ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Who will be the chiefsplanet.com Training Camp Hero of 2019? *****
TLO 04:25 PM 07-21-2019
Discuss below. Also feel free to discuss previous TCH's such as Bobby Sippio, Tyler Bray, etc.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:32 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
So, Cody Thompson?

Do we declare him the winner?
Thompson and Thornhill
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:35 PM 08-20-2019
Tyreek Hill for being there. Well, he's not today, but, yeah.
[Reply]
cripple creek 01:59 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I take it to mean someone who, whether they make the team or not, generate far too much excitement on here relative to their realistic impact on the team. Scrappy, lunch pail type who works hard and "flashes" in practice.
do we have vince papale in camp?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:00 PM 08-20-2019
Darwin Thompson may be the winner.
[Reply]
FAX 02:28 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Khalen Saunders.

I have a feeling this dude is gonna be good.
I had the same feeling. Then again, I'm a true partisan homer when it comes to training camp and rookie people.

So far, though, he's been a bit of a disappointment. He's sort of like the fat guy the high school coach puts in at nose tackle and says, "Don't move, no matter what happens. Got it?"

FAX
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:04 PM 08-20-2019
Has a winner been declared yet?
[Reply]
chinaski 03:15 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I had the same feeling. Then again, I'm a true partisan homer when it comes to training camp and rookie people.

So far, though, he's been a bit of a disappointment. He's sort of like the fat guy the high school coach puts in at nose tackle and says, "Don't move, no matter what happens. Got it?"

FAX
Yeah, maybe he will develop though. I certainly hope so, he looks like a good kid with a new family. Baby, Wife etc.

I was that fat kid in little league. Well, I wasn't that fat. But I was a nose tackle. Scheme was basically this: "Go after the Center, if you crush him try to get to the Quarterback..." That's it. I was a horrible football player. I wish I knew then what I know now, I have more appreciation for the game.
[Reply]
FAX 03:22 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Yeah, maybe he will develop though. I certainly hope so, he looks like a good kid with a new family. Baby, Wife etc.

I was that fat kid in little league. Well, I wasn't that fat. But I was a nose tackle. Scheme was basically this: "Go after the Center, if you crush him try to get to the Quarterback..." That's it. I was a horrible football player. I wish I knew then what I know now, I have more appreciation for the game.
I'm pulling for him as well, Mr. chinaski. Still, if he can't pick it up though exposure to Jones and Clark, it just wasn't meant to be, I suppose ...

As for your football career, it sounds to me like you had a friggin' terrible coach.

It's really a shame that so many HS coaches see football as a form of extended PE class. The game has so much to offer and dumbass coaches don't seize the opportunity. I don't know if your coach was one of those guys, but it doesn't sound as though he put much of an emphasis on technique or strategery. DM me his name and address and I'll send him a nasty note.

FAX
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:27 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Darwin Thompson may be the winner.
Darwin, Mecole and Cody Thompson are good candidates.

But it's actually KPass.
[Reply]
scho63 07:58 PM 08-20-2019
I was hoping it was Mike Catapano.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:27 PM 08-20-2019
Dudes. Training camp heroes are defined as longshot players everybody loves who don't make the team. Or they just barely make it.

Cody Thompson is that guy. End of story.

It's not fucking Darwin Thompson. He was always going to make the team.
[Reply]
scho63 03:44 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dudes. Training camp heroes are defined as longshot players everybody loves who don't make the team. Or they just barely make it.

Cody Thompson is that guy. End of story.

It's not fucking Darwin Thompson. He was always going to make the team.
Well that fucking settles it! :-)

/thread

No more comments you losers, the Amazing Oz has spoken! :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:23 AM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Well that fucking settles it! :-)

/thread

No more comments you losers, the Amazing Oz has spoken! :-)
Hey, it's not my fault people on this forum are buttfucking morons. I've seen Darwin Thompson, Mecole Hardman, and Juan Thornhill get mentions in this thread. An electric underdrafted player in a lacklaster group of RBs and two 2nd round picks?

What the fuck is next? Patrick Mahomes has been playing pretty well! Maybe he's the training camp hero! Ooooh... Len Dawson won a Super Bowl with the Chiefs, and he's still alive, so I think HE'S the training camp hero!

That's not what the fuck a training camp hero is.
[Reply]
TLO 01:51 PM 09-14-2019
This isn't going well for our hero's. :-)

At least Pringle is back on the team, for now.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up