ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 3903
« First < 8485455565758 59606162681081585581058 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:46 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by FD:

The U.S. right now is acting like Wuhan did at the beginning of this last December, treating the virus as a PR problem that will go away if you ignore it as opposed to a real threat. China adjusted eventually but can we?
Much of the media overhypes things. But I don’t think that the patients in Wuhan who were being treated on the hallway floors and waiting rooms, because they had run out of hospital beds, thought things had been overhyped.

I think the US will adjust but it remains to be seen how quickly. The irony is that the better job that they do with containment the smaller the problem seems and more people conclude it was an overblown faux pandemic.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:46 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...avirus/607597/

Texas can only run 30 tests a day. If it breaks out in Texas or any of these other states you're never going to know until hospitals get overrun. Maybe that's by design.
Just :-). You are worse than the media over exaggerating this. Wash your hands regularly and don’t stick hands in mouth or touch face before doing so and you are fine.
[Reply]
eDave 12:53 PM 03-06-2020
The 7 Best Essential Oils for Colds & Flu

Studies show that essential oils can combat some of the strongest strains of viruses, like avian influenza A virus (H5N1), with little to no side effects – unlike many prescription medications.

https://blog.paleohacks.com/essentia...or-colds-flu/#
[Reply]
Fish 01:04 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
The 7 Best Essential Oils for Colds & Flu

Studies show that essential oils can combat some of the strongest strains of viruses, like avian influenza A virus (H5N1), with little to no side effects – unlike many prescription medications.

https://blog.paleohacks.com/essentia...or-colds-flu/#
Dude... :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:05 PM 03-06-2020
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...1&postcount=74
[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 03-06-2020
Man watching people just fan these flames is funny as fuck, if you aren't sickly or old just relax you might get sick but you'll be fine.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Man watching people just fan these flames is funny as fuck, if you aren't sickly or old just relax you might get sick but you'll be fine.
I think it's mostly just that most of us have older family members and are concerned on their behalf. I don't really care much if I get it, but it'd be devastating to unknowingly transmit it to a family member who has serious issues with it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:21 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

"Look, the WHO has said there's about a three percent fatality rate on this virus and every time they say that they always qualify it and say we expect it to drop a lot once we understand the full extent of the virus. ... It's among us. This is a flu season, everybody, There are 18,000 deaths from the flu," he continued.

"Why aren't we worried about that?" he asked. "Why isn't the message: get your flu shot? You're much more likely to die of the flu than the coronavirus."
There are posters on here who believe the flu shot 1) causes autism and/or 2) causes the flu. I wish I was kidding.
[Reply]
TLO 01:22 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think it's mostly just that most of us have older family members and are concerned on their behalf. I don't really care much if I get it, but it'd be devastating to unknowingly transmit it to a family member who has serious issues with it.
This. Along with the clients I work with. I work with individuals that have special needs and all of them have health issues to some degree. I'm concerned for them as well.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:23 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
There are posters on here who believe the flu shot 1) causes autism and/or 2) causes the flu. I wish I was kidding.
The Earth is also flat and 500 years old. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:28 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Just :-). You are worse than the media over exaggerating this. Wash your hands regularly and don’t stick hands in mouth or touch face before doing so and you are fine.
This is some willful ignorance and assumes that I only care about myself personally.

Healthcare workers in full protection are picking this up. People are going to get it on crowded public transportation. Kids are going to cough in their grandma's face. Pretending it's not happening will actually make things much worse.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:34 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
This is some willful ignorance and assumes that I only care about myself personally.

Healthcare workers in full protection are picking this up. People are going to get it on crowded public transportation. Kids are going to cough in their grandma's face. Pretending it's not happening will actually make things much worse.
Your care is to blame Trump..
And we all know it.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:39 PM 03-06-2020
This thread has made me pro coronavirus.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:42 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You're care. Is to blame Trump..
And we all know it.
This is all just a huge game to you isn't it?

Come back in a month and see where we're at. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
[Reply]
loochy 01:49 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
BUT I GOT FLU SHOT AND I GOT FLU HERPERDERPER
[Reply]
Page 58 of 3903
« First < 8485455565758 59606162681081585581058 > Last »
Up