ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Julio Jones traded to the Titans
Chief Roundup 02:10 PM 06-06-2021
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ook-to-future/

Titans get Julio Jones and a 2023 6th round pick.
The falcons get a 2022 2cd round pick and a 2023 4th round pick.

The #Titans deal for Julio Jones:
— The #Falcons get a 2022 2nd rounder and a 2023 4th rounder.
— The #Titans get Julio Jones & a 6th rounder in 2023.
— The #Titans take on Jones’ salary of $15.3M in 2021 and the rest of the deal.
#Falcons have $7.75M in dead money this year.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 6, 2021

[Reply]
Rain Man 11:20 AM 06-07-2021
I'm glad we didn't give that up for him. We have the luxury of thinking long term.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:28 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO they are. They just added a HOF WR. They are closer now than they were before they added Julio. However, a gap still remains. I agree that they'll win their division.
I think our revamped O Line more than makes up for them adding Jones. I say the gap is wider now than at any point in the Mahomes era...not just between the Chiefs and Titans, but between the Chiefs and the AFC as a whole.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I think our revamped O Line more than makes up for them adding Jones. I say the gap is wider now than at any point in the Mahomes era...not just between the Chiefs and Titans, but between the Chiefs and the AFC as a whole.
Yup yup.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:07 PM 06-07-2021
But CP told me that we could easily sign Julio

Getting a lot of Q’s from Chiefs fans re Julio.

KC was truly never in the Julio sweepstakes. It’s nothing against his talent or their belief that he’s still a top WR; the financials just never made sense. Cash comes into play.

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) June 6, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 PM 06-07-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:11 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

He's said this several times on multiple platforms.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:04 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Those people were morons
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:08 PM 06-07-2021
As long as Kelce and Hill are healthy, yes.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:38 PM 06-07-2021
Titans give up a 2nd and swapped a 4th for a 6th.

Not a bad, paying the big salary is still one of the key issues.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:42 PM 06-07-2021
So...He left the Falcons for the Falcons with a barely better defense? :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 01:43 PM 06-07-2021
If our new Oline can improve our running game and give Mahomes more time, we should have a truly dominate offense. Mahomes has been running for his life, now he shouldn't need to nearly as much.
[Reply]
TEX 02:04 PM 06-07-2021

Might be, especially if we have a strong running game.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:13 PM 06-07-2021
If Jones stays healthy, this could make the Tits one of the top five offenses in the NFL. Hard to put 8 up in the box to stop Henry if you have one on one on Jones. Healthy is the key. Can he stay healthy?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:26 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
As long as Kelce and Hill are healthy, yes.
See this is the point. You hear a lot of people say we're good with Hill and Kelce as if there's no possibility of either of them having a major injury. We've been really lucky with that so far, especially with Kelce. If Powell and Gray come through and if Hardman raises his game another notch then we're covered, but those scenarios remain to be proven.

That being said, I'm glad we didn't overpay for Julio, as intriguing as it would be to see a healthy Julio in our offense - key word being healthy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:56 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
If Jones stays healthy, this could make the Tits one of the top five offenses in the NFL. Hard to put 8 up in the box to stop Henry if you have one on one on Jones. Healthy is the key. Can he stay healthy?
Until last season, Julio Jones never missed more than 2 games in a season.

Of course, he's 32 or whatever, and I think some predictors have projected that Jones is a high risk for suffering a serious injury this year, but he doesn't actually have a history of missing a lot of games in a season.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up