ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 382
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DrRyan 05:59 PM 12-17-2010
A friend of mine from San Diego has picked up as much Pliny the Elder that I could talk the store manager out of and it is on its way tomorrow. In the mean time I will have to enjoy either Chimay Grand Reserve or Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew this evening.
[Reply]
Shag 06:20 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
A friend of mine from San Diego has picked up as much Pliny the Elder that I could talk the store manager out of and it is on its way tomorrow. In the mean time I will have to enjoy either Chimay Grand Reserve or Dogfish Head's Bitches Brew this evening.
How ever will you survive? :-)
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 06:23 PM 12-17-2010
WOO HOOO!

For the first time in a long time, I have found some Delerium Tremens at the store! Haven't had this in years, but I remember it being delicious and it's like 9.0% abv.

also grabbed some blvd pale ale

It's gonna be a good night
[Reply]
ozarkchief 08:01 PM 12-17-2010
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout tonight. At 7% abv., it's too damn dark and tasty for its own good. I'm going to have to pace myself before this stuff kicks my arse in a royal fashion.

[Reply]
Reaper16 08:13 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by ozarkchief:
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout tonight. At 7% abv., it's too damn dark and tasty for its own good. I'm going to have to pace myself before this stuff kicks my arse in a royal fashion.

7% is nothing. I could drink the whole 4-pack and feel nothing, and I weigh only 145 lbs. That beer is super-impressive in how much flavor it delivers for such a low ABV% (for the style).
[Reply]
ozarkchief 08:44 PM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
7% is nothing. I could drink the whole 4-pack and feel nothing, and I weigh only 145 lbs. That beer is super-impressive in how much flavor it delivers for such a low ABV% (for the style).
Problem is, I'm knocking them down pretty quickly, and I have a liquor store located within easy walking distance. True about the flavor...it's a helluva beer for a cold night. Salutations and thanks to Samuel Smith.
[Reply]
Miles 09:01 PM 12-17-2010
Drinking a bomber of Dry Dock - Seven Seas double IPA. They are a pretty small local brewery that has been winning a good amount of awards lately. Two of the beer guys at one of my favorite stores said it was up there with Pliney and I was a little skeptical. Surprisingly their praise was not unwarranted but it is very slightly on the sweeter side.

Fortunately I also picked up a bottle of 3 week old Pliny to compare it to.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:31 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by phisherman:
The original Smokestack lineup included Saison, now replaced by Tank 7.
Finally tried this. Damn good!

I followed it up with a sixer of Blvd. Pilsner. A good night indeed. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 08:47 AM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Finally tried this. Damn good!

I followed it up with a sixer of Blvd. Pilsner. A good night indeed. :-)
So are you still brewing Bob? I kicked the USELESS flat top range to the curb and bought a nice duel fuel range. Gas on top, with an electric oven, the best of both worlds.

Bottom line, I knocked the dust off my equipment last week and I'm back in business. I cooked up a batch of my Belizean rum coffee last night and my four homemade brandies are now a year old, as of the 16th. It should be a season full of Holiday Cheer!
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 03:14 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Bwana:
So are you still brewing Bob? I kicked the USELESS flat top range to the curb and bought a nice duel fuel range. Gas on top, with an electric oven, the best of both worlds.

Bottom line, I knocked the dust off my equipment last week and I'm back in business. I cooked up a batch of my Belizean rum coffee last night and my four homemade brandies are now a year old, as of the 16th. It should be a season full of Holiday Cheer!
sounds like a fun hobby, I would like to learn how to do that. What would be the start up costs?
[Reply]
XXXshogunXXX 07:26 PM 12-18-2010

for those who know, this is striking gold.

Since it didnt ring up, I told them 9.99. Double gold
[Reply]
Bwana 07:35 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Chiefs Rool:
sounds like a fun hobby, I would like to learn how to do that. What would be the start up costs?
For beer, you could get a start for $125-$150. I would guess. With all the stainless steel 6 gallon posts and other crap, I have a solid $400 out there. You CAN make some kick ass beer though and any style you like. For the brandies, all you need is the ingredients and some gallon jugs.
[Reply]
Reaper16 08:37 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by XXXshogunXXX:

for those who know, this is striking gold.

Since it didnt ring up, I told them 9.99. Double gold
Fresh, new Sculpin six-packs. You can't see it, but I'm rubbing the tip of my penis to this picture.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:16 PM 12-21-2010
Picked up a 12 pack of Sam Adams Winter Lager at the grocery story today. I'm not a big Sam Adams fan, but I do like this beer and usually grab a 12 pack once or twice during the season.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:20 PM 12-21-2010
Would anyone that has access to Dogfish Head brews be willing to ship me some?

Closest place to me is 5.5 hours away.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 382
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up