« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:11 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Remmers is probably your starting RT and idk that LDT is going to just get his job back.

Brown Jr-Thuney-Humphrey-Blythe-Remmers

I think that’s likely your opening week starters now that Kyle Long has broken his dick again.
:-)

Blythe may get the starting duties over Smith because he has NFL experience. But after listening to people like Thuney gush over Trey makes me think he will be going into beast mode during camp and will win the job.

Just a prediction. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:15 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Some are pissing their pants about the idea of a very "green" right side this is one solution
Yep, I think Niang still has a huge learning curve ahead. Remmers can keep his spot warm and not get Mahomes killed.

Andy has called out Remmers a few times in a positive way, it seems he really likes him.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:55 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Doubtful, Brown and Thuney need to protect Mahomes's blindside. If teams can't get any pressure on the left side, Mahomes is going to pick them apart.

Niang will be a backup to start.

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Trey, Remmers - that will be the starters-imo.
Nailed it
[Reply]
tredadda 09:02 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, I think Niang still has a huge learning curve ahead. Remmers can keep his spot warm and not get Mahomes killed.

Andy has called out Remmers a few times in a positive way, it seems he really likes him.
Remmers filled in quite admirably when Schwartz went down last year at RT. I think a lot of the hate towards him is because he was awful in the SB at LT.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:02 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Doesn’t mean much? It means a lot.

When Andy immediately plugs in a rookie like that this early, you can pretty much count on him being the starter barring injury or disaster play. He very rarely does that, and when he does, I don’t think there’s any going back. If Blythe had a legit chance to start, he would’ve at least had the job to start offseason workouts (like Remmers).

Humphrey is going to be your week 1 starter at C.
As I said, it means shit. It's minicamp, not training camp. Let's see what goes down in late July and early August. Until then, all it is are more reps for the youngsters before the real thing starts, and not much more. It's a good time for the coaches to get a little bit of a look at those guys before training camp. If those guys are in those spots during training camp and stay there, then you've got something.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:11 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
As I said, it means shit. It's minicamp, not training camp. Let's see what goes down in late July and early August. Until then, all it is are more reps for the youngsters before the real thing starts, and not much more. It's a good time for the coaches to get a little bit of a look at those guys before training camp. If those guys are in those spots during training camp and stay there, then you've got something.
You’re absolutely wrong that it doesn’t mean anything, but I’m not going to continue arguing about it, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:19 PM 06-11-2021
You’re absolutely wrong that it doesn’t mean anything, but I’m not going to continue arguing about it, so we’ll just have to agree to disagree.
Anyone who is trying to deny a 2nd round center isn’t going to be an opening day starter over Austin Blythe should be brushed aside quicker than chalk dust.

You don’t take the top rated center in the entire draft in the second round to let him sit and “learn” from a league minimum journeyman. Creed Humphrey is your center for the next ten years. The end.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:23 PM 06-11-2021
This is such a poor take I'm assuming you know Blythe or his family personally since he is from the area.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:27 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Anyone who is trying to deny a 2nd round center isn’t going to be an opening day starter over Austin Blythe should be brushed aside quicker than chalk dust.

You don’t take the top rated center in the entire draft in the second round to let him sit and “learn” from a league minimum journeyman. Creed Humphrey is your center for the next ten years. The end.
Maybe this has been discussed, but Creed is a lefty. He said he can snap with the right hand if Mahomes wants it that way though.

Mahomes said he didn't care. I think he will just be happy not having the Center's ass in his face as soon as he gets the ball.

Nothing against Reiter, he played up to the best of his abilities- but he struggled with the bull rush leaving Mahomes no pocket to step into.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 PM 06-11-2021
Looks like Smith is was running with the 1’s after Long’s injury.

Doesn’t mean as much because LDT isn’t there, but I’d say it means he at least has a shot.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:31 PM 06-11-2021
Willie Gay talked about missing the OTA's last season and how it put all the rookies behind. He said this year has been an amazing learning experience.

It has to have helped Creed and Trey a lot to be running with the starters. I don't think Andy did it by accident. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:34 PM 06-11-2021
Looks like Smith is was running with the 1’s after Long’s injury.

Doesn’t mean as much because LDT isn’t there, but I’d say it means he at least has a shot.
Yes, he was according to Teicher. Trey more than held his own too.

He might end up being the steal of the draft where the Chief's got him.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:40 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
This is such a poor take I'm assuming you know Blythe or his family personally since he is from the area.
No, some of us don't act like it's our first rodeo though.

Blythe has been a starter at RG and C in this league for 3 consecutive years. That is he started 47 of 47 games. The only one he didn't play or start in was a giveaway game in 2019. The Chiefs didn't sign him "just because." He's going to have a leg up as a starter come training camp, and if the rookies beat him they beat him. Right now though, you guys are reading into things a little too fucking hard.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:46 PM 06-11-2021

Blythe has been a starter at RG and C in this league for 3 consecutive years. That is he started 47 of 47 games. The only one he didn't play or start in was a giveaway game in 2019. The Chiefs didn't sign him "just because." He's going to have a leg up as a starter come training camp, and if the rookies beat him they beat him. Right now though, you guys are reading into things a little too ****ing hard.
:-) Yep, I think it was a very solid signing. Mahomes and Thuney have called out our pair of rookies as being "explosive" and "a Beast" so that builds the hype.

But, point well taken. We all want these guys to be dominant to protect #15. If we have to wait awhile and then they both secure spots for seasons to come, it will still be worth it.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:48 PM 06-11-2021

Blythe has been a starter at RG and C in this league for 3 consecutive years. That is he started 47 of 47 games. The only one he didn't play or start in was a giveaway game in 2019. The Chiefs didn't sign him "just because." He's going to have a leg up as a starter come training camp, and if the rookies beat him they beat him. Right now though, you guys are reading into things a little too fucking hard.
Humphrey has now been the starter for 10 straight OTA practices.

It’s not “reading into things a little too hard” to suggest he’s likely your starter at C.

Blythe got backup money and has been referred to as “depth”. He didn’t even get first crack at RG.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 52
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up