Page 22 of 52
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:47 PM 06-12-2021
Regarding Niang...he hasn't played football for over a year and a half so how is he ever gonna develop if he's sat behind Remmers for potentially another year?? It doesn't make sense. I expect him to battle with Remmers all camp and then play in the two warm up games. If he shines alongside Brown, Thuney, Creed and Smith then just go with it...no point wasting another year of Niang just because Remmers is a vet. Niang needs in game reps now...that's the only way he can improve.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:06 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you think if LDT was a free agent he would sign for more than Blythe did?
Hell yes
[Reply]
PHOG 06:38 PM 06-12-2021
With Smith and Thuney on teh left side, That's already 50% improvement over what was available in SBLV.

These rookies, have real upside, and I think an actual chance to start. Patrick will damn sure know what to do if he can eliminate one side (blindside) and work his magic with any rough edges on the right.

Butt, I'm pretty sure Reid will go conservative teh first few games. We'll see.
[Reply]
-King- 06:55 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Hell yes
Why? He was average when he played and took a year off. Why exactly would he get more than that?
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:39 PM 06-13-2021
Its something of a longshot, but damn man I sure hope he can blow Heck away enough during camp to steal the starting gig

Anything is possible, right?

I mean, before the draft the overwhelming consensus here was "hey don't get silly and expect a total O line makeover, you'll get two new starters at most!"

Then all of the sudden we grabbed Brown, Thuney, Humphrey and Long... giving us FOUR new starters* (presumably Long), and 5 if you wanna count Niang

Just sayin' mang, things aren't always as they appear...
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:32 PM 06-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its something of a longshot, but damn man I sure hope he can blow Heck away enough during camp to steal the starting gig

Anything is possible, right?

I mean, before the draft the overwhelming consensus here was "hey don't get silly and expect a total O line makeover, you'll get two new starters at most!"

Then all of the sudden we grabbed Brown, Thuney, Humphrey and Long... giving us FOUR new starters* (presumably Long), and 5 if you wanna count Niang

Just sayin' mang, things aren't always as they appear...
I think it is a certainty that Smith will be a starter- it is just a matter of time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I think it is a certainty that Smith will be a starter- it is just a matter of time.
That's probably true of Niang as well.

That's kind of the whole discussion - how much time will it be? Camp? Week 5? Next year?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:58 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's probably true of Niang as well.

That's kind of the whole discussion - how much time will it be? Camp? Week 5? Next year?
I cant see Andy benching LDT if he starts the season unless its an injury.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:19 AM 06-14-2021
I'm not sure about that just because Niang and LDT haven't played in years so for that reason I could see them easing back into it.
[Reply]
Oxford 09:25 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I cant see Andy benching LDT if he starts the season unless its an injury.
If Lucas Niang starts at RT, then I thin its LDT at RG.
If Mike Remmers is at RT, then I think it could be either Trey or Larry at RG.
A rookie center and guard combo is a bit dicey with the line calls etc.

Now as the season progresses it will change.... I think you will see Niang or Smith getting playing time (if they don't start), especially if the Chiefs get into Andy's milk the clock game plan.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:40 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Oxford:

Now as the season progresses it will change.... I think you will see Niang or Smith getting playing time (if they don't start), especially if the Chiefs get into Andy's milk the clock game plan.
I agree. But i think theres a chance that remmers is good and gets the RG spot he started at last season, then Niang works outside.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:25 AM 06-14-2021
LDT missed one season. It's no different than if he had season ending surgery early in the year and recovered well. In this case, he doesn't even have that injury. He just hasn't played in a year.

Guys do that all the time. I don't think LDT will need to be "eased" back in for shit. He'll either get the job because Reid thinks he's currently the best or somebody else will get it because they're the best.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Oxford:

That's kind of the way I see it.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:31 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I agree. But i think theres a chance that remmers is good and gets the RG spot he started at last season, then Niang works outside.
This is one scenario that hasn't really been discussed in all these o-line threads, but is definitely a possibility. Nobody really mentions Remmers in the guard conversation, but we probably should.

Andy always says he's going to play the best 5 guys. If Niang and Remmers both look like 2 of the top 5 guys, there's no reason this can't happen.

Should be very interesting to say the least. I don't think we've ever had so many different possible options on the line since Reid took over.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:31 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
LDT missed one season. It's no different than if he had season ending surgery early in the year and recovered well. In this case, he doesn't even have that injury. He just hasn't played in a year.

Guys do that all the time. I don't think LDT will need to be "eased" back in for shit. He'll either get the job because Reid thinks he's currently the best or somebody else will get it because they're the best.

I mean, sure in a vacuum but also this isn't a typical year. He didn't spend the year rehabbing in a Chiefs facility, he spent it on the frontline of a generation-defining pandemic. It's a unique situation and I could see "easing back in" to really be getting his legs and strength back. I'm sure he worked out as much as he could but still that could be a hill he has to climb just to get back to even
[Reply]
Page 22 of 52
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up