ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuller taking #29 (Berry) jersey number
BlackOp 04:23 AM 06-17-2019
I thought this was interesting...considering Berry hasn't signed with anyone. Shortly after Fuller talked about it...NFL.com announces 3 teams are interested in Berry.

Obviously, what happened last season didn't sit well with KC brass...otherwise they would usually hold off on issuing his number a few months after he was released.

It was a "Um, yeah...you're not coming back. Have a nice life." move..."enjoy the money you stole from us."
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:45 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Retired numbers are stupid too.
I don't have a huge problem with retiring the numbers of absolute legends.

KC already has 10 retired numbers, and Joe Delany's 37 isn't OFFICIALLY retired but it's clearly off limits as well. The list includes a lot of great players, but it's excessive.

There are other ways to honor legends.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:01 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Who cares?

Berry isn't on the team anymore. We gave someone Dee Ford's number as well. So ****ing what?

Berry was a great player when healthy, but he's not a sacred cow. There are a limited amount of numbers and KC has ALREADY retired too many. This isn't some direct insult to Eric Berry.
Fuller already had a number...
[Reply]
Grim 11:09 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Now he has the same number that he had in Washington. It probably meant something to him.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:13 AM 06-17-2019
I find the thread interesting only because the chances Berry comes back on the cheap went from five percent to zero.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:14 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
No shit, and now he has a new one. The number he would have requested if not held by an all pro player. Yanno who's not holding that number anymore?

But yeah, I'm sure it was KC who went to him and were like "Hey Kendall, we want to throw passive aggressive shade at Eric Berry, so we're changing your number to insult him."

I mean I'm sure it wasn't just Fuller wanting to use the number he's had for most of his career or anything. That requires zero assumptions and simply awareness of the obvious. It was all about KC being mean to Eric Berry, which only assumes that the franchise is petty , resentful. and passive aggressive in their desire to throw shade at former players and kick them while they're down. A totally reasonable thing to just accept credulously.

Are you familiar with Occam's razor?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:23 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
I find the thread interesting only because the chances Berry comes back on the cheap went from five percent to zero.
KC signed a FA safety, drafted one high, and are still high on Watts.

There was always a 0 percent chance. Just like there was no chance of trying bring Houston back.
[Reply]
Rawlsian 11:40 AM 06-17-2019
Well this is awkward
[Reply]
-King- 12:09 PM 06-17-2019
:-) Blackop thinks a player changing his number is a conspiracy against Berry.

Did you think Ben Neimann wearing #56 was a slight to DJ also?
[Reply]
srvy 01:49 PM 06-17-2019
He is taking Albert Lewis 29 did Berry play for us?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:25 PM 06-17-2019
Technically it's been available for years.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:27 PM 06-17-2019
When does Berry go into the Chiefs ring?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:39 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Clay should be there first.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:40 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
never
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:42 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
never
Berry was my favorite college player and was electric and was my favorite Chief for a time. But yeah, no ring. No way.

I'll always remember the 5th dimension. His college highlight real is one of the best I've seen. Trucking fools.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:11 PM 06-17-2019
Meaningless number. Not one shade of a fart given.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up