ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 167
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
mkp785 03:32 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not lost on me that Green Bay has had 30 years of HOF QB play and had issues with both guys...this is an organizational issue.
Everyone always want to blame the "selfish, whiney player"

It's never the dipshit team and their front office of shaved monkeys that run things fault..
[Reply]
threebag 03:32 PM 04-29-2021
Eleay’s asshole is getting wet at the idea of Rogers in a Donk uni.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:32 PM 04-29-2021
If the Chiefs continued to do nothing he asked for year after year and acted like they could give a shit what he thought, you don't think he'd say anything?

The Packers have asked for this.
I think he'd send out some really angry emojis.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:33 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No single owner to kiss their ass and make the final call. That is Green Bay's problem.
They're a spoiled organization, they have no idea what not having a QB is like, hence why they don't think they should pamper him.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:33 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think he'd send out some really angry emojis.
LOL we won't have to worry about it.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:37 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:

It's never the dipshit team and their front office of shaved monkeys that run things fault..
Because of the money they make lots of fans think players should just shutup and play and aren't allowed to say anything.

It's pretty stupid actually.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:38 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

It's just funny watching you selectively apply when something's rigged and when it isn't.

Rodgers loses to Brady in the NFCC? Rodgers's fault.

Mahomes loses to Brady in the SB? It's rigged!

Watching you tip toe between being a conspiritard and being an amateur analyst is too funny. The mental gymnastics you must do....
I think the whole ****ing thing is rigged...Ive made that quite clear. You dont have to agree with me...I'm not tip toeing any line.

I have as much emotional investment in the NFL as I do a tree stump...It's YOU the needs to publicly validate your emotional attachment...and my opinion threatens that.

Like I said...I dont give a shit, so move on...I dont care what you believe or dont...I fully support your choice. Isnt America grand?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:40 PM 04-29-2021
They're a spoiled organization, they have no idea what not having a QB is like, hence why they don't think they should pamper him.
It is fucking insane if you look at the list of their starting QB by season. With a couple of oddball seasons as exceptions their list of starters going back to the 1950’s:

Bart Starr
John Hadl
Lynn Dickey
Don Majkowski
Brett Favre
Aaron Rodgers

That’s disgusting.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:42 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I think the whole ****ing thing is rigged...Ive made that quite clear. You dont have to agree with me...I'm not tip toeing any line.

I have as much emotional investment in the NFL as I do a tree stump...It's YOU the needs to publicly validate your emotional attachment.

Like I said...I dont give a shit, so move on...I dont care what you believe or dont.
So then why are you discussing the merits of Aaron Rodgers' play in the NFCCG, Mr. "it couldnt have been gift-wrapped any better"?

It's all rigged. OBVIOUSLY Aaron Rodgers had no control over the outcome of that game since it was rigged for Brady.

So im just curious as to why you hold Aaron responsible?

I think it's a fair question.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:48 PM 04-29-2021
I intentionally left out my "rigged" observations from that NFCCG game for sake of a thread derailment...it's only you that is selling "wolf tickets"...trying to start an argument.

Consider our correspondence done...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:50 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Aaron Rodgers deserves to be traded to Houston at this point and to be subjected to that dumpster fire.

Enjoy calling Jack Easterby, "boss", Aaron.
No the fucking Packers and their spoiled ass franchise deserves to go through 50 years of Matt Cassel and Tyler Thigpen retread hell.

They’ve had HOF QB play since the early 90’s and have 2 rings to their name. That’s pathetic and they take no ownership of their shitty management
[Reply]
hawkchief 03:56 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:

Nothing says both can't be true. Rodgers has been a know a-hole for a long time.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:59 PM 04-29-2021
Trolling Packers fans, you love to see it.

Me three ☺️ https://t.co/OwEm4DSOeS

— Ty Hill (@cheetah) April 29, 2021

[Reply]
Valiant 04:10 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The 49ers.
Would the 49ers still be good after giving up the hall?

You would think young stars and minimum 3 firsts plus.
And possibly more because those firsts should be 25th or later outside of this year.

That and I assume they would only deal with afc teams again.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:11 PM 04-29-2021
Long term it probably hurt that McCcarthy won a super bowl early and they stuck with him way to long because of that.

But to be fair they either drafted OL or Defensive players with a late first round pick most years. Not sure the belief that if we put a winning team on the field should make everyone happy is wrong. It just did not work out.

But it seems that they just got the coaching figured out. Weird time to want to jump ship. Unless he want to get closer to LA and compete for the Jeopardy job or just a ploy to get a big extension.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 167
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up