ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuller taking #29 (Berry) jersey number
BlackOp 04:23 AM 06-17-2019
I thought this was interesting...considering Berry hasn't signed with anyone. Shortly after Fuller talked about it...NFL.com announces 3 teams are interested in Berry.

Obviously, what happened last season didn't sit well with KC brass...otherwise they would usually hold off on issuing his number a few months after he was released.

It was a "Um, yeah...you're not coming back. Have a nice life." move..."enjoy the money you stole from us."
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:12 AM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
^^^^ Hissy fit because he can't stand how much coin he wasted on a Haglund jersey ^^^^
Lol. I admit, that was funny.

Nothing more to post about here. I'm out. You can continue to bitch about nothing if you choose to. Have fun.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:28 PM 07-21-2019
Thought this was interesting. Fuller struggled in the slot but was elite on the outside. per PFF article:

In 2018, Fuller’s 57.9 slot coverage grade ranked sixth out of the six players who logged at least 400 slot coverage snaps. Opposing quarterbacks completed 76.7% of their passes when targeting Fuller in slot coverage, and his forced incompletion rate dropped down to 8.2%. He surrendered a first down or touchdown on 45.2% of his targets and opposing quarterbacks earned a 110.5 passer rating when targeting him.

Despite his struggles from the slot in 2018, Fuller shined in coverage when he was given the opportunity to cover out wide. The third-year cornerback registered 103 coverage snaps from an outside corner position, and out of the 101 players who saw at least 100 coverage snaps out wide, he ranked first with a 90.7 coverage grade. He ranked first among that group by holding opposing quarterbacks to just a 35.3% completion percentage when targeted as a wide corner and both of his interceptions came when playing out wide.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-chi...s-best-in-2019
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:45 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Thought this was interesting. Fuller struggled in the slot but was elite on the outside. per PFF article:

In 2018, Fuller’s 57.9 slot coverage grade ranked sixth out of the six players who logged at least 400 slot coverage snaps. Opposing quarterbacks completed 76.7% of their passes when targeting Fuller in slot coverage, and his forced incompletion rate dropped down to 8.2%. He surrendered a first down or touchdown on 45.2% of his targets and opposing quarterbacks earned a 110.5 passer rating when targeting him.

Despite his struggles from the slot in 2018, Fuller shined in coverage when he was given the opportunity to cover out wide. The third-year cornerback registered 103 coverage snaps from an outside corner position, and out of the 101 players who saw at least 100 coverage snaps out wide, he ranked first with a 90.7 coverage grade. He ranked first among that group by holding opposing quarterbacks to just a 35.3% completion percentage when targeted as a wide corner and both of his interceptions came when playing out wide.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-chi...s-best-in-2019
Bob Sutton sucks!
[Reply]
New World Order 11:47 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Bob Sutton sucks!
Competent safety play should help too
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:06 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Competent safety play should help too
this.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:14 AM 07-22-2019
The nightmare scenario for a guy signing a massive contract is he gets hurt as he signs it. That's basically what happened and I can still feel the pain. It's hard to let a guy like him walk, though. Signing him was the right call regardless.
[Reply]
TEX 07:56 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
The nightmare scenario for a guy signing a massive contract is he gets hurt as he signs it. That's basically what happened and I can still feel the pain. It's hard to let a guy like him walk, though. Signing him was the right call regardless.
From a PR perspective, you're definitely correct. But from a future production perspective, given all the intangibles, it was not the right thing to do. Big contracts like that should be based on expected future production rather than past performance. You get into trouble when you put too much emphasis on the past... My problem with him was not that he got hurt - shit happens. It was his actions after he signed his huge contract when he skipped "voluntary" team workouts that he had previously attended in years past. That's not what a true leader does. I think THAT type of thinking was on display last season and it soured his legacy. I wish EB the best, but glad he's gone.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:59 AM 07-22-2019
I never would have guessed that about Fuller. He was supposed to be elite at covering the slot. It was his outside coverage that was supposedly suspect. If this is true, then he should be the starting corner opposite Breeland this year. Kick Ward to the slot.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I never would have guessed that about Fuller. He was supposed to be elite at covering the slot. It was his outside coverage that was supposedly suspect. If this is true, then he should be the starting corner opposite Breeland this year. Kick Ward to the slot.
Ward's too big and lanky to play the slot. You want him outside to matchup with those types of WR's. The Slot is a damn hard spot in that you've gotta have really fluid hips and defend 2 way routes constantly.

I'd start with those two outside and kick Fuller inside on passing and sub package stuff.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:54 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
From a PR perspective, you're definitely correct. But from a future production perspective, given all the intangibles, it was not the right thing to do. Big contracts like that should be based on expected future production rather than past performance. You get into trouble when you put too much emphasis on the past... My problem with him was not that he got hurt - shit happens. It was his actions after he signed his huge contract when he skipped "voluntary" team workouts that he had previously attended in years past. That's not what a true leader does. I think THAT type of thinking was on display last season and it soured his legacy. I wish EB the best, but glad he's gone.
Yeah. While I supported what Berry stood for (adequate compensation for athletes in the wake of knowing what their football careers do to their bodies) how he handled it was NOT a good look for him. At all. Dude wants to lead? Speak out against what is troubling you. Don't just do these shitty things to the team and then sit there like a fucking homeless leper.

Cancer or not, formerly great player or not, Eric Berry behaved like a real fucking shit head for the last two seasons he was here. And that really hurt the team and possibly cost us a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
notorious 09:06 AM 07-22-2019
He soured all the great memories of his play.

Don’t blame him for doing what he did, I would have did the same thing, but damn.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:19 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ward's too big and lanky to play the slot. You want him outside to matchup with those types of WR's. The Slot is a damn hard spot in that you've gotta have really fluid hips and defend 2 way routes constantly.

I'd start with those two outside and kick Fuller inside on passing and sub package stuff.
If Fuller was the best in the league on the outside, as the article says, you need to leave him outside. If Ward is too big and lanky to play the slot, then the team needs to figure out who to play there. But, based on the stats from last year, it needs to be someone other than Fuller. Reader maybe? Thornhill has played safety and corner I believe. Maybe he could cover the slot sometimes?
[Reply]
BossChief 12:22 PM 07-22-2019
Someone should put pre cancer Berry into the face app to see how many years it took toll on him. To me, it seemed he aged 20 years
[Reply]
-King- 05:24 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yeah. While I supported what Berry stood for (adequate compensation for athletes in the wake of knowing what their football careers do to their bodies) how he handled it was NOT a good look for him. At all. Dude wants to lead? Speak out against what is troubling you. Don't just do these shitty things to the team and then sit there like a fucking homeless leper.

Cancer or not, formerly great player or not, Eric Berry behaved like a real fucking shit head for the last two seasons he was here. And that really hurt the team and possibly cost us a Super Bowl.
How do you know that he hurt the team in any way? And what should he have done that would have helped? The fact that he hasn't been signed yet should show that his foot injury really was a serious thing and not something he was milking in any way.

I think him speaking out hurt his image with fans, but not with the team. I believe he really did want to play. Hell he had played on the injury for years going back to I think 2014 when it first popped up. So for 3 years he played through it and it got to the point where it was unplayable last year. He chose not to get the surgery because it would have put him out for the season and he wanted to play. I'm not going to fault him because it didn't work.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
How do you know that he hurt the team in any way? And what should he have done that would have helped? The fact that he hasn't been signed yet should show that his foot injury really was a serious thing and not something he was milking in any way.

I think him speaking out hurt his image with fans, but not with the team. I believe he really did want to play. Hell he had played on the injury for years going back to I think 2014 when it first popped up. So for 3 years he played through it and it got to the point where it was unplayable last year. He chose not to get the surgery because it would have put him out for the season and he wanted to play. I'm not going to fault him because it didn't work.

I meant how he handled the negotiations. Dorsey wanted team protection built into the deal in case the cancer returned, and this apparently pissed Berry off that Dorsey would stoop so low as to put Berry on the hook for any of his potential medical problems. The shitass mega deal negotiated by Clark was the result.

I get it. Berry finds the NFL to be unjust towards its players who have their quality of life reduced from their brief careers, and he believes the compensation needs to be steered towards the players who have to put their bodies through this. I totally understand. But in doing so, he completely shit on the good faith the Chiefs showed him through his cancer treatment.

That wasn’t very nice.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up