ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Tarantino making the Star Trek movie is still “a big possibility,”
BigRedChief 11:27 PM 06-10-2019
Quentin Tarantino is starting to do press for his upcoming film Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Back in April Tarantino was quoted as saying making the movie is still “a big possibility,” and thanks to the press junket for the film, there’s been a bit more talk of his Trek movie.

While chatting with Empire magazine (the latest issue is available now to subscribers, and will be on newsstands later in the week), he was asked about the potential Star Trek movie he had pitched to Bad Robot in 2017. As previously reported, last year Tarantino’s initial idea was fleshed out into a draft of a script by screenwriter Mark L. Smith. And that’s where it sat, waiting for more action. Tarantino says the next step is for him to give notes on it:

There’s a script that exists for it now, I need to weigh in on it, but haven’t been able to do that yet.

Also not a surprise, and something that’s been brought up before, is that Tarantino would want to make the movie R-rated. The director confirmed this to Empire:

Oh yeah! It’s an R-rated move. If I do it, it’ll be R-rated.

Paramount keen on working with Tarantino

Tarantino’s film Upon a Time in Hollywood will be released next month, on July 26th. The Oscar-winning writer/director’s recent comments sound like he is interested in taking the next steps to develop his Star Trek movie later in the year. And based on comments from Paramount motion-picture group president Wyck Godfrey in January, the studio is also keen on Tarantino Trek.

Little is known about Tarantino’s Star Trek concept. Reports differ on what characters it would involve, although some of the cast of the Kelvin films have indicated they believe they would be involved, including Karl Urban who has called the concept “bananas.” Cast members from Star Trek’s prime timeline have also expressed an interest in being involved, including William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, and Jonathan Frakes.

More info here:
https://trekmovie.com/2019/06/10/que...tar-trek-film/
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:19 PM 06-11-2019
Don't see that happening, although QT is requisite nerdy.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:59 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Don't see that happening, although QT is requisite nerdy.
I don't seeing it happening either . But it'd certainly be cool as hell to see Tarantino tackle the sci fi genre and if any movie franchise needs an adrenaline shot ....its fucking Star Trek .
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:43 AM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I don't seeing it happening either . But it'd certainly be cool as hell to see Tarantino tackle the sci fi genre and if any movie franchise needs an adrenaline shot ....its ****ing Star Trek .
He could do Star Wars and have Finn crying from being called the N word time after time.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:51 AM 06-12-2019
KLINGON MOT******R!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT!!!
[Reply]
loochy 11:25 AM 06-12-2019
So we're going to see people beheaded with bat'leths and limbs severed with phasers and whatnot?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:15 PM 06-12-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
So we're going to see people beheaded with bat'leths and limbs severed with phasers and whatnot?
he is a big fan of Captain Kirk from his childhood. Supposedly his script is about the war that caused the bad blood between Kirk and the Kiligons. So of course there would be plenty of violence.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:31 PM 06-12-2019
Not sure there’s a legitimate reason it has to be R rated?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:49 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well, nobody has ever made an R rated version of Trek before, so he'd have that going for him.

I'd watch it just to see Kirk scream out to BLOW THOSE KLINGON MOTHERFUCKERS STRAIGHT BACK TO KLINGON HELL and then enjoy the fallout of the purists hand wringing because "that's not what Trek is about". Lol
[Reply]
vailpass 03:51 PM 06-13-2019
Finally get a look at some of that green ass the good captain's been slaying two at a time.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:36 AM 06-23-2019

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:47 PM 06-28-2019
This strikes me as a match made in hell.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 02:48 PM 06-28-2019
Because it's Tarantino and he's going to make sure there's at least 50 F-bombs and two dozen racial slurs.

I'm not saying that's BAD in general, but yeah. I don't want to see that in Star Trek.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:45 AM 06-29-2019
Probably to make the action / fight sequences much more gritty & bloody . Not gonna lie , it would be cool to see Cast Kirk curb stomping some Klingon's head in lol. Plus, after the disastrous Beyond film , I would think a hard R rating would be a refreshing turn for this franchise.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:37 AM 06-29-2019
Never seen the new series Discovery, but I guess some episodes had a few F bombs in them?

“He’s fucking dead Jim”

“One Fucking minute Admiral”

“I’m giving her all she’s fucking got Captain!”
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up