ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>The Lion King ( 2019)
Tribal Warfare 04:50 PM 11-23-2018

[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies. Still one of my favorites of my childhood. The Jungle Book remake was excellent, I'm sure the Lion King will be as well.
You're fucking crazy.

Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan, Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch all came out after Lion King.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:10 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
that condescending doucherocket John Oliver is going to be play an easily dispensable dweeby bird

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 AM 04-11-2019
The chicken in Moana was legit hilarious.
[Reply]
007 01:19 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're fucking crazy.

Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Mulan, Atlantis and Lilo & Stitch all came out after Lion King.
Your point?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:42 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I took my Goddaughter to see the original the evening after I got a wisdom tooth pulled. The extraction was very difficult, and I was fairly whacked out on codeine. I remember thinking the plot was very similar to Conan the Barbarian, only with cartoon lions. Don't remember much else.
So partially delirious, and hearing James Earl Jones as Mufasa. :-)

Yep, it would he comparative
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:55 AM 04-11-2019
I still think the trailer for the original was the high point of trailer history.
I'm sure it was the only time I've experienced a round of applause for a trailer.

The one where they just played the opening song/scene.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:07 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Your point?
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The original was the end of of a damn good era of Disney movies.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:32 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The chicken in Moana was legit hilarious.
My daughter watched Moana without me; I saw like the last 20 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Yeah...I watched it by myself later...what of it?

That movie's pretty damn good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I still think the trailer for the original was the high point of trailer history.
I'm sure it was the only time I've experienced a round of applause for a trailer.

The one where they just played the opening song/scene.
I suspect this is the one you're talking about?

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 04-11-2019
The girl had one hell of a singing voice.

Also, The Rock unironically flexing his massive ego while singing will never not be awesome.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:11 AM 04-11-2019
The Lion King is hands down the best Disney movie of all time.

Nothing else can compare....not even Shrek or Toy Story.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:24 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My daughter watched Moana without me; I saw like the last 20 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Yeah...I watched it by myself later...what of it?

That movie's pretty damn good.
Yeah. I was down. Unfortunately my daughter lost interest in it in favor far more retarded programming.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:44 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
The Lion King is hands down the best Disney movie of all time.

Nothing else can compare....not even Shrek or Toy Story.
my point earlier was it was more than a movie, that people have an emotional reverence for the original. It touched them, in the good way. Was more than just a few hours of entertainment in the 90’s.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:03 PM 04-12-2019
More unnecessary remakes. Sigh.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:19 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
More unnecessary remakes. Sigh.
Eh...times are a changing, animation/technology has drastically improved since the mid 90's obviously. The ol' saying is nothing beats the original...but if this is done right it can be pretty damn close. The music will play a big part in this film and if they fuck that up, well then it could ruin the movie. It just sucks that Beyonce is probably going to sing in the damn thing, because she's fucking terrible.

The CGI hopefully is amazing, and so far it looks like it will be. Although some have voiced their concern re: Scar's voice. I'm willing to give give it a chance. Glad that James Earl Jones is back as Mufasa's voice though. Some things you can't replace.

A movie like this doesn't have to rely on an actor's performance, unlike let's say..Aladdin, which has a good chance of being dogshit if Will Smith sucks ass in his Genie role. Can't believe Gilbert Gottfried isn't doing Iago's voice though, which I mentioned before in the Aladdin thread. Apparently he ain't too happy about Disney recasting that role to someone else either.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up