ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 190
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:23 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
It's not "no one." It's 0.000005% of the Earth's population.
What makes his stupid post even dumber is the fact that 99.999999999% of ALL of these guys have been on the NCAA, AAU and NBA radar since they were 10 or 11 years old, whether it's local scouts or summer basketball camps held by legendary coaches and players.

Same with the NFL, which is why it's so ridiculous for ANY parent to believe their child is somehow gifted in these sports because the amount of people that actually make it to the NBA or NFL is infintessimal.

Only 5,000 men have ever been on an NBA roster.
[Reply]
Pants 03:24 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm pretty sure you're posting from a psych ward
LOL

Or this.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:32 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What makes his stupid post even dumber is the fact that 99.999999999% of ALL of these guys have been on the NCAA, AAU and NBA radar since they were 10 or 11 years old, whether it's local scouts or summer basketball camps held by legendary coaches and players.

Same with the NFL, which is why it's so ridiculous for ANY parent to believe their child is somehow gifted in these sports because the amount of people that actually make it to the NBA or NFL is infintessimal.

Only 5,000 men have ever been on an NBA roster.
Lol neither of you can grasp anything I said. Yes, so few make the league. What the fuck does that have to do with how or why they are picked? How does that prove why or how they last? You have no idea what's going on. All you know is you turned on your tv and cheered at a dunk.
[Reply]
Pants 03:44 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Lol neither of you can grasp anything I said. Yes, so few make the league. What the fuck does that have to do with how or why they are picked? How does that prove why or how they last? You have no idea what's going on. All you know is you turned on your tv and cheered at a dunk.
Ever heard of the draft? That's how they are picked.

Why are they picked? Because they can play basketball better than anyone else on planet Earth.

How do they last? I imagine by being supreme physical beings, getting the best physical care and treatment available and taking care of their bodies with rest, recovery, and therapy.

It's not a conspiracy, crazy.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:58 PM 10-12-2020
If I'm starting a franchise and get either LBJ or MJ to build around, I'm taking LBJ every day and twice on Sunday.
You would probably be without a franchise player pretty quick then :-)
[Reply]
Pants 04:16 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You would probably be without a franchise player pretty quick then :-)
Why is that funny? He was with the Cavs for 7 years before he "took his talents" to Miami to chase rings.

It's a different era. The vast majority of superstars in the league have been moving to different teams.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:29 PM 10-12-2020
:-)

How's the view at Bellevue? Did they give you a room with a window?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:29 PM 10-12-2020
Why is that funny? He was with the Cavs for 7 years before he "took his talents" to Miami to chase rings.

It's a different era. The vast majority of superstars in the league have been moving to different teams.
Because the league tells them where to go. It's not their choice.
The league uses free agency as an excuse to make winners of who they want and when. Entertainment.
I realize you'll poo poo that concept, but oh well lol
[Reply]
Pants 04:35 PM 10-12-2020
Because the league tells them where to go. It's not their choice.
The league uses free agency as an excuse to make winners of who they want and when. Entertainment.
I realize you'll poo poo that concept, but oh well lol
No, no. You're right. It's all scripted.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:18 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
This whole article is really excellent.
Yes an unbiased analysis that gets into the psychology of why some are still unwilling to accept LeBron as the greatest of all time (despite it now becoming clear that he's going to easily have the numbers to make that claim).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:20 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
It’s not all there is, you just don’t want to accept the advance stats show the two are actually super close to one another. It’s pretty much a coin flip at that point, and either pick isn’t really a bad one. At this point James has longevity and it’s impress as hell, but there are things that he still won’t catch Jordon on.
Nobody is disputing that MJ's peak wasn't also extremely high (and maybe even slightly better than LeBron's). The argument is that the rest of LeBron's accomplishments, longevity and consistent dominance for the better part of two decades outweighs that potentially slight difference.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:34 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Nobody is disputing that MJ's peak wasn't also extremely high (and maybe even slightly better than LeBron's). The argument is that the rest of LeBron's accomplishments, longevity and consistent dominance for the better part of two decades outweighs that potentially slight difference.
That's not a horrible take. Basically MJ is the roided up Barry Bonds version of the NBA. At his peak just in another class.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:37 PM 10-12-2020
No, no. You're right. It's all scripted.
I enjoyed your sarcasm. You weenie!

But/and I'm jealous of the simple yet hilarious screen name you picked.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:37 PM 10-12-2020
Carlos Carson is that Chris guy we had a few years back.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:43 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That's not a horrible take. Basically MJ is the roided up Barry Bonds version of the NBA. At his peak just in another class.
I've always thought there is a difference between "best of all time" and "greatest of all time" in such debates. I personally think Mahomes is playing at a level over the past three years such that you could argue that 2018-2020 Mahomes is the best quarterback of all time (but of course he's still many years away from being able to argue he's the GOAT).
[Reply]
Page 48 of 190
« First < 384445464748 495051525898148 > Last »
Up