ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3508 of 3903
« First < 2508300834083458349835043505350635073508 3509351035113512351835583608 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 12:28 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Exhibit A:

(The FB profile changes happened 5 weeks and 3 weeks ago, respectively.)
The COVID variant in India seems to be hitting the age 20-45 population really hard. The majority of my team is in India and it's been brutal. They don't have access to the vaccine yet. A guy who worked on my team last year just died last week. Age 25 and healthy. Had just gotten married and was planning to move to the U.S.

I had previously thought I really didn't care about getting the vaccine, but I went ahead and got Pfizer just because it's available at my Hy-Vee and they made it so easy. Seemed like why not? Trying to encourage others to but many friends and family just think it's unnecessary. Weird to see India where people are desperate for it, but can't get it.
[Reply]
TLO 12:42 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
The COVID variant in India seems to be hitting the age 20-45 population really hard. The majority of my team is in India and it's been brutal. They don't have access to the vaccine yet. A guy who worked on my team last year just died last week. Age 25 and healthy. Had just gotten married and was planning to move to the U.S.

I had previously thought I really didn't care about getting the vaccine, but I went ahead and got Pfizer just because it's available at my Hy-Vee and they made it so easy. Seemed like why not? Trying to encourage others to but many friends and family just think it's unnecessary. Weird to see India where people are desperate for it, but can't get it.
The Pfizer vaccine has shown to be very effective against all variants so far. I don't expect that to change. Hopefully they can start getting it into arms in India soon.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:43 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Cause **** old people. Amirite?
Yeah, that is exactly what I said.

I am from NY where we cared for the old people so much we shoved Covid patients into nursing homes.

Whoops.
[Reply]
NotDonger 12:46 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
The Pfizer vaccine has shown to be very effective against all variants so far. I don't expect that to change. Hopefully they can start getting it into arms in India soon.
Yep:

May 25, 2021 -- A study found that two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech or the Astra/Zeneca vaccine protect against the COVID-19 variant first detected in India -- as well as the variant first found in the United Kingdom.

The study emphasized the need for two doses, saying one dose of the vaccines provided much less protection.

The Public Health England study looked at health data from 1,054 people of different ages and ethnicities in April and May.

The study said the Pfizer vaccine was 88% effective against the B.1.617.2 variant, first found in India, 2 weeks after the second dose. The Pfizer vaccine was 93% effective against the variant found in the U.K., known as B.1.1.7, two weeks after the second dose.

Two doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine were 60% effective against the B.1.617.2 variant and 66% effective against B.1.1.7, the study said.

But one dose didn’t work nearly as well, the study said. Three weeks after the first dose, both vaccines provided only 33% effectiveness against B.1.617.2 and 50% effectiveness against B.1.1.7.

The study concluded, “After 2 doses of either vaccine there were only modest differences in vaccine effectiveness with the B.1.617.2 variant. Absolute differences in vaccine effectiveness were more marked with dose 1. This would support maximizing vaccine uptake with 2 doses among vulnerable groups.”

Jenny Harries, the chief executive of the U.K. Health Security Agency, hailed the study as the "first real-world evidence of vaccine effectiveness" against the variant, according to the BBC.

“This evidence is groundbreaking & shows how important the 2nd dose is to secure the strongest protection against COVID-19,” U.K. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said in a tweet. “Thank you to the scientists & clinicians who've been working to produce this research. It’s vital to get both jabs.”

The study authors said the different effectiveness of the vaccines after two doses might be explained by the earlier rollout of the Pfizer vaccine.

The BBC said the Moderna vaccine has also been used in the U.K. since April, but the numbers were too small to be included in the study.

Health experts say the B.1.617.2 variant is one of the main reasons India is having a difficult time bringing the pandemic under control.

India now has the second most confirmed coronavirus cases in the world (26.7 million, behind the United States’ 33.1 million) and the third most deaths (303,000; behind 590,000 in the U.S. and 449,000 in Brazil).

B.1.1.7 is now the dominant strain in the U.K.

[Reply]
TLO 12:59 PM 05-28-2021
To be honest, 90%+ effectiveness on the first try for a vaccine that is completed in less than a year might be one of mankind's greatest achievements. (Unless something catastrophic happens and it falls apart)

Science rules.
From back in November.

Go Pfizer!

(And Moderna... I guess)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:38 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

I don't expect it to hit all at once where it fills up ICU beds to capacity. But the nastier variants are going to circulate in the US.

People who had the original virus but don't get vaccinated may or may not get super sick but they will likely be able to spread it and those who have neither been vaccinated nor had had the original virus will be at risk of getting seriously ill or dying. And yes it is hitting a younger age group.

Georgia is at something like 30% vaccinated and I'm sure there are pockets of the country that are worse.
[Reply]
2112 05:17 AM 05-29-2021
I had COVID last October and now have both Pfizer shots in my arm. Supposedly I now have super human immunity. Kewl

And thank god as of yesterday no more fucking mask wearing.
[Reply]
Doctor Fauci 06:37 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I had COVID last October and now have both Pfizer shots in my arm. Supposedly I now have super human immunity. Kewl

And thank god as of yesterday no more ****ing mask wearing.
Per CDC guidelines, you need to wait a full 2 weeks after receiving your second shot before you are considered fully protected.

Please continue masking until then.

Thank you.
[Reply]
NotDonger 07:19 PM 05-29-2021
Originally Posted by Doctor Fauci:
Per CDC guidelines, you need to wait a full 2 weeks after receiving your second shot before you are considered fully protected.

Please continue masking until then.

Thank you.
Good to have you posting here, Doctor Fauci. Welcome.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not what the science is pointing towards, but you go with that.
https://twitter.com/neoavatara/statu...602352133?s=21

There’s some reading for you if interested
[Reply]
Monticore 09:08 AM 05-31-2021
I have been seeing an increased number of patients coming in for axillary and supraclavicular lymphadenopathy post vaccinations , it is not something I normally see during flu shot season, if the body is reacting this much to the imposter you can see how the a dose of the real could kick your immune system in the teeth, or maybe these new vaccine are just more effective at getting an immune response making them more efficient and protecting you .
[Reply]
Doctor Fauci 09:14 AM 05-31-2021
Case numbers yesterday were minuscule. So were deaths.
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:30 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by Doctor Fauci:
Case numbers yesterday were minuscule. So were deaths.
Yes, but only 29 states reported cases, and only 16 reported deaths. Weekend lag, plus Memorial Day. It'll probably be Wednesday until things are clearer.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:47 AM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Cause fuck old people. Amirite?
More Fish "logic"...great what a fucking treat
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 AM 05-31-2021
Inject into the cock, so I don't have to read about "ehr mah gawd get shots in err arms" anymore
[Reply]
Page 3508 of 3903
« First < 2508300834083458349835043505350635073508 3509351035113512351835583608 > Last »
Up