8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
PHOG 02:16 PM 02-12-2021
I'm almost all in, about time. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:13 AM 02-13-2021
I’m kinda surprised the Royals haven’t jumped on Trevor Rosenthal.

Bringing back Rosenthal on a one-year deal, potentially with an option for 2022, sends a clear message to the players, fans and baseball at-large.

“We’re in it to win it and we will stop at nothing to make sure we get that job done.”
[Reply]
Jerm 12:23 AM 02-13-2021
What is the go to service for streaming for this season for a cord cutter? Was thinking MLB.tv but they blackout everything local right? YoutubeTV doesn’t carry FSKC any more so no more Royals games on it....
[Reply]
tk13 12:36 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’m kinda surprised the Royals haven’t jumped on Trevor Rosenthal.

Bringing back Rosenthal on a one-year deal, potentially with an option for 2022, sends a clear message to the players, fans and baseball at-large.

“We’re in it to win it and we will stop at nothing to make sure we get that job done.”
I think it'd be a good signing but if you didn't already think that after Dayton signed Santana, not sure if Rosenthal will push you over the edge.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:41 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
A lot of it is just a guess right now. Maybe Hanser Alberto or Kelvin Gutierrez come in to spring training and really play well at 3B and hit really well, that might create an opportunity for Hunter Dozier in Right Field.

We shall see, but I am looking forward to the season.

I hope to go to spring training and to watch some games.

I’m interested to see how spring training works out. The Royals aren’t known to rush players anymore. Olivares does have an advantage by playing last season & doing well.

The Royals made a mistake in 2019 by going with a free agent Billy Hamilton for the starting CF job over Brian Goodwin, who was acquired mid-season in 2018, much like Olivares in 2020. Olivares is faster, younger, and strikes out much less than Goodwin. In addition, he has the potential to be a much better defensive player than Goodwin as well (not to mention less injury-prone). And thus, if the Royals front office made a mistake with Goodwin, they could be making an even bigger error if they overlook Olivares when they report to camp in Surprise.

It will be interesting to see how Moore and Matheny will handle Olivares this spring, and if he will be given the opportunity to earn the starting job for 2021.

I hope they decide to go with a young guy. Merrifield at 2B is my preferred choice instead of RF.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 AM 02-13-2021
It really come down to Olivares vs Nicky Lopez.

They love Lopez’s defense at 2B, which is excellent, but he needs to give them much more with the bat to keep a starting gig.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 AM 02-13-2021
We had a black hole in the line-up for years at 2b. Then we get Merrifield and even though he's a great hitter and near gold glover at 2b, we won't leave him there, so we have...a black hole at 2b.

I don't get it.

Anyway, this line-up looks pretty okay. The team will go as the young pitching goes. I'm hopeful for a competitive squad, in the .500-ish range.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:54 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
What is the go to service for streaming for this season for a cord cutter? Was thinking MLB.tv but they blackout everything local right? YoutubeTV doesn’t carry FSKC any more so no more Royals games on it....
Hulu had them last year.
[Reply]
Coach 10:10 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Same here for this question. I really wish MLB would get rid of that stupid blackout rule. It’s antiqued.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:34 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Hulu had them last year.
Hulu does not have them this year.

Those shitbirds at Sinclair broadcasting are trying to play hardball with all the streaming services, while they set up their own streaming network (that looks to be at least a year out).

They're partnering with Bally's to make sports betting integrated with their broadcasts, where legal.

Sinclair Broadcasting = THE WORST.

In the mean time, MLB.TV with a VPN is probably the best bet. That way you can hide your actual network. It's tricky to get it to work with a streaming device like a Roku, though.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:35 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We had a black hole in the line-up for years at 2b. Then we get Merrifield and even though he's a great hitter and near gold glover at 2b, we won't leave him there, so we have...a black hole at 2b.

I don't get it.

Anyway, this line-up looks pretty okay. The team will go as the young pitching goes. I'm hopeful for a competitive squad, in the .500-ish range.
Lopez was a fantastic contact hitter throughout his career...low strikeouts. It's not foolish to be a bit more patient and see if he can finally make the turn and adjusts to MLB pitching and regain his career norms. If he does, he's a great foundation piece, given his defense. Whit in RF is not a bad situation. I think his SB totals went down primarily due to playing so much CF, which is far more taxing than RF.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:36 AM 02-13-2021
So, I don't follow baseball too closely but I did see the recent trade.

Objectively, how do we look this year? Do we have a chance to contend for a postseason spot?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:38 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Hulu does not have them this year.

Those shitbirds at Sinclair broadcasting are trying to play hardball with all the streaming services, while they set up their own streaming network (that looks to be at least a year out).

They're partnering with Bally's to make sports betting integrated with their broadcasts, where legal.

Sinclair Broadcasting = THE WORST.

In the mean time, MLB.TV with a VPN is probably the best bet. That way you can hide your actual network. It's tricky to get it to work with a streaming device like a Roku, though.
FWIW: Express VPN software on a 2nd wifi router works like a charm. Works both with the NFL app and MLB app on Roku.
[Reply]
TLO 10:46 AM 02-13-2021
Is Sling still an option? I watched games on there a few years back.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:51 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Is Sling still an option? I watched games on there a few years back.

No.

The shitbags at Sinclair have frozen out literally every single streaming service.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 440
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up