ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is going to be the 2019 Chiefs breakout player?
BossChief 04:54 PM 07-21-2019
I say Damien Williams ends up a star in this offense.

Top 5 fantasy back
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:43 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Speaks will wreck shit this year.
Not gonna hold my breath
[Reply]
Palko 4 ever 11:58 PM 07-21-2019
Gonna go out on a limb and say Alex Okafor.

He’s never been a great pass rusher in his career but he should have plenty of chances in this defense with the majority of the focus on Jones and Clark. He is however a good run defender that can set the edge which as we all know was a huge weakness with the defense last year.

Also think Dorian O Daniel could breakout if he can beat out Ragland, Wilson, etc for playing time but he should see the field plenty in sub packages and obvious passing situations.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:25 AM 07-22-2019
Darwin Thompson and Pringle...

Pringle has a year in the system...which Hardman doesn't.

Thompson look like if Sproles and Hunt mated...he breaks a lot of tackles and Reid will get him in space. He's also a really good receiving back...
[Reply]
oldman 07:34 AM 07-22-2019
I'm going to go out on a limb, but Niemann has had a year to bulk up and learn. My 2nd guess is Lovett. I can just hear the wheels turning in Andy's head.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:42 AM 07-22-2019
im gonna go by what i would consider a break out candidate, someone whos done little to nothing in their career as a professional. so im taking hitchens, out okafor has had an alex smith like career as a dlinemen, watkins is a proven pro. my candidate for break out guy is wylie. he had an ok run as a fill in and has had a year to absorb the offense and study.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:40 AM 07-22-2019
I mentioned him in another thread so I'll put him here as well. Reaser from AAF fame. I think he ends up the #3 or #4 CB and playing more and better than anyone hopes for.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:54 AM 07-22-2019
People are predicting Thompson but I just don't know if the guy is going to see any snaps of significance in his rookie year. Maybe he eventually becomes the glorified 3rd down back, but to be honest, Damien Williams fits that role to a tee. He'll certainly make the team, and I think he can still have a promising NFL career as a RB, but I just don't know about flashing this year, and certainly not in the initial games.

Remember, it took a Spencer Ware injury for Kareem Hunt to become the starter. Had Ware not been hurt, Hunt still would have found the field, but would we have relied on him like did in the offense? Almost certainly not.

That's kind of how Andy Reid is. Unless you're all he's got, he heavily factors in knowledge of the playbook and being able to contribute in all ways before he gives somebody the starting spot. That just puts rookies at a natural disadvantage.

And because we have plenty of RB options, I don't think Thompson is going to be considered much as a part of this offense this year.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
People are predicting Thompson but I just don't know if the guy is going to see any snaps of significance in his rookie year. Maybe he eventually becomes the glorified 3rd down back, but to be honest, Damien Williams fits that role to a tee. He'll certainly make the team, and I think he can still have a promising NFL career as a RB, but I just don't know about flashing this year, and certainly not in the initial games.

Remember, it took a Spencer Ware injury for Kareem Hunt to become the starter. Had Ware not been hurt, Hunt still would have found the field, but would we have relied on him like did in the offense? Almost certainly not.

That's kind of how Andy Reid is. Unless you're all he's got, he heavily factors in knowledge of the playbook and being able to contribute in all ways before he gives somebody the starting spot. That just puts rookies at a natural disadvantage.

And because we have plenty of RB options, I don't think Thompson is going to be considered much as a part of this offense this year.
A well thought out and good response? No place for that here, neg rep.

But seriously I agree, feel the same way with Hardman too. I think they may work him in later in the year but there's just a lot of mouths ahead of him to feed.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:49 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
A well thought out and good response? No place for that here, neg rep.

But seriously I agree, feel the same way with Hardman too. I think they may work him in later in the year but there's just a lot of mouths ahead of him to feed.
I don't know. Hardman may have more of an impact than you think. He should start out as the number 3 receiver. And if (when?) Watkins gets hurt again, he will be the number 2.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:04 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Breshad Breeland
Has this piece of shit broken out at training camp yet
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:07 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't know. Hardman may have more of an impact than you think. He should start out as the number 3 receiver. And if (when?) Watkins gets hurt again, he will be the number 2.
hardman will at least get some designed plays with his speed. i doubt thompson gets carries unless were up and killing serious clock.
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 07-22-2019
With his speed, they'll use him like they did Hill back in 16 but there's just so many proven guys ahead of him. Kelce, Hill and Watkins will get theirs
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:30 PM 07-22-2019
Robinson will start out as your #3 WR.

Hardman will be worked in with special packages, at least for the first half of the season.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:31 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
hardman will at least get some designed plays with his speed. i doubt thompson gets carries unless were up and killing serious clock.
Robinson and Hardman will likely have similar touches, I think.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:34 PM 07-22-2019
Hardman will be a factor at the end of the year once he's comfortable.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up