ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3460 of 3903
« First < 2460296033603410345034563457345834593460 3461346234633464347035103560 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 01:09 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I did but more in the sense that we are nearing the end of this shit , I just want to go back to normal and I think vaccines are going to get us there faster.
Yeah, exact same here. It just felt like a huge step in the right direction.
[Reply]
TLO 01:48 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Was informed by my doctor this morning I need to wait another 4 weeks or so before getting the vaccine due to some current medication that I'm taking, which might lower the efficacy of the vaccine...sigh..
What medication if I may ask?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:02 PM 03-05-2021
The CDC confirms what most people with common sense knew. Mask mandates help but it's a very very small difference. Around 1 percent in regards to cases and deaths.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/cdc-...nd-deaths.html
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:40 PM 03-05-2021
Trip report from the LA Forum: In and out in like 25 minutes including the 15 they make you wait after, never got out of the car. Very impressed with the whole system - they could scale that up to just about any level - just need a parking lot, some attendants and some nurses. The covid testing part of the parking lot had like 3 cars waiting. The attendants were throwing the football around. So that’s a ton more space right there.

One reason it moved so well is they basically check nothing except your driver’s license. They never scanned my QR code to make sure I had an appt. The woman who checked me in saw my university employer card and commented on it. But I don’t think she was going to check. I’m fairly convinced anyone could just drive up, say they have an appt and they work in Education and Childcare, and get a shot. Which isn’t a bad thing imo - just get people through as fast as possible.

No symptoms so far. I had good luck getting appts between 4am and 6am for anyone in LA.

[Reply]
2112 02:43 PM 03-05-2021
I got tested for antibodies this week and was told I am very high lol and that’s a good thing. I’m going to wait for the J&J shot.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:45 PM 03-05-2021
Moderna started their phase 1 on a new vaccine that targets the South African variant a bit better (or so they believe)
[Reply]
jdubya 07:46 PM 03-05-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Trip report from the LA Forum: In and out in like 25 minutes including the 15 they make you wait after, never got out of the car. Very impressed with the whole system - they could scale that up to just about any level - just need a parking lot, some attendants and some nurses. The covid testing part of the parking lot had like 3 cars waiting. The attendants were throwing the football around. So that’s a ton more space right there.

One reason it moved so well is they basically check nothing except your driver’s license. They never scanned my QR code to make sure I had an appt. The woman who checked me in saw my university employer card and commented on it. But I don’t think she was going to check. I’m fairly convinced anyone could just drive up, say they have an appt and they work in Education and Childcare, and get a shot. Which isn’t a bad thing imo - just get people through as fast as possible.

No symptoms so far. I had good luck getting appts between 4am and 6am for anyone in LA.

Hearing the same at the Oakland Coliseum.....very fast and efficient.
[Reply]
2112 06:36 AM 03-06-2021
So I found out something interesting yesterday. It’s starting to get easier to get the vaccine if you take it upon yourself to keep digging rather than signing up on your states website and waiting to hear back from them.

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

CVS had an opening yesterday morning right by my house had I wanted. My friend and his wife got their first shots and no questions asked. It’s a shame that the elderly are waiting to here back from local government (depending on your state, mine is a shit show)
[Reply]
Monticore 08:50 AM 03-06-2021
24 hrs post injection, still slight bruised feeling at injection site , was a bit more noticeable last night but it's back to what It was right after injection . Some of the girls at work mentioned feeling somewhat itchy but overall shoulder tenderness is the main symptom.

all the LTC homes in town were vaccinated few weeks ago haven't heard any major issues .

My wife mentioned last night she has seen a quite noticeable drop in a variety of illnesses this year due to lockdown/masks etc, Mono, strep, COPD exacerbations, influenza , pneumonias, coughs, colds. I don't remember the last time I saw a coughing infant or toddler come into work for a chest x-ray.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:04 AM 03-06-2021
24 hrs post injection, still slight bruised feeling at injection site , was a bit more noticeable last night but it's back to what It was right after injection . Some of the girls at work mentioned feeling somewhat itchy but overall shoulder tenderness is the main symptom.

all the LTC homes in town were vaccinated few weeks ago haven't heard any major issues .

My wife mentioned last night she has seen a quite noticeable drop in a variety of illnesses this year due to lockdown/masks etc, Mono, strep, COPD exacerbations, influenza , pneumonias, coughs, colds. I don't remember the last time I saw a coughing infant or toddler come into work for a chest x-ray.
Yeah, say what you want about the masks, but no one in my family has so much as had a cold since last summer, and we’ve got a toddler in daycare - the ultimate Petri dish. Last year, we had him in the doc 3-4 times for various illnesses, and were sick several times ourselves. NOTHING this year.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:30 AM 03-06-2021
Sounds like some of you better wear masks the rest of your life, counting on a piece of cloth, as opposed to your immune system.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:42 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Sounds like some of you better wear masks the rest of your life, counting on a piece of cloth, as opposed to your immune system.
Don't you worry about science and medicine your bible will save you if you get sick.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:40 AM 03-06-2021
Don't you worry about science and medicine your bible will save you if you get sick.
My Bible has already saved me, but your continued bigotry is noted and dismissed.
[Reply]
loochy 11:47 AM 03-06-2021

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:53 AM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Yeah, say what you want about the masks, but no one in my family has so much as had a cold since last summer, and we’ve got a toddler in daycare - the ultimate Petri dish. Last year, we had him in the doc 3-4 times for various illnesses, and were sick several times ourselves. NOTHING this year.
Doesn't mean you haven't been exposed to "garden variety" cold or influenza viruses.

EDIT: Just noticed that rt.live which was tracking the effective r-number of coronavirus has been nuked.
[Reply]
Page 3460 of 3903
« First < 2460296033603410345034563457345834593460 3461346234633464347035103560 > Last »
Up