« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
Dante84 03:34 PM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 04:14 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If Remmers is going to play RT what about Niang to guard?
We have so many decent options at IOL it probably makes more sense to leave him as the swing tackle. On the other hand Andy has always been a best 5 guy, so who knows.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:29 PM 06-10-2021
There's no way Remmers, a career back-up with 30" inch arms beats out Niang unless we just whiffed on the pick entirely.
[Reply]
mkp785 07:52 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There's no way Remmers, a career back-up with 30" inch arms beats out Niang unless we just whiffed on the pick entirely.
There's a happy medium between "we have to play this guy day 1, snap 1" and "holy hell this dude can't play at all he's Trezelle Jenkins 2.0"

Remmers is fine to stay at RT for a few weeks/months. Again, Niang hasn't played real football in over 2 years....
[Reply]
staylor26 08:01 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think that a pretty ridiculous thing to say considering Niang hasn’t played football in almost 2 years and Remmers was pretty damn good at RT.

Also, Remmers has started at least 10 games the last 6 years. He’s hardly a career backup.

Obviously it would be nice for Niang to win the job before week 1, but it doesn’t mean anything about his future if he doesn’t.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:14 PM 06-10-2021
I'd have to think the starters out the gate will be

Brown Jr - Thuney - Blythe - Smith - Remmers

Of course, I want Humphrey and Niang in there but I don't think it's logical to expect a bunch of youth right away.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:

Of course, I want Humphrey and Niang in there but I don't think it's logical to expect a bunch of youth right away.
Humphrey is already running with the starters for the majority of the time, if not all.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:17 PM 06-10-2021
Blythe is gonna get the RG job...
[Reply]
kccrow 09:26 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Humphrey is already running with the starters for the majority of the time, if not all.
Doesn't mean much yet, we'll see where it goes. He could get it and I'm definitely in his corner. I don't fathom them starting two rooks and I'm not all that sure where LDT is at right now, I haven't been following reports too closely nor seen any on him. If Humphrey at OC, I'd have to think it'll be Blythe or LDT at RG over Smith to get started.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:31 PM 06-10-2021

I have not heard a peep about Blythe. He has to learn the offense just the same as Humphrey. From every report about Creed- he is a beast.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:36 PM 06-10-2021
I know it isn't wise to start three rookies but I'm optimistic that it won't be long until those three are dominating.

This line is going to be a beast for the next several years if Niang works out.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 PM 06-10-2021
Doesn't mean much yet, we'll see where it goes. He could get it and I'm definitely in his corner. I don't fathom them starting two rooks and I'm not all that sure where LDT is at right now, I haven't been following reports too closely nor seen any on him. If Humphrey at OC, I'd have to think it'll be Blythe or LDT at RG over Smith to get started.
Doesn’t mean much? It means a lot.

When Andy immediately plugs in a rookie like that this early, you can pretty much count on him being the starter barring injury or disaster play. He very rarely does that, and when he does, I don’t think there’s any going back. If Blythe had a legit chance to start, he would’ve at least had the job to start offseason workouts (like Remmers).

Humphrey is going to be your week 1 starter at C.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:42 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Blythe is gonna get the RG job...
Blythe or LDT. Smith takes over if injury or next season more than likely.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:45 PM 06-10-2021
Might not be the case this year, but you gotta love the idea of potentially having all 5 starters under contract for a minimum of like 3 more years:

Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Smith - Niang
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:02 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
O. city meant RG. Typo's happen. And he did mention Wylie and Allegretti along with the other candidates. Said we are okay at the position.
He said LG in more than one post. It wasn't a typo.

If anything, he was just talking about the wrong spot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:17 PM 06-10-2021
Well, all I can say is that if the Week 1 line is Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, LDT and Niang, this team is going to have an insane amount of depth.

While no one wants to see an offensive line comprised of five Andrew Wylie’s or five Nick Allegretti’s or five Mike Remmers, any of those guys could slide between Humphrey and Niang without a huge drop off. Remmers was solid at right tackle last year and Allegretti was probably their best offensive lineman towards the end of the year.

I never counted on Long to make it to Week 1, so his loss is no surprise, but I think they’ll be just fine without him.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 52
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up