ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This is why Damien Williams is our starting RB
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:58 AM 07-20-2019
We only got a small sample size last year of what this guy can do. Remember Jamaal Charles, we didn't know what we really had until he got the opportunity to carry the ball. Damien is going to be a top 5 back in 2019. Mark my words.

There is a play (not on this video) against the Chargers where he took a handoff and took it between I believe the LT and LG for 10 yards so fast I actually thought it was Hill taking the handoff. He put his pads down and nailed Derwin James. James took him down but Damien won the battle. So impressive! I wish clay could find that and Gif it up.

Just watch the way this guy runs. His quickness, his power, his vision, his hands, his pad level at the point of attack. He's a complete back.

Chiefs Kingdom is blessed !

[Reply]
Bump 11:11 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I love how mahomes throws the ball to the rb. I never saw the rb have to wait for the ball or slow down to catch it
Yup, it's always in stride. It's awsesome.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:15 PM 07-20-2019
He won me my FF championship
[Reply]
baitism 12:23 AM 07-21-2019
Hunt was much better at breaking tackles.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:39 AM 07-21-2019
Yeah, watching these highlights, I guess I took for granted how good he was. Not quite Jamal Charles good, but very good,nonetheless. I especially like that TD against the Colts. Not only does he have speed and shiftyness, he powers through runs, as well.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:43 AM 07-21-2019
I like the guy but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Jamaal Charles was a stud in a time when defenses were practically throwing 9 in a box. Damien williams did great when all defenses stacked everybody deep. If he's a top 5 back he would have had more success in Miami and he would have been given a bigger, longer contract. But I'm happy to have him.
[Reply]
rtmike 02:43 PM 07-21-2019
One of the best at screen passes. Caught pretty much everything thrown at him in Miami.
I was beyond elated when we picked him up, lol.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:47 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

:-)
You know Derwin James is known for being a thumper and laying the wood.

[Reply]
JakeF 02:49 PM 07-21-2019
Carlos Hyde is a starting level player if he improves at running routes.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:56 PM 07-21-2019
Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde, Anthony Sherman, and Darwin Thompson.

We are as stacked at RB as we are at WR. This offense if going to be nuts.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:30 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Don’t sleep on Darwin Thompson and Carlos Hyde.

Hyde absolutely loves our offensive system. From what I’ve heard he’s never been this excited with any other team.
Oh never ! I see the talent in the RB stable for sure. Everyone will get their share of touches for 2 reasons. 1.Health/Fresh legs 2. D's can't key on one RB because they all bring a different style of play that keeps D's guessing.

Does the other Williams make the team ? That kid has a lot of talent as well and IMHO has the most power out of all the RBs in a short yardage situation outside of Sherm.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:33 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
You know Derwin James is known for being a thumper and laying the wood.

:-):-):-):-) Trust me Derwin will think twice about who really lays the wood when D Will has the ball.:-)

Love it !!:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:22 AM 01-20-2020
Bump
[Reply]
BWillie 06:27 AM 01-20-2020
I mean, the guy had 2.6 ypc but he did pick up some nice short downs. RB is definitely one of our weakest positions but we can get by with what we have.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:54 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I mean, the guy had 2.6 ypc but he did pick up some nice short downs. RB is definitely one of our weakest positions but we can get by with what we have.
You have to figure in his 5 receptions for 44 yards. Dude had 99 yards on the day.
[Reply]
threebag 07:03 AM 01-20-2020
Solid pass catcher and pass protector. Gets some nice yards on the ground plays with a lot of fight and doesn’t want to go down. He usually has to have a couple people bring him down. If we had road graters on the O line Dam would be a stud
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up