ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 55
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 07:46 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Will Kadri be suspended for the remainder of the postseason?
Not sure about the entire postseason, since the NHL is historically so soft when it's counting playoff games, but I could see him suspended for the rest of the series (since he was a few years ago in a game 2) and into/including the following round.

Beyond that, I'd be surprised, but would still be deserved.

Watching some of these guys so far... Landeskog's Goldie Howe hat trick in game one and MacKinnon being on a freakin' mission, and Graves and Makar looking great, etc... and then there's this moron who still doesn't fucking get it, putting the entire team in a bad spot in the most important games of the season. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 08:27 AM 05-20-2021
I'd be pretty surprised if it was more than 4 games for Kadri, and I'd guess it'll be more like 2. They are usually pretty hesitant to give out huge suspensions in the playoffs.
Either way, it's coming.

Colorado’s Nazem Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing via Zoom for an Illegal Check to the Head on St. Louis’ Justin Faulk. Date and time TBD.

— NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) May 20, 2021

[Reply]
Monticore 11:05 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd be pretty surprised if it was more than 4 games for Kadri, and I'd guess it'll be more like 2. They are usually pretty hesitant to give out huge suspensions in the playoffs.
Either way, it's coming.

Most likely 2 but should be 4 Repeat offender who doesn’t seem to get it, you could end a guy’s career like that .
[Reply]
DaFace 11:22 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Most likely 2 but should be 4 Repeat offender who doesn’t seem to get it, you could end a guy’s career like that .
The "repeat offender" thing is tricky to me. Has he been suspended for cheap shots in the playoffs before? Obviously, yes. But this doesn't really seem to be the same issue to me. The other issues were retaliation and were definitely attempts to injure. This one just looks like an attempt at a body check that he mis-timed and mis-placed. Was it reckless? Yes. Should he be suspended for it? Yes. Was he trying to take a guy's head off? I don't think so from what I can see in the replays.

So whether they'll consider that a "repeat" offense or not, I don't know. I could see it going either way. Regardless, I'm not going to be too upset about it. He deserves what he gets.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:57 AM 05-20-2021
The "repeat offender" thing is tricky to me. Has he been suspended for cheap shots in the playoffs before? Obviously, yes. But this doesn't really seem to be the same issue to me. The other issues were retaliation and were definitely attempts to injure. This one just looks like an attempt at a body check that he mis-timed and mis-placed. Was it reckless? Yes. Should he be suspended for it? Yes. Was he trying to take a guy's head off? I don't think so from what I can see in the replays.

So whether they'll consider that a "repeat" offense or not, I don't know. I could see it going either way. Regardless, I'm not going to be too upset about it. He deserves what he gets.
Schenn or someone compared it to a Tom Wilson hit against the Blues... and Kadri should lower his head in shame just being in the same sentence as that waste of skin, but it's hard to see the intent in this one.

Granted, some players are great at hiding it, so for me it goes back to history as well. And to your point on retaliation, IIRC, they've tried to piece together less-than-obvious events in a game or series to help decide intent, so hopefully (for him) Kadri has been squeaky clean in that regard, up to that hit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:59 AM 05-20-2021
Should be a series suspension for that cheap POS
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:28 PM 05-20-2021
Lighting and Panthers what a game!
[Reply]
Fish 09:46 PM 05-20-2021
Pens and Islanders game was pretty crazy too. Incredible playoffs so far...
[Reply]
DaFace 10:01 PM 05-20-2021
Damn. Hope Taveres is OK.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:28 PM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Pens and Islanders game was pretty crazy too. Incredible playoffs so far...
Yeah, a ton of energy in several series. Pens/Isles wasn't doing much for me until tonight, but was a crazy one.

Hell, even the Knights and Wild scored more than a goal each. :-)
[Reply]
Pushead2 10:38 PM 05-20-2021
that was insanely brutal to watch. He has no luck when it comes to playoffs or tournaments.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:14 PM 05-20-2021
If anyone could make that look like an accident, it's Corey Perry.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:03 PM 05-21-2021

pic.twitter.com/XiHjGvSewg

— John Tavares (@91Tavares) May 21, 2021

[Reply]
Fish 10:20 PM 05-21-2021
Damn fine win for the Avs.

Again some crazy finishes today..
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:06 AM 05-22-2021
Blues just don't have the offense right now.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 55
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up