ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

patteeu 08:41 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There has been a rise in political comments in non political threads in the lounge that get swerved. 99% of these political comments inside a thread in the lounge are started from Trump supporters trying to get a rise out of the woke, virtue signaling snowflakes.And then the other side takes the bait. And we have politics in the lounge, in threads that are in no way political.
The political antagonists in the sports world are almost all from the left these days. Reactions primarily from the right are to be expected.

Also, although I think you’re a great guy, I question your objectivity on this topic.
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:52 AM 07-19-2019
:-)

"Or if you do, please make sure your comments lean left as to not offend my delicate sensibilities".

Don't even bother, I'll show MYSELF out.
Fish 09:32 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
LOL... FYI bud, that's an actual vagina that's been photoshopped onto a tree.
MahiMike 09:37 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Ah the 'ol Pussy Willow.
J Diddy 09:46 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The political antagonists in the sports world are almost all from the left these days. Reactions primarily from the right are to be expected.

Also, although I think you’re a great guy, I question your objectivity on this topic.
Is this what the conversation has devolved to?

“But he started it, mom!”
keg in kc 10:20 AM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:

Yeah, pretty much. Politics is now a bunch of 5 year olds screaming at each other.
Baby Lee 10:38 AM 07-19-2019

What alternative would you suggest.

A faction of the left has taken the mantra that the personal is the political.
They reason that you progress politically by politicizing every aspect of life.
If you want to rouse the disconnected, point out the political aspects of the things they are connected with.
Is TV racist?
Is sports sexist?
Is the food you eat bigoted?
Is your footwear exploitative?
Is your air conditioning gendered?
etc. etc.

Smartly, for them. They present it as mere 'food for thought.' But it's intended as rhetoric to be consumed without thinking. Therefore if anyone points out the flaws in the reasoning, the sparks start flying and everyone THEN starts complaining about politicization.
I'm all for autonomy, let people make their own decisions about what is best for them. But if there is an effort to bind personal decisions up in political rhetoric, I'm going to be there with a critical eye.
In those cases, it is eminently relevant 'who started it.' Those who DIDN'T start it, aren't the ones lecturing you on your personal decisions, yet they get painted as the politicizers when they push back on people who are.
patteeu 10:50 AM 07-19-2019

I don’t understand your question or what it has to do with me.
RetiredSeniorChief 12:06 PM 07-19-2019
"Political" needs to be defined.

Is "God Bless America" a political statement? For example: Tyreek Hill will not be suspended! God Bless America that the principal of due process still exists or else he would have been banished from the NFL solely on the howling and gnashing of teeth by the hyenas in the "woke media".
loochy 12:08 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:

Is "God Bless America" a political statement? For example: Tyreek Hill will not be suspended! God Bless America that the principal of due process still exists or else he would have been banished from the NFL solely on the howling and gnashing of teeth by the hyenas in the "woke media".
That depends. Is it something that someone wants to bitch about? If so, yes.
ptlyon 12:10 PM 07-19-2019
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:

I think we all know by now that God Bless America isn't political, it's racist.
Bwana 09:37 PM 11-11-2019
I'm bumping this again because there are still a few people that are not connecting the dots. Repeat offenders are going to get dropped into the romper room for an extended visit with Ubeja Vontell. Keep the DC bullshit in DC.
Jewish Rabbi 09:42 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm bumping this again because there are still a few people that are not connecting the dots. Repeat offenders are going to get dropped into the romper room for an extended visit with Ubeja Vontell. Keep the DC bullshit in DC.
Can we discuss the Washington Nationals in The Lounge or no
Chiefshrink 09:44 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What alternative would you suggest.

A faction of the left has taken the mantra that the personal is the political.
They reason that you progress politically by politicizing every aspect of life.
If you want to rouse the disconnected, point out the political aspects of the things they are connected with.
Is TV racist?
Is sports sexist?
Is the food you eat bigoted?
Is your footwear exploitative?
Is your air conditioning gendered?
etc. etc.

Smartly, for them. They present it as mere 'food for thought.' But it's intended as rhetoric to be consumed without thinking. Therefore if anyone points out the flaws in the reasoning, the sparks start flying and everyone THEN starts complaining about politicization.
I'm all for autonomy, let people make their own decisions about what is best for them. But if there is an effort to bind personal decisions up in political rhetoric, I'm going to be there with a critical eye.
In those cases, it is eminently relevant 'who started it.' Those who DIDN'T start it, aren't the ones lecturing you on your personal decisions, yet they get painted as the politicizers when they push back on people who are.
:-):-):-):-):-)
Bwana 09:57 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Can we discuss the Washington Nationals in The Lounge or no
I don't see why not, as long as it doesn't turn into some kind of a political cluster fuck.
Page 15 of 57
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up