ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 167
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:44 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
What he did was pretend to break a story that wasn't "breaking news" making it a ratings thing for ESPN. It was overblown and caused a stir in the NFL and the worst part is that's all we heard about between draft picks and oh is this team or that team going to trade for Aaron Rodgers when it should have been a day about draft prospects. Pretty bogus thing to do imo. A A ron didn't say anything so everyone was left to speculations and drama drama drama.
Agreed, but given EXACTLY what he stated, nobody should have really blinked an eye. He literally stated over and over that this was something that these were things that had happened since the end of the season or so. I wouldn't have given him airtime for it, but I don't find fault with anything he said.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:30 PM 05-06-2021
So this Rodgers' saga was leaked during the draft...and came from a source that really didn't know shit about the situation.

Now it's been a headline generator for over a week....rinse/repeat.

Normally I'd be put-off by this level of media manipulation...except it really got Donk fans hopes up...only to crush them back into a Lock/Bridgewater reality...

I'll never not enjoy a quality dose of schadenfreude when it comes to Horseface's cheating-ass franchise...
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:32 PM 05-06-2021
“Sorry, coach. I tweaked a hammy walking out of the tunnel. I’m probably just going to pedal this bike on the sidelines for a few weeks. Love is ready, right?”
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:22 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'll never not enjoy a quality dose of schadenfreude when it comes to Horseface's cheating-ass franchise...
Fuck Donk Forever
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:26 AM 05-07-2021
if the rumors are true that rodgers was telling pending free agents he won't return, could the league get him for tampering? :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:28 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Fuck the Packers and their asshole fans.

Rodgers has every right to be fucking pissed off.

He took the team to the NFC Championship two years in a row and the front office rewarded him by drafting a QB in the first round.

I hope Rodgers leaves and the Packers suck for eternity, like the Raiders.

The Chiefs have an issue with offensive line and what does Veach do? Sign three Pro Bowlers and draft a potential Pro Bowler center.

The Packers fall short of the Super Bowl and what does their GM do? Draft a QB.
I am stumped. I cannot decide who gets butthurt more easily, you or Rodgers :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:22 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
And skipping out on getting multiple picks/players. Kind of cutting off their noses to spite their face.
That's happening no matter what they do. They're in a jam either way.
[Reply]
TEX 09:33 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
**** Donk Forever
Well said sir! :-)
[Reply]
TEX 09:35 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
So this Rodgers' saga was leaked during the draft...and came from a source that really didn't know shit about the situation.

Now it's been a headline generator for over a week....rinse/repeat.

Normally I'd be put-off by this level of media manipulation...except it really got Donk fans hopes up...only to crush them back into a Lock/Bridgewater reality...

Loves me some Cheating Donx misery any way it comes, but this way is especially pleasing. :-)
[Reply]
jettio 09:49 AM 05-07-2021
On Inside the NBA last night Charles Barkley said, oh let's not start false rumors, we are not that other network that just creates fake stories.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:39 AM 05-07-2021
based on the amount of money rodgers will have to repay to greenbay if he doesn't play I'll be surprised if he doesn't fold like the bitch he is and go back to greenbay

Oh Aaron, you don't wanna play in Green Bay anymore

Thats nice sweetie
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:28 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
based on the amount of money rodgers will have to repay to greenbay if he doesn't play I'll be surprised if he doesn't fold like the bitch he is and go back to greenbay

Oh Aaron, you don't wanna play in Green Bay anymore

Thats nice sweetie
He's made over 200 mill, and im sure invested much of it. If he is as stubborn as they would have us believe I can see him repaying.
[Reply]
notorious 11:47 AM 05-07-2021
Green Bay is that dude that’s luckily fallen into 2 gorgeous women over the years, treated them like shit and drove them away. He will expect another one to just fall into his lap, when in reality is going to discover they don’t grow on trees, and that he’s a loser that’s squandered several chances at an amazing thing.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:48 AM 05-07-2021
They can't trade Rodgers without destroying themselves for the next several years. Trading him means "We are starting over." No division title, no playoffs and far less relevance in the media and league. They have been in the last 4 Champ games. Lost them all but still the team is not complete shit.

They have no idea if Love is any good but they certainly know the chances he just lights it up is slim. They will make Rodgers quit before they trade him just to save face with the fan base.

Now Watson is a little different even with the outside legal shit. Houston is shit and has a crap roster. Their fanbase may be ready to just cut cut bait and start over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Green Bay is that dude that’s luckily fallen into 2 gorgeous women over the years, treated them like shit and drove them away. He will expect another one to just fall into his lap, when in reality is going to discover they don’t grow on trees, and that he’s a loser that’s squandered several chances at an amazing thing.
Holy shit. Almost 30 years of transcendent talent at QB and they managed to win just 2 Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 167
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up