ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 172
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:33 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
They're just now starting filming? They must really love making people have to rewatch episodes just to remember wtf has happened. Ugh.
I actually think the show ended in the finale where that's ok. Saul's about to make a hard turn. Mike's project is finished. Neither really ended on a cliffhanger. It's almost like a brand new start for both characters.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:45 PM 07-17-2019
I've always thought the concept of prequels were dumb.
Making people wait multiple years for it...
I'm, not sure of the word that is multiple levels down from dumb, but that seems to be what they've been doing.
I really don't give a shit anymore. What remaining character should I care about and why?
His Girlfriend? I can't remember her name, it's been so long, why would I care about a character when I don't even know their name?
The Lawyer guy who was partner with his brother? Who gives a shit about that "Character"? He's a douche and good riddance if he goes.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:57 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I'm, not sure of the word that is multiple levels down from dumb, but that seems to be what they've been doing.
I really don't give a shit anymore. What remaining character should I care about and why?
His Girlfriend? I can't remember her name, it's been so long, why would I care about a character when I don't even know their name?
The Lawyer guy who was partner with his brother? Who gives a shit about that "Character"? He's a douche and good riddance if he goes.
Plus the characters all look older, too old even, when they should look younger. Look at how old Gus Fring the chicken man looks now since BB.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:49 AM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Except this prequel was handled exceptionally well. The focus has always been on jimmy and Mike. A few interesting side characters, some excellent, but now we're back to that.

After a great character setup, we're going to spend the next two years watching this thing quickly merge into breaking bad. Buckle up. I think that's pretty damn exciting. Too long of a wait, but the plotline is about to sprint in a very new direction anyway. It's almost like a brand new series. So who cares.
[Reply]
TLO 11:02 AM 07-21-2019
Went ahead and bought season 4 via Amazon Prime and binged it this weekend.

Was blown away by the awesomeness of it. Next season maybe a ways off, but I'll binge and gladly re-watch all of it again before then.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:01 PM 01-28-2020
Finally some glimpses at what's coming. . . .

[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 03:28 PM 01-28-2020
Sweet... everyone gets their turn
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:48 AM 01-29-2020
About time.... I adore this show but this layoff has killed me.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:53 AM 01-29-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
About time.... I adore this show but this layoff has killed me.
I'm going to have to go back and watch just to remember what all happened.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:25 AM 01-30-2020
S4 will be on Netflix Feb 9th too
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:19 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm going to have to go back and watch just to remember what all happened.
Haha. For real. I told my wife we need to re-watch it to get caught up. It's been so long, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that I forgot about.
[Reply]
micallen 08:22 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Haha. For real. I told my wife we need to re-watch it to get caught up. It's been so long, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that I forgot about.
Same.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:32 AM 02-09-2020
Watching episode 1 season 4
[Reply]
stumppy 12:57 PM 02-22-2020
One more day. JFC, it's been awhile.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:30 PM 02-22-2020
Any good s4 recap videos
[Reply]
Page 123 of 172