ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 167
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
staylor26 08:54 AM 05-06-2021

If the choice is trade Aaron Rodgers or let him retire, the Packers' front office may prefer the latter. Here's a look at the various factors that could make it better for CEO Mark Murphy if Rodgers calls it a career -- and pays back $29.8 million. https://t.co/r3iphHiWLk

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 6, 2021

[Reply]
TripleThreat 08:55 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

I guess that makes you an expert here, huh? :-)

Sitting out is also an empty threat. He’s 38 years old and isn’t going to waste one of the few years he has left when his team has left a shot at a SB. It’s not happening.
Sitting out isn’t an empty threat though.. he could very well sit out this year, come back for his last year and then leave forcing Green Bay to have to play a year without him just to watch him come back for the 2023 season and then leave at age 40 like Brady.

Sitting out could very much disrupt Green Bay’s plans. He already has a ton of money, and Green Bay could move on from him after this next year and save 22 million.. so he does have leverage it’s really about if he’s serious about giving up a years salary.

It really comes down to whose more comfortable and I think Aaron Rodgers while it would be uncomfortable would be more comfortable sitting out a year and watching the flames burn down Green Bay, than the front office would like to admit.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:55 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Deal is Denver WILL over-pay to get him. It's their ONLY chance to be relevant next season. Personally, if I'm going to give up a king's ransom for a proven QB, I'd pass on the whole Rodgers deal and wait for Deshaun Watson. He's MUCH younger, so parting with the talent and the draft picks it will take to get said QB, won't have as much of a dramatic affect because said QB can play for 10+ years rather than 3 or 4. Give me a young Top 5 QB over and old one with a soon expiring expiration date any day.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Even if Watson winds up missing a significant portion of the 2021 season, he could still be a great QB for the next decade.

I have to think Watson could be acquired for a lot less right now because of the sexual assault allegations, and his upside is so high for so long.

I think any Chiefs fan would HATE to see Deshaun Watson in Denver. I know I would.
[Reply]
-King- 09:00 AM 05-06-2021
So you prefer to take the word of the clickbait media over a known friend of Rodgers who spoke to him personally about the situation?
"MY OPINION is that there's a 0% chance he retires"

Btw, do you think Adam schefter and Ian Rapaport of all people just made that shit up?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Sitting out isn’t an empty threat though.. he could very well sit out this year, come back for his last year and then leave forcing Green Bay to have to play a year without him just to watch him come back for the 2023 season and then leave at age 40 like Brady.

Sitting out could very much disrupt Green Bay’s plans. He already has a ton of money, and Green Bay could move on from him after this next year and save 22 million.. so he does have leverage it’s really about if he’s serious about giving up a years salary.

It really comes down to whose more comfortable and I think Aaron Rodgers while it would be uncomfortable would be more comfortable sitting out a year and watching the flames burn down Green Bay, than the front office would like to admit.
All of this ignores the fact that he’s 38 years old and doesn’t have much time left to begin with. Just because Brady can play well into his 40’s doesn’t make it the new norm by any means. He would be wasting very precious time and possibly missing out on potentially a last chance at a SB.

The article I posted form PFT says it best. The Packers might be better off with him retiring than trading him. Then you don’t have the risk of him making you look stupid and like the bad guy like Brady just did. Not to even mention the financial stuff. If you trade him and he goes on to win a SB, the chances of you “winning” that trade are pretty much 0%.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:06 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:

Btw, do you think Adam schefter and Ian Rapaport of all people just made that shit up?
Yea his opinion after speaking to Rodgers personally. Of course he’s not going to come out and say “Rodgers said ______” out of respect for him. He’s clearly the messenger though. And Kuhn had similar things to say as well after talking to him personally.

Schefter isn’t above clickbait and stirring the pot. It’s what all journalists do nowadays.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:06 AM 05-06-2021
All of this ignores the fact that he’s 38 years old and doesn’t have much time left to begin with. Just because Brady can play well into his 40’s doesn’t make it the new norm by any means. He would be wasting very precious time and possibly missing out on potentially a last chance at a SB.

The article I posted form PFF says it best. The Packers might be better off with him retiring than trading him. Then you don’t have the risk of him making you look stupid and like the bad guy like Brady just did. Not to even mention the financial stuff. If you trade him and he goes on to win a SB, the chances of you “winning” that trade are pretty much 0%.
You also risk not leveraging a valuable asset to help rebuild the franchise.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:09 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
You also risk not leveraging a valuable asset to help rebuild the franchise.
Yea assuming they’d get equal value in the first place.

But that’s almost impossible when whoever you trade him to becomes a contender and you’re likely looking at late 1st round picks.

A couple of late 1st round picks and a guy like Jeudy isn’t going to make you look like a winner if Rodgers goes on the win a SB like Brady just did. No chance. Nobody wants to trade an MVP unless they get a ridiculous haul. That’s almost impossible given the timing if they were to do it now. The time to make a trade is before the draft, not after.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:13 AM 05-06-2021

I assumed Staylor was going full retard.

Thanks for confirming.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 AM 05-06-2021
I assumed Staylor was going full retard.

Thanks for confirming.
Yea it s going “full retard” to take the word of somebody who is close with Rodgers and has actually spoken to him personally about the matter.

Not to mention he isn’t even the only friend of Rodgers who has spoken to him personally about the situation and said similar things.

Fucking moron.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:17 AM 05-06-2021

We have Adam on now. He said this was not a breaking report, but an "accumulation of information".
He added Aaron Rodgers/Rodgers' camp was NOT the source of this story.
He told us he chose to post this on draft day, but it's based on info since the season ended to draft day. https://t.co/urKJpWtrEN

— Paul Pabst (@PaulPabst) May 6, 2021

But yea let’s listen to him as opposed to Rodger’s friends who have spoken to him about it.
[Reply]
-King- 09:25 AM 05-06-2021

But yea let’s listen to him as opposed to Rodger’s friends who have spoken to him about it.
How exactly does that help your case? Because Schefter won't out his source?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 05-06-2021
How exactly does that help your case? Because Schefter won't out his source?
Because it’s pretty obvious given the timing and what Rodger’s friends that have spoken to him have said that this was your typical clickbait story.

I can’t believe that it’s 2021 and people still don’t understand how the media works.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 AM 05-06-2021
There’s a difference between Schefter literally reporting breaking news and reporting speculation/rumors.

If you don’t understand this, go back and look at what he said about Mac Jones being the 49ers guy.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:40 AM 05-06-2021
So Rogers is blowing his leverage by blabbing to AJ ****ing Hawk about his true intentions?

It’s possible but seems unlikely.

Hawk’s opinion isn’t gospel.
Why don't you go mock a deceased member's thread again and alleviate us of your "great negotiating knowledge", BRAH....
[Reply]
Page 53 of 167
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103153 > Last »
Up