ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fangio: "Drew Lock is a hard-throwing pitcher who doesn't know how to pitch yet."
RealSNR 08:52 PM 07-20-2019
I mean, he's not wrong. I kind of like how brutally honest he is.

Just a friendly reminder for draft media pundits to stop with the notion that any of these Drew Lock/Josh Allen/Chad Kelly hard-throwing morons are Patrick Mahomes. A: Patrick Mahomes STILL has a superior arm over all of them, and B: You need way more than just a hard-throwing arm in order to be Patrick Mahomes. Waaaaaaay more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...uarterback-yet

Originally Posted by :
When Drew Lock fell out of the first round and into the Denver Broncos' lap at No. 42 in the 2019 NFL Draft, the quarterback was deemed a steal. A first-round arm talent and potential starter on a second-round rookie contract? Sign us up, the Broncos probably screamed in their draft room.

But just two days into training camp practice, Broncos coach Vic Fangio threw cold water on the notion that Lock was ready to play in a professional football game, much less take Joe Flacco's starting job in Denver.

Lock's lively but wild arm, Fangio told reporters Friday, needs to be tempered.

"I think a quarterback that can change his arm angles is a position when it's needed. You don't want to do it when you don't have to do it. Obviously if someone's in my face and I have to do it, that's good to have that talent," Fangio explained. "But if I'm strong in the pocket and there's nothing, I want to throw over the top, nice and strong. I don't want to rely on side-arms. It's good that he can do that, but he needs to use that when he needs to and not when he doesn't need to. His college offense really had no carryover to pro offenses. He was under duress a lot in college, so a lot of his plays he was running around.

"I don't think he's far along as far as being as NFL-ready a quarterback as he could've been. That's what I mean when I say he's got to get ready. He's not a quarterback yet -- he's a hard-throwing pitcher that doesn't know how to pitch yet. The faster he gets that, the better off he'll be and we'll be."

Like a 21st-century gridiron version of Ricky Vaughn, Lock has arm velocity and strength, but doesn't yet boast the touch and accuracy of a professional gunslinger. This was the rub on Lock coming out of Missouri, though that didn't keep the Broncos reportedly considering Lock the top quarterback on their board.

Perhaps Denver felt confident taking a chance on the boom-or-bust Lock because it had traded for the veteran Flacco, a safe and steady Super Bowl-winning signal-caller who can mentor (or not mentor) Lock through his rookie season.

If Fangio's honest commentary on Friday means anything, though, the Broncos are not going to be as gung-ho about pushing Lock into a starting position.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:30 AM 07-21-2019
MU QBs suck in the NFL
[Reply]
RunKC 06:35 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So basically he's Jay Cutler
Looks like a mix of Josh Allen and Derek Carr.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:47 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Looks like a mix of Josh Allen and Derek Carr.

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:51 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Wow.

There are, just, no words for that . . . . . .
[Reply]
listopencil 07:16 AM 07-21-2019
This is exactly how I wanted Fangio to see Lock, because this is how I saw Lock. I wasn't wowed by his college play. He's got talent but he doesn't have everything going for him. If he did he would have been taken at the top of the draft. He doesn't and he wasn't. They took him in the 2nd round at #42 overall. That's a good pick. I had my eye on other guys but that's good value. He's in a good spot right now. He's competing for the #2QB job. The media is reporting that he has worked extensively on his footwork, playcalling, and general knowledge of the playbook. His agent was holding things up contract wise, and he told the agent that he was going to report to Training Camp on time, so the agent had better wrap things up, and it got done. A couple things have come up in the media that could have started drama and he deflated the issues and blew off the hype. So, he's doing what he needs to do.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:57 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This is exactly how I wanted Fangio to see Lock, because this is how I saw Lock. I wasn't wowed by his college play. He's got talent but he doesn't have everything going for him. If he did he would have been taken at the top of the draft. He doesn't and he wasn't. They took him in the 2nd round at #42 overall. That's a good pick. I had my eye on other guys but that's good value. He's in a good spot right now. He's competing for the #2QB job. The media is reporting that he has worked extensively on his footwork, playcalling, and general knowledge of the playbook. His agent was holding things up contract wise, and he told the agent that he was going to report to Training Camp on time, so the agent had better wrap things up, and it got done. A couple things have come up in the media that could have started drama and he deflated the issues and blew off the hype. So, he's doing what he needs to do.
Yep, I agree. He doesn't really suck right now .It'll take two years of Donkey coaching to ruin his attitude and get him to suck.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:16 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Yep, I agree. He doesn't really suck right now .It'll take two years of Donkey coaching to ruin his attitude and get him to suck.

We'll see. The Broncos got the QB coach (Scangarello) from the 9ers to be the new OC. He did good work with the 9er QB's. The new QB coach is some dipshit named T.C. McCartney that worked under Scangarello as an 'offensive assistant/quality control' guy. Could be good, could just be the guy that gave Scang blow jobs in the office. Who knows?
[Reply]
listopencil 10:20 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I mean, he's not wrong. I kind of like how brutally honest he is.

I almost forgot. He said this about our first round pick TE Noah Fant:

"He’s got tools, but you know I can go into Home Depot and walk out with a bunch of nice tools and I’m not a carpenter. We have to teach him how to be a tight end in the NFL, and he’s working great at it."
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 AM 07-21-2019
I think this is exactly what Lock needs, tbh. Now the question becomes how willing is Flacco going to be to show the kid the ropes of the NFL?
[Reply]
listopencil 10:21 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think this is exactly what Lock needs, tbh. Now the question becomes how willing is Flacco going to be to show the kid the ropes of the NFL?

Not at all. It's not his job, Lock will have to pay attention and learn by watching him.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:30 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
MU QBs suck in the NFL
Chase Daniel's bank account says hello.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:34 AM 07-21-2019
Fangio is "Parcelling" Lock.

"Hey kid, you don't know **it about being an NFL QB regardless of your cannon. You come from a spread offense where you don't think and read defenses and the WRs are already open, therefore you are still stupid to the NFL game. So please become a student of the game. Besides, I didn't want to take you even at the 42nd spot because we have other bigger needs since we already have "Joe Sasquatch". But I'm not calling the personnel shots here like I thought so now I am stuck with your ass and you better develop."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:40 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
There's no shining a muTT turd. They're just born to suck ass. Poor coaching and all too...

Can't wait to watch him fail.
It’s really hard to argue with this. Very well written prose as well.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:51 AM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Fangio is "Parcelling" Lock.

"Hey kid, you don't know **it about being an NFL QB regardless of your cannon. You come from a spread offense where you don't think and read defenses and the WRs are already open, therefore you are still stupid to the NFL game. So please become a student of the game. Besides, I didn't want to take you even at the 42nd spot because we have other bigger needs since we already have "Joe Sasquatch". But I'm not calling the personnel shots here like I thought so now I am stuck with your ass and you better develop."

Yeah. That's who Fangio reminds me of: Parcells. I like it. The 'Mile High Mafia' under my user name is a nod to Fangio.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:46 PM 07-21-2019
Yeah. That's who Fangio reminds me of: Parcells. I like it. The 'Mile High Mafia' under my user name is a nod to Fangio.
How long will Fangio put up with Elway is what will be interesting IMHO.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up