« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:06 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think that a pretty ridiculous thing to say considering Niang hasn’t played football in almost 2 years and Remmers was pretty damn good at RT.

Also, Remmers has started at least 10 games the last 6 years. He’s hardly a career backup.

Obviously it would be nice for Niang to win the job before week 1, but it doesn’t mean anything about his future if he doesn’t.
what I mean by my statement is that Niang is going to be given every opportunity to win that spot, and I absolutely expect him to do so.

Remmers did okay, but he's not a starting offensive tackle in the NFL. Dude has 30.25" arms!

He's a decent technician but not a talent to be reckoned with.

I don't think it's a tall ask at all for Niang, I really don't. He's rehabbed his injury, and he's worked out and worked on techniques and the offensive terminology for a year. I absolutely expect him to lock down RT.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:08 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, all I can say is that if the Week 1 line is Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, LDT and Niang, this team is going to have an insane amount of depth.

While no one wants to see an offensive line comprised of five Andrew Wylie’s or five Nick Allegretti’s or five Mike Remmers, any of those guys could slide between Humphrey and Niang without a huge drop off. Remmers was solid at right tackle last year and Allegretti was probably their best offensive lineman towards the end of the year.

I never counted on Long to make it to Week 1, so his loss is no surprise, but I think they’ll be just fine without him.
I really think that is EXACTLY the week one starting line.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:25 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He said LG in more than one post. It wasn't a typo.

If anything, he was just talking about the wrong spot.
Very possible
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:51 AM 06-11-2021
“Smith is the lineman who has perhaps made the most progress since the Chiefs’ workouts began.

“Trey works really, really hard,” Thuney said of Smith. “He’s getting into his playbook a lot. He’s a strong guy. He’s explosive.”
[Reply]
Kellerfox 09:15 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Doesn't mean much yet, we'll see where it goes. He could get it and I'm definitely in his corner. I don't fathom them starting two rooks and I'm not all that sure where LDT is at right now, I haven't been following reports too closely nor seen any on him. If Humphrey at OC, I'd have to think it'll be Blythe or LDT at RG over Smith to get started.
Center is a unique position. Physical reps between your starter and QB are Paramount to establish timing and muscle memory. When starting a new center, your off season objective is too get the new starter as many snaps as possible. Given the fact that neither Humphrey or Blythe had any reps with Mahomes prior to a few weeks ago, The fact that Humphrey is starting during workouts is VERY telling IMO.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:29 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Kyle Long injury may be a blessing in disguise in the long run... seems like I hear nothing but positives about smith
Eh.. I wouldn't go that far. Having more weapons in your arsenal is a good thing. You need quality depth up front... losing someone, especially a potential starter is NOT a good thing, no matter how you spin it.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:34 AM 06-11-2021
Are people going to be mad when we start the year up front as the following?

Brown Jr
Thuney
Blythe
LDT
Remmers

I won't... because it'll look completely different in January/February. There will be injuries and adjustments. I just wish we could have gone in fully healthy (Long). It's a long season (no pun intended) where that depth all around will be needed.

Smith, Niang, and Humphries will all have plenty of opportunity for snaps, if they are worthy.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:38 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:

Brown Jr
Thuney
Blythe
LDT
Remmers

I won't... because it'll look completely different in January/February. There will be injuries and adjustments. I just wish we could have gone in fully healthy (Long). It's a long season (no pun intended) where that depth all around will be needed.

Smith, Niang, and Humphries will all have plenty of opportunity for snaps, if they are worthy.
I won't be mad, but I would question the ability of the guys who couldn't beat out JAGs in training camp. Niang in particular should blow Remmers out of the water from day one.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 AM 06-11-2021

Brown Jr
Thuney
Blythe
LDT
Remmers

At the very least, Humphrey will be starting.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:04 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
At the very least, Humphrey will be starting.
I mean, maybe.

There's an approach to these guys sometimes to not hand them a job. Keep them hungry by making them earn it throughout the seasons as a young player. Reid has shown he may value that take. Whether that actually gives more meaning to the player when he does earn it or not, i don't know. I just wouldn't be surprised to see the vets all begin the year as the starters... let them take the beating early on physically, also they are less likely to be overwhelmed with the Tsunami of defensive schemes early in the season being thrown at them. Let the injuries and depth chart shifts happen naturally to take it's true form later in the year as they progress through the learning curve.

It's an approach... not sure I'm necessarily beating that drum for it to be the case.. just saying i won't shed a tear when it does happen.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 06-11-2021
I mean, maybe.

There's an approach to these guys sometimes to not hand them a job. Keep them hungry by making them earn it throughout the seasons as a young player. Reid has shown he may value that take. Whether that actually gives more meaning to the player when he does earn it or not, i don't know. I just wouldn't be surprised to see the vets all begin the year as the starters... let them take the beating early on physically, also they are less likely to be overwhelmed with the Tsunami of defensive schemes early in the season being thrown at them. Let the injuries and depth chart shifts happen naturally to take it's true form later in the year as they progress through the learning curve.

It's an approach... not sure I'm necessarily beating that drum for it to be the case.. just saying i won't shed a tear when it does happen.
He’s already running with the starters…
[Reply]
RunKC 11:05 AM 06-11-2021
Remmers is probably your starting RT and idk that LDT is going to just get his job back.

Brown Jr-Thuney-Humphrey-Blythe-Remmers

I think that’s likely your opening week starters now that Kyle Long has broken his dick again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Remmers is probably your starting RT and idk that LDT is going to just get his job back.

Brown Jr-Thuney-Humphrey-Blythe-Remmers

I think that’s likely your opening week starters now that Kyle Long has broken his dick again.
I agree for the most part.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:15 AM 06-11-2021
Would you rather have Trey Smith win his job or Niang win his job

I agree Creed has already won his job and that they won't have three rookies

(my vote is Smith and that Niang is a swing backup)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:17 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Would you rather have Trey Smith win his job or Niang win his job

I agree Creed has already won his job and that they won't have three rookies

(my vote is Smith and that Niang is a swing backup)
My vote would be for Smith as well.

Because if he's able to take that job from Blythe and LDT as a rookie, that's goddamn impressive and a damn good sign.

Niang has had a quiet OTA/Minicamp.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 52
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up