ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 167
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:13 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. And my favorite, the 'Window is CLOSED for KC!" :-)

Completely DELUSIONAL entitled fan base. Would like nothing more than for them to lose out on Rodgers and come CRASHING down to earth. LAST PLACE is waiting...Again! :-)
:-) Who typed that gem? The window is there for another decade
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:00 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
You sure whine a lot... I’ll post more for you this season. Just for you.
No need to get testy over me calling out your bullshit :-)..and BS you don't post when Denver loses.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 08:55 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
No need to get testy over me calling out your bullshit :-)..and BS you don't post when Denver loses.
MHM is the ONE levelheaded Broncos fan we have around. He doesn't gloat, and posts here, win or lose.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:04 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
MHM is the ONE levelheaded Broncos fan we have around. He doesn't gloat, and posts here, win or lose.
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:24 AM 05-10-2021
That’s just incorrect. I made several congratulatory posts in gave threads during the season.
You like your childhood team like most of us do...Chiefs/Donks used to be a legitimate rivalry.

I think you've handled it fairly well considering the situation...Donks haven't had a winning season in 4 years...and are now up to 11 straight losses. That's getting eerily close to Raider-level futility. It's never been this one-sided in my football watching life...

It doesn't help that KC actually drafted a generational QB...off to the best career start in NFL history. I mean Horseface was the one thing Donk fans could still talk smack about...but Mahomes is better at every aspect of the QB position...that's just a fact. There is nothing Elway did that Mahomes doesn't do better...other than grease his jersey to get to a legacy SB.

Mahomes wont have to resort to desperation tactics...he's already won a legitimate one.

Remember when Brady deflating footballs was all the talk...can you imagine what the situation would have been if they actually had to halt a play-off game...and scrape vasoline off Patriot players jerseys? I would guess a full disqualification...and coaches suspended for at least a year...maybe a Pete Rose treatment if cap violations were exposed after the fact. It would be a massive scandal...definitely a black eye for the league.

Kind of amazing how things worked out...

So..be honest..if Davis wasn't on those SB teams...would they have won back to back SBs?
[Reply]
007 06:19 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:

It's the off season. I wouldn't expect as much participation from the rival fan regulars. MHM generally does post less during the OS.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:27 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You like your childhood team like most of us do...Chiefs/Donks used to be a legitimate rivalry.

I think you've handled it fairly well considering the situation...Donks haven't had a winning season in 4 years...and are now up to 11 straight losses. That's getting eerily close to Raider-level futility. It's never been this one-sided in my football watching life...

It doesn't help that KC actually drafted a generational QB...off to the best career start in NFL history. I mean Horseface was the one thing Donk fans could still talk smack about...but Mahomes is better at every aspect of the QB position...that's just a fact. There is nothing Elway did that Mahomes doesn't do better...other than grease his jersey to get to a legacy SB.

Mahomes wont have to resort to desperation tactics...he's already won a legitimate one.

Remember when Brady deflating footballs was all the talk...can you imagine what the situation would have been if they actually had to halt a play-off game...and scrape vasoline off Patriot players jerseys? I would guess a full disqualification...and coaches suspended for at least a year...maybe a Pete Rose treatment if cap violations were exposed after the fact. It would be a massive scandal...definitely a black eye for the league.

Kind of amazing how things worked out...

So..be honest..if Davis wasn't on those SB teams...would they have won back to back SBs?
Davis was definitely a major force, but those teams were loaded as well. Not suggesting he was irreplaceable by any means, he was not. Elway put that franchise on his back for years and made it to 3 SBs in the 80s. The team was so much better overall in the late 90s.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:27 AM 05-10-2021
NFL removes “Rodgers vs Mahomes” from schedule release commercial

During the 2021 draft, the NFL ran a commercial for the May 12 schedule release. The 30-second spot hyped “Rodgers vs Mahomes” as one of the games to be played in the first-ever 17-game season.

With the schedule release three days away, there’s a new version of the commercial. And “Rodgers vs Mahomes” is gone.

Replacing “Rodgers vs Mahomes” is “Jackson vs Mahomes,” a reference to the Chiefs-Ravens game set for 2021, which will pit 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson against 2018 MVP Patrick Mahomes.

It’s an unofficial acknowledgement by the NFL of the uncertainty as to the question of whether 2020 MVP Aaron Rodgers actually will be playing for the Packers in 2021. And it underscores the eleventh-hour complications to the scheduling process regarding the placement of the Packers-Chiefs game — and of the two games between Kansas City and Denver, the most likely Rodgers destination (if he’s traded).

Those will be among the first names noticed when the schedule emerges. Green Bay at Kansas City. Denver at Kansas City. Kansas City at Denver. In which week will each be played? Will they be dropped into spots from which they can be flexed?

The league office doesn’t know how this will play out. The fact that “Rodgers vs Mahomes” no longer appears in the effort to attract viewership to the show that adds the “when” to the “who” and the “where” proves that, when it comes to the biggest story in the NFL, the powers-that-be are in the dark, along with the rest of us.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...se-commercial/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:11 AM 05-10-2021
No one talking about the soundbyte about Rogers happy if he goes to Denver so he could have more opportunities to beat Mahomes?

Originally Posted by Rich Eisen:
I heard he’d happily go to Denver because they’ve got the weapons. He doesn’t care that it’s in Mahomes’ division. He would actually love to personally beat Mahomes.

He would love to send Mahomes to the Wildcard every single year. This is what I’ve been told.

[Reply]
Skyy God 07:39 AM 05-10-2021
Davis was definitely a major force, but those teams were loaded as well. Not suggesting he was irreplaceable by any means, he was not. Elway put that franchise on his back for years and made it to 3 SBs in the 80s. The team was so much better overall in the late 90s.
Loaded due to cap fraud.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:55 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
No one talking about the soundbyte about Rogers happy if he goes to Denver so he could have more opportunities to beat Mahomes?
It’s already been discussed. Easy to talk like that when he knows it’s likely not going to happen anyways.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:00 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Loaded due to cap fraud.
Nah.
[Reply]
TEX 09:33 AM 05-10-2021
Nah.
Guess they were fined and stripped of draft picks TWICE, for the hell of it. :-)

The NFL record books should contain the following:

*The Denver Broncos have no legitimate Titles

** Violated the salary cap during their first 2 Championship seasons.

***Manning took HGH during their other one, but blamed it on his wife...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:50 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Guess they were fined and stripped of draft picks TWICE, for the hell of it. :-)

The NFL record books should contain the following:

*The Denver Broncos have no legitimate Titles

** Violated the salary cap during their first 2 Championship seasons.

***Manning took HGH during their other one, but blamed it on his wife...
Again, from what I recall it was about deferred payments to Elway and Davis related to stadium financing. I have not seen anything that confirmed the deferred payments allowed them to sign more players than legally allowed by the cap. It was creative financing on how those 2 players were paid. They were found guilty of cap violations in that regard and paid their penalties. But, I have not seen one statement from the league that confirmed they actually were given an advantage by signing players they otherwise would have been unable to pay/sign.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 05-10-2021
Man, I go away for the weekend only to come back and see this non-story still at the top.

The good news is that CP is inherently admitting that they think the Chiefs NAILED the offseason because they're talking about Aaron Rodgers and the Broncos.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 63 of 167
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up