ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

dirk digler 11:59 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can understand why some people would derive some type of pleasure from this information but to me, it graphically illustrates the danger of posting such incredibe hate and the truly despicable idea this is a country of Democrats versus Republican when in fact, we're ALL Americans and should celebrate America, not attempt to burn it all down.

It should also be a warning to those that are openly advocating the murder of government officials in this forum that these types of posts and ideas have serious detrimental consequences to your life, job, income and future.

You can't help to change the world from a Federal prison cell.
I actually get along with ReeRun but I have no sympathy for what he did. I use to be in LE and we would always laugh at all the idiotic things people would do and get busted for. So admittedly I find it hard to empathize with certain people when they do really stupid things.

But overall I agree with your post.
DaneMcCloud 12:05 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd be interested in the info you have on existing CP members who went out and recruited these people you mention. . . .

Maybe you don't know suzzer's saga, but that's exactly what he did, went out and recruited people with no football interest and plenty of political passion to come here and do battle, and they're quite active to this moment.
Bill Parcells/Dimension 2112/2112, a guy I really, really like and have had many great personal PM's over the years, recruited Shtsprayer to the DC.
Marcellus 12:50 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If you don't like DC, there's a very simple and effective way of avoiding it that doesn't include getting rid of it... all your idea is gonna get you is more politics spilling into the lounge
Yea the irony of some of these people thinking the DC forum is an actual issue.

Hell the main lounge from probably 2009-2012 was rougher than DC is now.
Hoopsdoc 12:52 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
NinerDoug seems like a decent, thoughtful liberal who has learned to mix it up like a regular. I doubt that he’s a problem in the Lounge. He came here for an NFL reason and he made some friends so he stuck around. It’s a community thing. In fact, just the other day he offered to meet me for a beer if I ever make it out to Los Angeles where my daughter is in vet school.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the answers.
I came here for the colts playoff game. I stayed because I like the people here.

I post both in DC and the lounge. When I post in the lounge, it’s generally about Colts related stuff that is already being discussed or non football topics.

I’m not seeing a compelling reason to do away with DCHL. And no, a few posters with the red ass is not a good reason.
BigRedChief 01:03 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You're just desperate to be in charge of something around here, aren't you? :-)
that was circa 2007? I think.
Not a chance nowadays. I’ve got Arrowhead South expanding into Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina this year. I already deal with too many assholes not following the rules.
Marcellus 01:07 PM 10-09-2020
Really? So the only way you can understand or acknowledge racism is if someone uses the "N" word?

No wonder that forum has spun out of control.
Says the guy who just this week called Whitlock an Uncle Tom :-)

In the main lounge no less.
Taco John 01:08 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) I like Taco but this is no joke. That boy is one loony conspiracy theory after another, each one more batshit crazy than the last.
Heh. If only.

We live in a world of lies layered upon lies, and everybody is a conspiracy theorist now. Whether you believe in Russia hoaxes, or question the media's bias. The only difference is that I'm way ahead of the curve. I'm so far ahead of the curve that I've actually passed an information veil that most people are still blinded by. Sort of like the Truman Show. I'm on the other side of the dome, looking in, and saying, "guys, we're in a dome, come look."

As far as I can tell, it is inevitable that society is going to cross this veil. The Bible calls it the apocalypse:

There's nothing that I post about that I can't back up with facts. From there, it's just a matter of what people's cognitive dissonance allows them to accept or reject. Some people are ready to accept truth. Some prefer the comforts of the lies. My life isn't invested in the lies of this world and I'm confident enough in myself to not care if people on the Internet like me or not for believing things that they don't.

By the way, it's a bad idea to get rid of the DC forum. The whole reason they exist is because if they didn't, politics infects the day to day topics. Which, as you can see from this thread, is already happening. That phenomenon only gets worse if you eliminate the outlet. If you want to turn this forum into a war zone between people with political opinions and moderators trying to keep politics off the forum, the best way to accomplish that is to eliminate the acceptable outlet for discussion.
patteeu 01:08 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Says the guy who just this week called Whitlock an Uncle Tom :-)

In the main lounge no less.
Wow. That guy has no self awareness.
BigRichard 01:08 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Fuck you Donger! :-)
vailpass 01:12 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Heh. If only.

We live in a world of lies layered upon lies, and everybody is a conspiracy theorist now. Whether you believe in Russia hoaxes, or question the media's bias. The only difference is that I'm way ahead of the curve. I'm so far ahead of the curve that I've actually passed an information veil that most people are still blinded by. Sort of like the Truman Show. I'm on the other side of the dome, looking in, and saying, "guys, we're in a dome, come look."

As far as I can tell, it is inevitable that society is going to cross this veil. The Bible calls it the apocalypse:

There's nothing that I post about that I can't back up with facts. From there, it's just a matter of what people's cognitive dissonance allows them to accept or reject. Some people are ready to accept truth. Some prefer the comforts of the lies. My life isn't invested in the lies of this world and I'm confident enough in myself to not care if people on the Internet like me or not for believing things that they don't.

By the way, it's a bad idea to get rid of the DC forum. The whole reason they exist is because if they didn't, politics infects the day to day topics. Which, as you can see from this thread, is already happening. That phenomenon only gets worse if you eliminate the outlet. If you want to turn this forum into a war zone between people with political opinions and moderators trying to keep politics off the forum, the best way to accomplish that is to eliminate the acceptable outlet for discussion.
Bro, you're old school and I like you. But you are the conspiracy king.
OnTheWarpath15 01:13 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Heh. If only.

Bearcat 01:14 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea the irony of some of these people thinking the DC forum is an actual issue.

Hell the main lounge from probably 2009-2012 was rougher than DC is now.
The vast majority of reported posts are from DC.
There's more potential for real life crossover/issues (and there has been) due to the lack of moderation and general lack of civility.
There's clearly animosity that leaks into other forums, which rules out the whole "just stay out of DC", plus all of the political junk in other forums.

Saying DC is a big problem doesn't automatically mean the Lounge is perfect or close to it.... but, even a shithole football forum is still a football forum.
Marcellus 01:16 PM 10-09-2020
I have a disagree a bit here, Dude. While some people, such as yourself, may use the DC forum to blow off steam, many others post in that forum because that's exactly what they think and feel about others, regardless of whether or not it's in this forum on in "the real world".

I've seen people in there pile on someone for linking to CNN or CBS News and just get pulverized for even doing something so "vile" and "false".
Ok I'm going back through this thread and really laughing my ass off because Dane literally does 90% of the things he is complaining about in this thread.

In the Whitlock/LeBron thread he got pissed and bashed me over a Nate Silver story and told me to get out of there with Fox News linked bullshit :-)
Taco John 01:18 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Bro, you're old school and I like you. But you are the conspiracy king.
I aint mad atcha. I'm good with who I am and accept that most people will find me to be a raving lunatic... until they don't.
GloryDayz 01:20 PM 10-09-2020
Let's face it, there's a divide and too many aren't able to put aside their political banter when the thread they're in isn't political. Take how political rivals interact in the Space tread. That's how it should be. We can have our differences in the DC, that's America, but when outside of the DC, people need to let it go.

As for threads that get started in the lounge that aren't about sports (even though "sports" are very political these days), I would be in favor of moving those very quickly. So if it's not about cleats in the turf (like the Whitlock topics tend to be anymore), it shouldn't be in the lounge.

JMO. And I'm more than willing to help in any way that I can.
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Up