ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Suggested Post-Draft Free Agents & Trade Ideas?
Couch-Potato 07:13 AM 05-02-2021
What say you CP? What are the best available FA acquisitions and trade scenarios for the Chiefs post-draft?

Shwartz or Fisher, to compete with Niang for RT?

Breeland, Earl Thomas or Sherman at DB?

Melvin Ingram as dedicated Pass Rusher?

Larry Fitzgerald or Goldan Tate as WR #2?

Pull off the big trade for Julio!?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:00 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs do not have $9 million in cap space because they need to set aside $5 million for injuries and so on.

I wouldn't expect anything other than Vet Minimum players at this point.
Veach out front of Arrowhead with a duffel bag with 4.5m in it for whoever takes it first. Ingram, Houston or another DE...maybe check in on recovery for Vernon as we get closer to camp.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:00 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
So are we just gonna sit around with $9m in cap space? Nah, Veach will cook something up and we'll end up with a sexy addition....but, who? Is there a cut candidate? A low key big-name vet that will end up on the block? WR? Edge? CB? RB?
Laurence Darnell Fitzgerald Jr.

Perfect 2nd WR to play across from Reek.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:01 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Laurence Darnell Fitzgerald Jr.

Perfect 2nd WR to play across from Reek.
2017 called...
[Reply]
mkp785 02:05 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
2017 called...
I'll take his 2019 numbers:

75 catches
800 yards
4 TDs

Tell me that's not perfectly fine for some who will be 3rd in the pecking order (maybe 4th with CEH).

Hell, your guy Julio had that last year and you guys wanted to give up draft capital and major money for him.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:24 PM 06-11-2021
If the Chiefs need a CB after the preseason, the Minnesota Vikings might have one for trade or release.

They signed Patrick Peterson (Cards), Makensie Alexander (Bengals), and Bashaud Breeland (Chiefs).

They already had 25 year old (1st rd), Jeff Gladney, 23 year old (3rd rd) Cameron Dantzler, 23 year old (5th rd) Harrison Hand. All of these guys are on their 2nd year of their rookie contracts.

They also have 25 year old Kris Boyd that the Vikings drafted in 2017 out of Texas. Last year he played 16 games with 5 starts for the Vikings. He is 5-11, 201. Coming out of Texas he ran a 4.45 40.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:52 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I'll take his 2019 numbers:

75 catches
800 yards
4 TDs

Tell me that's not perfectly fine for some who will be 3rd in the pecking order (maybe 4th with CEH).

Hell, your guy Julio had that last year and you guys wanted to give up draft capital and major money for him.
Julio Jones has that in 7 games.

GTFO. Larry Fitz is done.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:57 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What say you CP? What are the best available FA acquisitions and trade scenarios for the Chiefs post-draft?

Shwartz or Fisher, to compete with Niang for RT?

Breeland, Earl Thomas or Sherman at DB?

Melvin Ingram as dedicated Pass Rusher?

Larry Fitzgerald or Goldan Tate as WR #2?

Pull off the big trade for Julio!?
:-) None of the above will happen.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:51 AM 06-15-2021
Chiefs sign another OT, Wyatt Miller, 6-5, 320 and 25 years old.

Played at UCF then Jets, Bengals, Cowboys, and Seahawks.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...miller-signed/
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:05 AM 06-15-2021
Not sure what the Practice Squad rules will be for 2021. For Covid, the NFL expanded the roster to 16 and allowed more veterans. I've read that the expanded roster and the ability to play two PS members was popular with teams.

Wyatt Miller may have been signed with possibility of using him on the Practice Squad.

With Kyle Long being out, they may just need another body for practicing and preseason.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:37 AM 06-15-2021
When you have a position of strength, you keep trying to make it even stronger and better.

Another thought would be the Chiefs keep adding OL and plan on doing a trade of an OL for a DE, CB, or WR.

We currently have 16 OL, Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Austin Blythe, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Mike Remmers, Nick Allegretti, Kyle Long (currently injured), Lucas Niang, Creed Humphry, Trey Smith, Andrew Wylie, Yasir Durant, Martinas Rankin, Prince Tega Wanogho, Darryl Williams, and Wyatt Miller.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:05 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
If the Chiefs need a CB after the preseason, the Minnesota Vikings might have one for trade or release.

They signed Patrick Peterson (Cards), Makensie Alexander (Bengals), and Bashaud Breeland (Chiefs).

They already had 25 year old (1st rd), Jeff Gladney, 23 year old (3rd rd) Cameron Dantzler, 23 year old (5th rd) Harrison Hand. All of these guys are on their 2nd year of their rookie contracts.

They also have 25 year old Kris Boyd that the Vikings drafted in 2017 out of Texas. Last year he played 16 games with 5 starts for the Vikings. He is 5-11, 201. Coming out of Texas he ran a 4.45 40.
Isnt Gladney on the commisioners list for assault and battery or something?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:13 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:

I'll take Hand. Always liked him for our system.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:01 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Isnt Gladney on the commisioners list for assault and battery or something?
You are correct -

Originally Posted by :
"[Gladney] now faces up to 2-10 years in prison if convicted after an incident that happened on April 2nd. That’s when a 22-year-old woman, who says she was in a relationship with Gladney, told police they got into an altercation over text messages she was receiving. Gladney is accused of hitting the accuser with closed fists, choking her and dragging her by the hair while driving with her outside his vehicle. She also accuses him of '...pulling (her) by her hair trying to hold her still in order to get the Face ID to work.' The accuser was able to break free and get into a vehicle with unknown passengers. Detectives documented bruising on her head, ears and torso. She also reported scratches on her face and neck and abrasions on her knees."
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/...estic-violence
So there is a reason the Vikings are signing so many free agent CBs.

In addition to Patrick Peterson, Mackensie Alexander, and Bashaud Breeland, the Vikings have also signed free agents Tye Smith (Seahawks, Titans) and Parry Nickerson (Jets, Jaguars, and Packers) and UFDA Amari Henderson. (Wake Forest). They also drafted CB Camryn Bynum (Cal) in the 4th (125) round, but they plan to maybe move him to safety.

Even with Jeff Gladney's situation, the Vikings will have a surplus of CBs and someone will be cut or traded.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:09 PM 06-15-2021
I've said that Face ID was a bad idea from the start
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:50 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I've said that Face ID was a bad idea from the start
Well she didn't share her pass code either, so she really did not want him on her phone.

I wanted Mike Hughes before the Vikings drafted him in 2018. Now we got him. Hope he is a able to stay healthy and is a good pickup for KC.

I wanted Jeff Gladney before the Vikings drafted him in 2020. Instead we drafted L'Jarius Sneed in the 4th.

Always interesting how things work out.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up