ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

scho63 11:23 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
They should just change the name of the DC Lounge to "The Klan Rally" and be done with it.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
suzzer99 11:24 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
For the record, I have two forums I frequent: this one, and a hockey message board.

The hockey board completely bans all political topics. This has been a ****ing godsend in a time like this, IMO. And I’m not a person who just avoids politics; I’m very active in discussions like that. But when I visit my hockey message board, or football message board, I just want these type of discussions to go away. I can’t spend 24/7 thinking about the shit thats happening in this country right now; it’s draining, and tiresome. A place like this is supposed to be an escape from all that. And in the past, even though a lot of y’all are on the opposite end of the spectrum as I am, I’ve been able to completely avoid stuff like that for the most part, and just mingle as a fellow Chiefs fan. It’s getting harder and harder though, as I said, and it sucks because I truly love this forum, especially since I live on the east coast and don’t have any actual Chiefs fan friendship. Hell, I barely know anyone who watches any football, let alone to the level I do.

I know, different forums, different philosophies, different circumstances, etc. And I get that this is something that was borne a long time ago. But I think it may be time to come up with some sort of solution or compromise, because I know I’m not the only person who feels this way.

That’s just my two cents. I know I’m a relative n00b on this forum but like I said I love being here and hate wanting to distance myself. Trying to post in the Chiefs subreddit just depressed the **** out of me because this place is so much better, warts and all.
I'll never forget the day I discovered the DC forum on this site. I think I'd been posting here for a year at least. I was like - oh no, I'm going to get sucked into this aren't I?

I thank stevieray for winning the bet ban, which I welched on for a while - no excuses - but finally honored. My life has been much better w/o getting sucked into that vortex of shit.
suzzer99 11:26 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Can you come up with examples of people who share your political views?

Taco has a long history with this board, including the football side. He’s not uncivil like so many others around here. I don’t believe he posts politics in the Lounge. He's interesting and entertaining.
Interesting and entertaining like watching a completely batshit crazy person go nuts on the street corner.
gblowfish 11:28 AM 10-09-2020
I would be OK with just deleting the DC forum. Not sure how it serves any purpose to Chiefs fans other than a big cage to throw feces at one another.
BigCatDaddy 11:31 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I would be OK with just deleting the DC forum. Not sure how it serves any purpose to Chiefs fans other than a big cage to throw feces at one another.
You have some real hot takes in there as well.
Raiderhater 11:34 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'll never forget the day I discovered the DC forum on this site. I think I'd been posting here for a year at least. I was like - oh no, I'm going to get sucked into this aren't I?

I thank stevieray for winning the bet ban, which I welched on for a while - no excuses - but finally honored. My life has been much better w/o getting sucked into that vortex of shit.
Sadly, the bet didn’t occur before you recruited fellow liberals from other boards to further douche up the place. Dick.
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The one good thing that came out of this thread is that we all learned about ReeRun getting busted.
I can understand why some people would derive some type of pleasure from this information but to me, it graphically illustrates the danger of posting such incredibe hate and the truly despicable idea this is a country of Democrats versus Republican when in fact, we're ALL Americans and should celebrate America, not attempt to burn it all down.

It should also be a warning to those that are openly advocating the murder of government officials in this forum that these types of posts and ideas have serious detrimental consequences to your life, job, income and future.

You can't help to change the world from a Federal prison cell.
DaneMcCloud 11:38 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Sadly, the bet didn’t occur before you recruited fellow liberals from other boards to further douche up the place. Dick.
You must be joking.

Some of the most egregious, racist, homophobic and hateful posts in that forum are from people completely disassociated with the Chiefs, yet have been posting their vitriolic rhetoric for the better part of two decades.

This shit ain't one-sided and you're acting the fool by spewing that kind of garbage.

Not to mention that fact that Taco John might be clinically insane. That guy is well-beyond the moniker of "Conspiracy Theorist".

He lives in an alternate reality of his own making, yet is allowed to spew complete NONSENSE for decades.
gblowfish 11:38 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You have some real hot takes in there as well.
Thanks for the compliment, but I can live without it.
GloryDayz 11:42 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can understand why some people would derive some type of pleasure from this information but to me, it graphically illustrates the danger of posting such incredibe hate and the truly despicable idea this is a country of Democrats versus Republican when in fact, we're ALL Americans and should celebrate America, not attempt to burn it all down.

It should also be a warning to those that are openly advocating the murder of old people in this forum that these types of posts and ideas have serious detrimental consequences to your life, job, income and future.

You can't help to change the world from a Federal prison cell.
Made a slight adjustment to your post (I hope you don't mind) in hopes that it casts a wider net of people advocating for the death of people, US Government officials or otherwise.
dirk digler 11:42 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
So you agree with me that non Chief fans that come to only post in DC shouldn't be allowed to.
vailpass 11:48 AM 10-09-2020
I've had you on ignore forever so I don't see this shit unless someone replies. I didn't even know anything about reerun that post until right now.

Go **** yourself sideways you closeted self-hating homosexual worthless piece of human garbage. Go write some more extremely specific homoerotic fan fiction.

How is rerun still spraying vomit all over the lounge after this btw?
I don't blame you for being irate at being named with absolutely no evidence.

Separate note:
You have recruited several of the DC-only, non-football fan, posters that have been mentioned in this thread. You told them about the DC site and invited them here just for DC. You are part of the problem and it would seem you'd want to cease that recruitment behavior if you are truly interested in helping.
Baby Lee 11:48 AM 10-09-2020
You must be joking.

Some of the most egregious, racist, homophobic and hateful posts in that forum are from people completely disassociated with the Chiefs, yet have been posting their vitriolic rhetoric for the better part of two decades.

This shit ain't one-sided and you're acting the fool by spewing that kind of garbage.

Not to mention that fact that Taco John might be clinically insane. That guy is well-beyond the moniker of "Conspiracy Theorist".

He lives in an alternate reality of his own making, yet is allowed to spew complete NONSENSE for decades.
I'd be interested in the info you have on existing CP members who went out and recruited these people you mention. . . .

Maybe you don't know suzzer's saga, but that's exactly what he did, went out and recruited people with no football interest and plenty of political passion to come here and do battle, and they're quite active to this moment.
patteeu 11:49 AM 10-09-2020
Interesting and entertaining like watching a completely batshit crazy person go nuts on the street corner.
I liked having you in DC for similar reasons. You added an interesting personality. And I didn’t mind that you recruited some other poker board guys to come over. The more the merrier, I say. I don’t like “leave forever” bets, but if it’s working for you, that’s great.
vailpass 11:57 AM 10-09-2020
You must be joking.

:-) I like Taco but this is no joke. That boy is one loony conspiracy theory after another, each one more batshit crazy than the last.
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Up