ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 240
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:04 PM 02-12-2021
Just remember one thing. The refs can determine the outcome. Just like in some olympic events, the refs can be judgmental.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 02-12-2021
Yeah, we destroyed them for a quarter, they adjusted, and after that their defense had little trouble stifling our offense, in both games. Our pass catchers doing them favors was a common trend in both games as well. Fucking Hardman blew TDs in both games with his idiocy.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, we destroyed them for a quarter, they adjusted, and after that their defense had little trouble stifling our offense, in both games. Our pass catchers doing them favors was a common trend in both games as well. Fucking Hardman blew TDs in both games with his idiocy.
Wait, IIRC that was a very poor throw by Mahomes in the week 12 game.

I could be thinking of another play though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:24 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You already have your answer.

It's rigged.
I know.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:24 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've just read several times that it's predetermined.

There's no "should have", they had no say in it.
Did you hear the interview with Dwight Smith?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:33 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Did you hear the interview with Dwight Smith?
Again, if it's rigged, why are you bumping this thread?

If it's rigged, then Andy did EXACTLY what he was told.

He's either a bad football coach or it's rigged.

It cannot be both.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:54 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
And also those timeouts at the end of the first half.

Watch the mic'ed up. The Bucs were surprised as shit, they go "maybe we can get 3 out of this!" because they were going to run the clock and end the half. Andy Reid literally gave them 7 points.
I just watched it. Now I'm in a bad mood. Fuck you for suggesting it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:01 PM 02-12-2021
I haven't read the conversation since this thread got bumped. Nor do I freakin care to.

Here's what I know.

We got to this year's Super Bowl because of Andy Reid.

We WON last year's Super Bowl because of Andy Reid.

You can be frustrated with Andy Reid's decisions in this year's Super Bowl. And again, I'm not sure if anybody has been saying this because I didn't read what people bumped, but if anybody IS saying that Andy Reid is still a bad head coach because of gameday decisions, then they deserve some Adam Gase tard as their head coach.

After all, I heard Gase knew how to use timeouts! Well shit... why the hell are we even keeping Andy around? Sign that guy's ass up!
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:03 PM 02-12-2021
Fuck you andy is a great coach.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:56 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

The timeouts were warranted. If they had gotten the ball back and scored, the whole game changes, especially when they get the ball back to start the 3rd.

Andy had no way to know that the refs were going to gift the Bucs a TD.
We had been doing that the ENTIRE season. Reid somehow sucks at clock management when KC LED THE LEAGUE IN THE FINAL 2 MINUTES IN POINTS SCORED AND FEWEST ALLOWED BEFORE THE HALF. It's a complete bullshit narrative and those calls to be aggressive helped us win a few games this year.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:53 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I just watched it. Now I'm in a bad mood. **** you for suggesting it.
Well, it's just like htismaqe says : either Andy is a terrible coach...or the shit is rigged. And since we know that Andy is actually a very good coach...we know that he gave those points to the Bucs at the end of the half because he does what he's supposed to do...

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
**** you andy is a great coach.
Then it's rigged.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 10:18 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
We had been doing that the ENTIRE season. Reid somehow sucks at clock management when KC LED THE LEAGUE IN THE FINAL 2 MINUTES IN POINTS SCORED AND FEWEST ALLOWED BEFORE THE HALF. It's a complete bullshit narrative and those calls to be aggressive helped us win a few games this year.
The first timeout was fine since it was 2nd and 10, the 2nd timeout was awful given it was 3rd and only 2. Richard Sherman said it best. Sherman said other than possible Aaron Rodgers, no one else other than Tom Brady he would want in 2 minute drill. Sherman said it was an idiotic decision or words like that.

If it was 3rd and 6 or more, I can see gambling but 3rd and 2 is just too hard to defend against a team that was averaging a ton of points since Kansas City last faced them. Brady and the Bucs had the run as a realistic option and could have passed short which they did or even surprised the Chiefs with a long ball like they did Green Bay before the half.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 11:49 PM 02-12-2021
RabbleRouser I do not understand how you internally reconcile the idea that Andy Reid is a good coach, thus the game is rigged. You do realize, right, that if it's rigged, there's no such thing as a good coach? If the outcome is predetermined, and everyone is just fulfilling their role, and the desired person wins regardless of how "good" they are, then any and all "greatness" is a product of the entertainment complex elevating specific folks to further narratives.

In such a system, you can't have a "good" or "bad" coach or QB, you have what the entertainment complex produces. So in reality, it's either that it's rigged, therefore Reid is Neither Good nor Bad, or it's not predetermined, therefore he is EITHER good or bad. Your conclusion that he is in that scenario therefore bad, because of his "terrible decisions", reeks of a school of thought that uses monday morning quarterbacking to fit existing facts to predetermined conclusions and which lacks any predictive power of any kind.

If it's rigged, who wins next year? None of this "well of course so and so won" after the fact BS, right now, who wins next year? Everyone can put down money and earn 5.5x their investment at minimum, all you have to do is tell us who it makes sense for the NFL to push BEFORE it happens rather than After.

By the way, the reason Andy Reid appears to be a brilliant coach with terrible clock management skills is because he is indeed a brilliant coach with terrible clock management skills. The reason he retains his job is because no matter how shit of a job you think he does, he is 1,000,000x better than you would be at the same job, and happens to be better than any currently available replacement, or at least is presumed to be by those who control hiring decisions. Just saying.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:59 AM 02-13-2021
The idea of players and coaches being in on any rigging of games is so ludicrous.

These guys' jobs and salaries depend on their performance. They aren't going to risk their livelihoods just to rig a game for ratings.
[Reply]
teedubya 02:00 AM 02-13-2021
Someone please shoot Rabble-rouser in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 225 of 240
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Up