ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 55
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:17 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
How many times have you seen Andy whine about the refs?
We don't give a damn about that...he is a brilliant coach who has had tons of playoff success without winning the trophy yet hence he is Andy before Andy finally broke through and won.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:19 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Aaaaand now for the blatant trolling.

Wonder if there's any decent baseball on tonight and tomorrow... the Diamondbacks are seriously bad.
Can't debate the points made so plays the "trolling" card...brilliant :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 12:22 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
We don't give a damn about that...he is a brilliant coach who has had tons of playoff success without winning the trophy yet hence he is Andy before Andy finally broke through and won.
Well, you asked. Just because your fans are ignorant about the rules (see whining about Graves' clean hit while defending Reaves) doesn't mean you get to be free of ridicule from the rest of the league who do.

I was particularly amused at all of the "refs you suck" chants in Vegas after correct calls. That kind of thing just enforces the perception that your fans don't know WTF they're watching.

I mean, hell, you don't even know how to spell your players' names (it's Reaves, not Reeves). Pay attention, learn about the game, and maybe someday you won't look like a bandwagon fan.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:49 PM 06-11-2021
Well, you asked. Just because your fans are ignorant about the rules (see whining about Graves' clean hit while defending Reaves) doesn't mean you get to be free of ridicule from the rest of the league who do.

I was particularly amused at all of the "refs you suck" chants in Vegas after correct calls. That kind of thing just enforces the perception that your fans don't know WTF they're watching.

I mean, hell, you don't even know how to spell your players' names (it's Reaves, not Reeves). Pay attention, learn about the game, and maybe someday you won't look like a bandwagon fan.
Lol now you're moaning about how I spell players NAMES??? Sorry but you sound like a sore LOSER tbh :-) ..and I'm not one to rub salt in the wound btw. Also fans moaning about the refs are part of the game buddy.
.deal with it. Didn't the avs get around SIX power plays in the first game?? And many other soft ones along the series imo. Moan all you like about Deboar...he's one of the best in the league and just made mince-meat out of Bendar...it is what it is.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:13 PM 06-11-2021

Knights dude throws puck over the glass and no one is within 10 feet for their first penalty of the game in the 2nd(?) period, after countless takedowns, clutching, grabbing, shenanigans that go uncalled....

(let me spell that correctly for such an amazing coach):

[Reply]
DaFace 01:15 PM 06-11-2021
Knights dude throws puck over the glass and no one is within 10 feet for their first penalty of the game in the 2nd(?) period, after countless takedowns, clutching, grabbing, shenanigans that go uncalled....
:-)

Yeah, that's about right. Now you just need a "Why doesn't everyone else respect us?" at the end.
[Reply]
morphius 01:22 PM 06-11-2021
:-)

Yeah, that's about right. Now you just need a "Why doesn't everyone else respect us?" at the end.
Yeah, they really just swallowed their whistles in game 5. I "missed" game 6 so I don't know what that one looked like. But we still had plenty of opportunities and just couldn't close.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:27 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Yeah, they really just swallowed their whistles in game 5. I "missed" game 6 so I don't know what that one looked like. But we still had plenty of opportunities and just couldn't close.
Game 6 wasn't uneven, but they definitely were letting things go. Lots of grabbing and such. The part that's frustrating is that that tends to work against the Avs who typically get PP opportunities because teams grab them to slow them down.

It's kind of crazy how rarely the best teams in the regular season end up being the best teams in the playoffs in hockey, and I'd argue that the shift in how games are called is a lot of that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:33 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Both teams had 1 penalty called all game... Vegas throwing the puck over the glass and a very obvious trip from the Avalanche.

Games 3-6... 4/6 penalties on Vegas were pucks over the glass.

Prior to that, a bunch of holdings, trippings, slashing, etc; and it's not like all of that suddenly disappeared.

But again, it was called like that both ways... a lot of penalties in the first couple games, then nothing after that; for both sides.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:44 PM 06-11-2021
Game 6 wasn't uneven, but they definitely were letting things go. Lots of grabbing and such. The part that's frustrating is that that tends to work against the Avs who typically get PP opportunities because teams grab them to slow them down.

It's kind of crazy how rarely the best teams in the regular season end up being the best teams in the playoffs in hockey, and I'd argue that the shift in how games are called is a lot of that.
We pretty much had the same record as the avs so they weren't really the clear best team in the regular season imo.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:55 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
We pretty much had the same record as the avs so they weren't really the clear best team in the regular season imo.
I can see how a statement about a long-term league trend would be confusing to someone who only pays attention to his own team.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:08 PM 06-11-2021
I can see how a statement about a long-term league trend would be confusing to someone who only pays attention to his own team.
My statement was still TRUE though and we were tied with the avs for the best record..therefore that "trend" isn't really relevant in this case. One day i hope your bitterness towards my VGK subsides and you grow to appreciate an organisation who is honest and hard working both on and off the ice :-) .
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:13 PM 06-11-2021
Yeah, that's a big part of it... going all the way back to when it was the Avalanche and Canucks in that division and the Canucks' style never really translated well and the Avalanche had to deal with the Wild. The Penguins will continue to struggle against the Islanders until they adjust. And of course the Leafs (who are also a head case) and Oil.

And Vegas did play that well when it came to plucking players... they're fast, relentless, and take hockey back 30 years with all of the obstruction. And it works.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:37 AM 06-12-2021
Yeah, that's a big part of it... going all the way back to when it was the Avalanche and Canucks in that division and the Canucks' style never really translated well and the Avalanche had to deal with the Wild. The Penguins will continue to struggle against the Islanders until they adjust. And of course the Leafs (who are also a head case) and Oil.

And Vegas did play that well when it came to plucking players... they're fast, relentless, and take hockey back 30 years with all of the obstruction. And it works.
Montreal was one of the most penalized teams during the regular season and why they lost a lot of their games , they aren't playing much different but in the playoff that style equals wins, they change in philosophy during the playoff from the refs does benefit teams more than most, but this is not new and should not be a surprise, teams like Leafs/Avs/oil/ have a lot of money invested in top lines which dilutes the rest of their teams, when you are playing playoff hockey for 7 games having the ability to roll 4 lines without a drop-off in effectiveness does help as well.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:58 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Montreal was one of the most penalized teams during the regular season and why they lost a lot of their games , they aren't playing much different but in the playoff that style equals wins, they change in philosophy during the playoff from the refs does benefit teams more than most, but this is not new and should not be a surprise, teams like Leafs/Avs/oil/ have a lot of money invested in top lines which dilutes the rest of their teams, when you are playing playoff hockey for 7 games having the ability to roll 4 lines without a drop-off in effectiveness does help as well.
It's not surprising, just frustrating, especially when it not only doesn't benefit the game, it specifically goes against what they've put in place to make the game faster and more entertaining (granted in this case, there was plenty of speed).

The Avalanches have definitely struggled with depth, and having a completely useless Nemeth instead of EJ or Byram didn't help... and of course fuckin' Kadri.

I think Sakic did well this season of plugging holes, and will be interesting to see what they do moving forward, especially with another expansion pillaging.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 55
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up