ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 53
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:08 PM 06-10-2021
My grill in the sun. And it is not on.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:39 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
110 in Phoenix >>> 90 in the midwest

115+ is a bit oppressive though.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:38 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Iowa winters are different, man. The difference between here and emporia where I went to college is substantial. I went to Iowa once during the winter. And it was fairly temperate according to the locals, but it’s a different kind of cold and the sun never shines. I was there for a week. Dad wanted to fly but there was literally 0 seconds the whole week he could have done a VFR landing.

Dad went a couple other times for gold key tours at Deere and he said it was the same except much colder. One time he said it wasn’t above 0 the whole trip.

**** Iowa.
Buehler is right, they aren't the same.

Cool in the OP with the lightning strikes.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:08 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Outside of a below 10 degrees period polar blast, give me winter instead of Jul-August any day. I know I'm one of the only ones.

Winter is fantastic. No yard work. Cheaper energy bills. No sweating. Sleep like a baby in the cold.
100%
[Reply]
notorious 07:20 AM 06-11-2021
I can play outside with my kids when it’s 95-100. I can sit down and knock down beers in 95-100. My hands function while working in 95-100 temps.

Winter can get fucked.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 AM 06-11-2021
We have been lucky, I would say dry heat.

If I am not complaining, or insta-sweating, it is not bad.

Rain moving in.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:50 AM 06-11-2021
anyone in SE Nebraska getting anything bad?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 06-11-2021
Iowa winters are different, man. The difference between here and emporia where I went to college is substantial. I went to Iowa once during the winter. And it was fairly temperate according to the locals, but it’s a different kind of cold and the sun never shines. I was there for a week. Dad wanted to fly but there was literally 0 seconds the whole week he could have done a VFR landing.

Dad went a couple other times for gold key tours at Deere and he said it was the same except much colder. One time he said it wasn’t above 0 the whole trip.

Fuck Iowa.
Yep.

For me, it's not a matter of physical comfort. Extreme cold and extreme heat are BOTH super uncomfortable.

However, for me, living in Iowa, a hot summer is annoying. A cold, dark winter is DEPRESSING.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:13 PM 06-11-2021

**** Iowa.
Yeah, you are right on that. I went to high school & college in Iowa and they were pretty brutal. I still remember the summers kind of sucking but that is probably because I played golf alot right in the middle of the day at it's hottest and detassled a couple of summers.
[Reply]
notorious 01:02 PM 06-11-2021
25 degrees in Denver: T-Shirt Weather

25 degrees in a humid area like KC through Iowa: Fuck You it’s cold

The moisture in the air transfers the cold directly to my bones. It’s similar to wind chill, only sneakier.
[Reply]
TLO 01:35 PM 06-11-2021
Got a nice blow job here in NW Missouri. Said up to 70mph winds but we didn't get anything quite that strong. Maybe 40-50 mph gust where I'm at.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:40 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

25 degrees in a humid area like KC through Iowa: Fuck You it’s cold

The moisture in the air transfers the cold directly to my bones. It’s similar to wind chill, only sneakier.
And blows through your clothes.

I wasn't sure if it transfers cold into your bones, or just transfers pain.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:42 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

25 degrees in a humid area like KC through Iowa: **** You it’s cold

Yeah, no kidding. I remember walking around in Virginia a few years ago. It was 25 degrees and I didn't think I was going to survive.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:51 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
And I bet it still feels more comfy in Phoenix than it does up here due to the humidity....
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I read this in Hudson's voice :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:56 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Got a nice blow job here in NW Missouri. Said up to 70mph winds but we didn't get anything quite that strong. Maybe 40-50 mph gust where I'm at.
hear of any major damage anywhere?

I would say the KC area is on alert.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 53
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up