ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 488
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
The Chargers are going to be a real pain in the ass this year.
They're always a PITA for us, even when they're not that good overall.
[Reply]
In58men 10:36 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Remember guys, Clay said we are getting Metcalf!!
:-)

Trading 1st round pick right?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:38 AM 03-14-2022

Panthers released A.J. Bouye.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 14, 2022

[Reply]
In58men 10:38 AM 03-14-2022
AJ Bouye released
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 AM 03-14-2022
Bengals, Chargers and Bills going to go all in with cheap years left on their QB contracts.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:38 AM 03-14-2022
Damn I forgot about we are getting Metcalf :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bengals, Chargers and Bills going to go all in with cheap years left on their QB contracts.
This is the Bills last year for Allen to be under $35 million. They'd better win something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 03-14-2022
I'd take Bouye at the right price although he's probably going to get more than he's worth given the CB market right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 03-14-2022
It's been pretty quiet when it comes to Ward.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:41 AM 03-14-2022
Bills aren't going to go all in. They will be conservative.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
As well they should.

While I hate burning one of Kelces last remaining premier seasons, the Chiefs may be wise to treat this season as a re-set and get back on the same 'team building' footing as those squads.

We've just been pushing awfully hard every year and when you spend that much time at/near the redline, things start to shake apart. We can either blow the motor or take a beat and have the thing serviced.

If ending up back in the pack WITH those teams (which, make no mistake, is still where we'd be even with nominal FA additions) helps us get back AHEAD of those teams by 2023, it's worth doing.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:43 AM 03-14-2022
What about Randy Gregory?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
As well they should.

While I hate burning one of Kelces last remaining premier seasons, the Chiefs may be wise to treat this season as a re-set and get back on the same 'team building' footing as those squads.

We've just been pushing awfully hard every year and when you spend that much time at/near the redline, things start to shake apart. We can either blow the motor or take a beat and have the thing serviced.

If ending up back in the pack WITH those teams (which, make no mistake, is still where we'd be even with nominal FA additions) helps us get back AHEAD of those teams by 2023, it's worth doing.
After the Russell Wilson and Khalil Mack trades happened....I just assumed that this was going to be the Chiefs down year. You can't be at the top forever, unless you're in a shit division, and eventually the other teams are going to catch up.

I don't see Veach making a ton of big moves at all. This team needs young, cost controlled talent and depth over everything else.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:44 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
As well they should.

No. You don't reset with Andy Reid at HC, Mahomes in his physical prime with Hill and Kelce. We will reset in 24 or 25 when Kelce is done.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM 03-14-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
No. You don't reset with Andy Reid at HC, Mahomes in his physical prime with Hill and Kelce. We will reset in 24 or 25 when Kelce is done.
The longer you wait to pull the chute, the closer to the ground you get.

And if you wait too long, that thud at the bottom's gonna leave a mark.

Maybe Veach can pull it off, but this is going to get harder and harder every single year if he keeps approaching it this way.

The last thing I want to see is a complete implosion that costs us 3 years of Mahomes prime when we could've stepped back earlier at the cost of 1.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 488
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up