ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>This is why Damien Williams is our starting RB
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:58 AM 07-20-2019
We only got a small sample size last year of what this guy can do. Remember Jamaal Charles, we didn't know what we really had until he got the opportunity to carry the ball. Damien is going to be a top 5 back in 2019. Mark my words.

There is a play (not on this video) against the Chargers where he took a handoff and took it between I believe the LT and LG for 10 yards so fast I actually thought it was Hill taking the handoff. He put his pads down and nailed Derwin James. James took him down but Damien won the battle. So impressive! I wish clay could find that and Gif it up.

Just watch the way this guy runs. His quickness, his power, his vision, his hands, his pad level at the point of attack. He's a complete back.

Chiefs Kingdom is blessed !

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:55 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Reminds me a little of Reggie Bush.
Not sure if thats good or bad?

Lets go with a combination of Holmes ,Allen and Charles with a little bit of Okoye sprinkled in.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 PM 07-20-2019
Reggie was a plus RB.

If he had played in this era he would have been even better.

Never intended to be a bellcow.
[Reply]
oldman 01:11 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
In bad weather and Playoff time- you Have to be able to run the ball. And control the clock to close games out which we were terrible at last year.
I agree. There were times last year we could have sealed the deal if we were just able to run the ball. Instead we relied on PMII to dig us out of hole after hole only to watch the D put us in another one. I'll settle for a 4K yard, 35 TD year from our QB if it means the Lombadri.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:14 PM 07-20-2019
Duke Johnson would be better RB depth than Carlos Hyde.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:15 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Lots of these arguments never make any sense to me:

If you believe "He was only good because he was in an Andy Reid offense" then unless the Chiefs have fired Andy and I haven't heard about it, you literally shouldn't give a shit who the running back is?

If you don't believe he was only good because of the offense he was in, then well he averaged 5.1 YPC last season, that's absolutely good - it's not like it was a tiny sample size either.
You are right. It really doesn't matter as much as other teams at least who our RB is as long as they can catch a football. But people on this board are acting like Williams is a Top 5 RB or something.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:49 PM 07-20-2019

This run made me throw a shoe in glee.
[Reply]
R Clark 01:50 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not as high on him as others. But luckily for us we have the best offensive coach in the league so almost any running back will do. He can make them work. In his entire time at Miami he couldn't muster 4.0 yards per carry. in a four year sample size. That is FRIGHTENING. Let's be honest, it's easy to run in this offense. Defenses prepare to stop Mahomes. Running lanes are open.

We should almost NEVER run the ball. Period. I'm talking 90% of the time pass the ball. There is a great Athletic article about this. Even when they KNOW you are passing, it's STILL way way more effective than running the ball. STOP running the ball unless it's 4th and inches, or the defense is just giving you an easy 10 yard gain.
One of the dumbest post on cp
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:02 PM 07-20-2019
I thought he became our starting RB when the clarks panicked?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:16 PM 07-20-2019
Some teams and coaches just ended up having a shitty running game no matter the back. The Colts and Lions were those teams for years.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:17 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
One of the dumbest post on cp
Please disprove.

https://theathletic.com/1080027/2019...ly-every-play/
[Reply]
-King- 02:21 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I found the play that really impressed me so much.

Skip to 32:20

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:23 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Duke Johnson would be better RB depth than Carlos Hyde.
Darwin Thompson will be too.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:29 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

:-)
Thank you for that!!! Is that not awesome! But really what initially got my attention was the 10 yard burst he made. Holy shit!
[Reply]
el borracho 02:29 PM 07-20-2019
What was his longest run last year? For a fast guy, it doesn’t seem like he breaks too many long runs. Am I misremembering?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:35 PM 07-20-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
What was his longest run last year? For a fast guy, it doesn’t seem like he breaks too many long runs. Am I misremembering?
Watch the damn video!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up