ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1041 of 2687
« First < 41541941991103110371038103910401041 104210431044104510511091114115412041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 06:59 PM 09-20-2018
https://twitter.com/latimesfarmer/st...002090498?s=21
[Reply]
Priest31kc 07:10 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah that's some high praise. Wow
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:25 PM 09-20-2018

I think he has a photographic memory.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:30 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Shag:
Why was it insane? Bieniemy had never held an NFL coaching position other than RB coach, and the team was coming off a season where Reid gave up playcalling midseason. His stint as OC at Colorado wasn't exactly successful. It was 100% fair to have concerns about his ability to step up into that role.

I love Bieniemy as OC.

He is a hardass who demands perfection & I know when the Chiefs have a lead late in the game that he will be pushing to run the ball. He’s a perfect balance for Andy.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:30 PM 09-20-2018
Tyrod is bad.

Doh wrong thread, but it's true
[Reply]
FAX 07:40 PM 09-20-2018
Interesting take, for sure.

But what about the talking nogs and their "but he's all arm" and their "but it's Wally's system" and their "but it's the skill players around him" analyses?

FAX
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:43 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll articulate exactly why.

Bienemy is a RB. Was a RB coach. Comes from a running background.

We have a brand new stud QB and an aerial HC playing in a pass-happy league. My concern was simply that I wasn't sure that Bienemy had ever shown the development in the passing game that would allow him to mesh well with Reid.

It wasn't that he couldn't eventually learn it - just that he hadn't shown it. I was never convinced he would fail; in fact I thought he might be a bit of a Ying to Andy's Yang whenever Reid got too pass-happy. But I had apprehension that we'd see an immediate vanilla turn while he got more familiar with the sort of spread/WCO concepts that came so naturally to Pederson and Nagy because they were former QBs who'd spent a fair amount of time working on the air attack with Reid.

It's far from insane. Blind faith that he'd hit the ground running would've been more foolhardy to me.

But to this point it's looked like an excellent marriage to be sure.
i suppose Pederson and Nagy similarly had difficult times understanding how to effectively integrate the run game into the scheme.
[Reply]
O.city 07:45 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Interesting take, for sure.

But what about the talking nogs and their "but he's all arm" and their "but it's Wally's system" and their "but it's the skill players around him" analyses?

FAX
When Arians and Andy and Sean Payton wanted pat that was all you needed to onow
[Reply]
staylor26 07:51 PM 09-20-2018
When Arians and Andy and Sean Payton wanted pat that was all you needed to onow
Exactly
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:51 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I think he has a photographic memory.
Yep, seems that way.

This kid has all the physical tools you could ever want and now it seems clear that he also has the mental side in his corner. He looked like a 8-year pro out there, making checks and reading the defense.

Add it all up and that’s why I think he’s gonna be unbelievably great. Add Andy and his weapons for this season and it’s easy to see how he may put up video game numbers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:53 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yep, seems that way.

This kid has all the physical tools you could ever want and now it seems clear that he also has the mental side in his corner. He looked like a 8-year pro out there, making checks and reading the defense.

Add it all up and that’s why I think he’s gonna be unbelievably great. Add Andy and his weapons for this season and it’s easy to see how he may put up video game numbers.
how does a guy like that NOT go 1.1 or 1.2, at the worst? Not that I’m complaining at all...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:58 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
how does a guy like that NOT go 1.1 or 1.2, at the worst? Not that I’m complaining at all...
Honestly think it was the Texas Tech/Big 12 stigma. Also, there were concerns that he couldn't play within a structured offense. Probably didn't help that at the time Goff, another air raid QB, appeared to be a bust.

I don't get it either, though. If you saw the kid in your pre-draft meetings and he blew you away on top of his insane physical gifts... hard to pass on.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:58 PM 09-20-2018
You can thank two people for it.

1. Kliff Kingsbury for not giving Pat any semblance of defense at Tech. "Not a winner" bunch of bullshit.

2. Jared Goff was drafted #1 from the Air Raid in 2016 and he sucked big time as a rookie. April 2017 seemed like a bad time to pick another Air Raid QB in the Top 5.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:00 PM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll articulate exactly why.

Bienemy is a RB. Was a RB coach. Comes from a running background.

We have a brand new stud QB and an aerial HC playing in a pass-happy league. My concern was simply that I wasn't sure that Bienemy had ever shown the development in the passing game that would allow him to mesh well with Reid.

It wasn't that he couldn't eventually learn it - just that he hadn't shown it. I was never convinced he would fail; in fact I thought he might be a bit of a Ying to Andy's Yang whenever Reid got too pass-happy. But I had apprehension that we'd see an immediate vanilla turn while he got more familiar with the sort of spread/WCO concepts that came so naturally to Pederson and Nagy because they were former QBs who'd spent a fair amount of time working on the air attack with Reid.

It's far from insane. Blind faith that he'd hit the ground running would've been more foolhardy to me.

But to this point it's looked like an excellent marriage to be sure.
I'm pretty sure it was him on inside the NFL talking about how fun the game was at some point on Sunday. Sounded like andy Reid told him "it'll be fun when we put this thing away"
[Reply]
Coach 08:02 PM 09-20-2018
I think there were several factors into it. Some talking heads like to see a "W" on the stat sheet that would go along with the yards, TD's, and INT's. It's easy for them to be lazy and see that "13-16 record in three seasons at Texas Tech" would make them think that he didn't win enough games.

Unfortunately, they don't really "watch" the games like coaches do. I watched quite a few of Big XII games, and I know that Mahomes was definitely NFL QB material, because he has the QB size and the arm, and the legs. The only question was how he was on the mental side. I'd like to point out that it's not Mahomes fault that Texas Tech had a historic bad defense during his time.

And the 2017 NFL draft, in the top 9, I can only think (off of my head) one team that needed a QB, which was the Bears. They had Hoyer, Cutler, and Barkley as their QB's. So the top 9 teams were not QB needy teams, outside of Chicago.

And KC had enough ammo to move up to take Buffalo's spot. So you can say a little luck was involved in this as well.
[Reply]
Page 1041 of 2687
« First < 41541941991103110371038103910401041 104210431044104510511091114115412041 > Last »
Up