ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 57
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

OnTheWarpath15 10:32 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There aren't 10K active members here. It's a lot smaller than you think, more like 250-300 maybe less.

40 people is a lot. Furthermore, I never said anything about allowing them to rule the roost.

I said no matter what decision a mod makes, somebody is going to be mad at them. Doesn't mean the mod has to let them win but it's still trying and taxing to have that many people acting like children because they didn't get their way.
30 of 300 is still 10%.

And we’re gonna let that 10% drive decisions that impact the other 90%?

Just end it. It was time 10 years ago, it’s certainly time now.
OnTheWarpath15 10:33 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You aren't the only one that feels that way because I do.

I don't find it hard to see or talks politics in everything like others do. I can watch the NBA and not be outraged or offended. Same thing with the NFL. I don't get it but certain people seem to want to be outraged 24x7.
Bingo
OnTheWarpath15 10:34 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
MU is not a choice at this point unfortunately, it went away. Forced Lurkers however, is still in place, but I've only used that once. Pretty much the choices are getting romper treatment, or getting banned.
Sounds like two solid choices to me...
srvy 10:34 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I agree, except the problem isn’t necessarily non-Chiefs fans. Wanna post in DC? You’re stuck there.

It’s a football board. Decide why you’re here and stick with it.
Thats fine during the season and about draft time other than that its dead here. DC offers a reason to post and see if there is anything worth following in the lounge.
Bwana 10:35 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is why that thread needed to be booted to DC or Romper Room where it belonged. It was going to be politically charged, even a dead man could have seen it.

Of course, but when it was started, there were still a lot of unknowns and a lot of people were freaked out. I know a lot of people wanted to keep it front and center in the Lounge. It was obvious that it would be politically charged, but there was also a warning in the header about it. A lot of people got shit canned from that thread because they couldn't control themselves.
patteeu 10:35 PM 10-08-2020
30 of 300 is still 10%.

You still haven’t explained how this would improve things and why there isn’t a less drastic fix to your perceived problem.
htismaqe 10:37 PM 10-08-2020
30 of 300 is still 10%.

Again, I never said ANYTHING about letting 30 people "drive" anything.

All I'm saying is that if they were to say, hypothetically nuke DC, there's going to be a large segment of people, including people that don't even use DC, that are going to be upset.

And if they don't nuke DC, there's going to be large segment of people, including people that don't even use DC, that are going to be upset.

It's going to result in extra work for the mods no matter what they do because every argument has two sides. Settling an argument will always be seen as either a win or a loss depending on which side you're on.
Coach 10:40 PM 10-08-2020
There aren't 10K active members here. It's a lot smaller than you think, more like 250-300 maybe less.

40 people is a lot. Furthermore, I never said anything about allowing them to rule the roost.

I said no matter what decision a mod makes, somebody is going to be mad at them. Doesn't mean the mod has to let them win but it's still trying and taxing to have that many people acting like children because they didn't get their way.

Okay, so if there is 40 out of 250 people as you mentioned, that's 16% of the total.

If there is 40 out of 300, that's 13%.

Is 13-16% that significant to the overall picture?

That being said, I have to imagine that in 2000, there probably wasn't very many politics message boards back then. Now I'm sure there's plenty of them that they can participate, since obviously some of them don't even talk Chiefs or sports in general.

There has been some members (not going to name names) that originally was a frequent user on the Lounge and not at DC, but now it's completely the other way around.

Edited: I see you responded to OTWP15's comment. Disregard.
patteeu 10:40 PM 10-08-2020
You aren't the only one that feels that way because I do.

I don't find it hard to see or talks politics in everything like others do. I can watch the NBA and not be outraged or offended. Same thing with the NFL. I don't get it but certain people seem to want to be outraged 24x7.
Would you have the same level of comfort if pro sports teams played a tribute to Donald Trump before each game and maybe decorated their fields/courts with pro-life or gun freedom messages?
Raiderhater 10:41 PM 10-08-2020
And for the record, the "spirit of the board" when it was first conceived was "we're not the Star board".

The anything goes model wasn't a rule, it was just something that happened with organic growth.

Kyle never intended for CP to become what it is. We never could have dreamed it would become as popular as it is now.

Those early days most likely weren't sustainable, so while I understand your lament for those early days gone by, the board was always going to change when this many people gather in one place.
Not singling you out with my responses, just feeding off of what is put out there...

At some point Kyle is going to have step in publicly and tell us what he ultimately decides for this place. I realize that gets a bit touchy because people have donated money to improve and keep the place running. Hell, I donated back in the day, it’s been on my mind to donate again, it’s just one thing after another keeps coming up (financially, nothing to do with this place). But, at the end of the day it is his baby and he is going to have to step in on this matter, publicly, he very well may have to the mod team in private but, if so, some public backing wouldn’t hurt them.

And I don’t view the mods as lost or with any kind of agenda (personal biases will always be a factor, it’s how you choose to handle them in your given roles), I just think an official position from the owner of the board would them, and everyone some good. Then we know. Then we can decide if we want to co to us to participate here or not (not a threat on my part, I’m speaking generally).
dirk digler 10:41 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Most of the non chief fan exclusives to DC are pure shit posters.

Its addition by subtraction.
True. Like Taco John. He has own crappy board that is dying so he should go post his fantasies over there.
patteeu 10:47 PM 10-08-2020
True. Like Taco John. He has own crappy board that is dying so he should go post his fantasies over there.
Can you come up with examples of people who share your political views?

Taco has a long history with this board, including the football side. He’s not uncivil like so many others around here. I don’t believe he posts politics in the Lounge. He's interesting and entertaining.
dirk digler 10:50 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Like who? And just for fun, choose your example from the members who generally agree with you politically.
NinerDoug. Came here because he loved Alex Smith and stayed here to live in DC. I see we have other niner fans that only post in DC.but why?

Hey I think today I will go join a Dolphins board just so I can talk politics. Who does that?

Originally Posted by patteeu:
Would you have the same level of comfort if pro sports teams played a tribute to Donald Trump before each game and maybe decorated their fields/courts with pro-life or gun freedom messages?
Honestly Pat I wouldn't give a shit I just want to watch sports. Once the whistle blows none of that shit matters and it is all background noise.
srvy 10:52 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Of course, but when it was started, there were still a lot of unknowns and a lot of people were freaked out. I know a lot of people wanted to keep it front and center in the Lounge. It was obvious that it would be politically charged, but there was also a warning in the header about it. A lot of people got shit canned from that thread because they couldn't control themselves.
But honestly, it seemed like bait.
patteeu 10:56 PM 10-08-2020
NinerDoug. Came here because he loved Alex Smith and stayed here to live in DC. I see we have other niner fans that only post in DC.but why?

Hey I think today I will go join a Dolphins board just so I can talk politics. Who does that?
NinerDoug seems like a decent, thoughtful liberal who has learned to mix it up like a regular. I doubt that he’s a problem in the Lounge. He came here for an NFL reason and he made some friends so he stuck around. It’s a community thing. In fact, just the other day he offered to meet me for a beer if I ever make it out to Los Angeles where my daughter is in vet school.

Honestly Pat I wouldn't give a shit I just want to watch sports. Once the whistle blows none of that shit matters and it is all background noise.
Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the answers.
Page 47 of 57
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up