you will get the book by doing so.
cui bono?

How does this benefit him? My only run in with the law was underage drinking a quart at age 18 and I've never studied law so I'll admit my ignorance.

Does this lead to a lesser plea bargain or how does he benefit from this plea? It's completely obvious what occurred.

Aliens? :-)
[Reply]
eDave 07:08 PM 06-07-2021
I'm no legal eagle myself. I have always heard never plead guilty, unless there's a plea bargain in place for doing so. I am not to be taken as a scholar on this one. Personal experience, maybe(s).
[Reply]
Otter 07:16 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm no legal eagle myself. I have always heard never plead guilty, unless there's a plea bargain in place for doing so. I am not to be taken as a scholar on this one. Personal experience, maybe(s).
From my limited experience I've heard the courts will come down harder on you for not admitting to an obvious crime but it sounds like the two of us might as well be discussing what the 3rd trimester of childbirth is like.

Can't wait to see how they try to prove not guilty.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up