« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
kccrow 09:55 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Humphrey has now been the starter for 10 straight OTA practices.

It’s not “reading into things a little too hard” to suggest he’s likely your starter at C. Blythe got backup money and has been referred to as “depth”. He didn’t even get first crack at RG.
Or, they are giving him snaps now because he won't get them in TC. It's not cut and dry man. You should know this, we've definitely seen it plenty before.

I said I'd pull for it in my original post, because both Smith and Humphrey have significantly more upside than Blythe or LDT. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend the writing is on the wall though, because it rarely is. That, and Reid definitely prefers him his veterans on the OL.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:59 PM 06-11-2021
Humphrey has now been the starter for 10 straight OTA practices.

It’s not “reading into things a little too hard” to suggest he’s likely your starter at C.

Blythe got backup money and has been referred to as “depth”. He didn’t even get first crack at RG.
10 practices and looked dominant.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Or, they are giving him snaps now because he won't get them in TC. It's not cut and dry man. You should know this, we've definitely seen it plenty before.

I said I'd pull for it in my original post, because both Smith and Humphrey have significantly more upside than Blythe or LDT. That doesn't mean I'm going to pretend the writing is on the wall though, because it rarely is. That, and Reid definitely prefers him his veterans on the OL.
Which is exactly why it means something when Humphrey gets the start from day 1 of OTA’s and for 10 straight practices.

He clearly feels comfortable doing it at C for whatever reason too. He did the same thing with Morse and never looked back.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:05 PM 06-11-2021
I don't think there's any doubt that Humphrey is the Week 1 starter.

Andy had no hesitation about whether to start Mitch Morse Week 1 and he won't have any this season with Humphrey.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:08 PM 06-11-2021

LDT has been away for a year. Even though he has been up in the Great White North lifting kegs of maple syrup on his back porch to stay in shape- we really don't know what we even have in him any longer.

Meanwhile, Smith has been here learning and working. Food for thought. :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:13 AM 06-12-2021
No, some of us don't act like it's our first rodeo though.

Blythe has been a starter at RG and C in this league for 3 consecutive years. That is he started 47 of 47 games. The only one he didn't play or start in was a giveaway game in 2019. The Chiefs didn't sign him "just because." He's going to have a leg up as a starter come training camp, and if the rookies beat him they beat him. Right now though, you guys are reading into things a little too ****ing hard.
Starting olinemen always sign for league min..He is depth and that's it. I'll wager anything you like he won't be the opening day starter.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:15 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
LDT has been away for a year. Even though he has been up in the Great White North lifting kegs of maple syrup on his back porch to stay in shape- we really don't know what we even have in him any longer.

Meanwhile, Smith has been here learning and working. Food for thought. :-)
LDT or Smith is the guy. The Blythe stuff is comical.
[Reply]
-King- 11:25 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
LDT or Smith is the guy. The Blythe stuff is comical.
Based on what Rams fans said of his play at RG, his ceiling there has been higher than LDTs. So why wouldn't he be in play?
[Reply]
-King- 11:26 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Starting olinemen always sign for league min..He is depth and that's it. I'll wager anything you like he won't be the opening day starter.
Do you think if LDT was a free agent he would sign for more than Blythe did?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Based on what Rams fans said of his play at RG, his ceiling there has been higher than LDTs. So why wouldn't he be in play?
He might be “in play”, but it’s telling that Smith is getting the first crack at RG with Long’s injury and LDT’s absence.
[Reply]
-King- 11:35 AM 06-12-2021
He might be “in play”, but it’s telling that Smith is getting the first crack at RG with Long’s injury and LDT’s absence.
If Trey can start this year, even better.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:10 PM 06-12-2021
At this point I think Blythe and Remmers may be here to just make sure starting jobs aren't handed to rookies so they have to "earn it".
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:19 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
If Trey can start this year, even better.
It would really make this draft something special to fill 2 O line spots with Creed and Trey for the next 10 years.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:27 PM 06-12-2021
It would really make this draft something special to fill 2 O line spots with Creed and Trey for the next 10 years.
And this offseason would get even better. That would mean we solidified 4 out of 5 OL spots in one offseason (assuming we extend Brown).
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 06-12-2021
We are going to have Brown Jr, Thuney, Humphrey and Smith for at least the next 3 years and it’s going to be awesome. I’m really confident all 4 will be really good.

I like Niang but he’s a bit of a wild card to me
[Reply]
Page 21 of 52
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up