ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>This is why Damien Williams is our starting RB
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:58 AM 07-20-2019
We only got a small sample size last year of what this guy can do. Remember Jamaal Charles, we didn't know what we really had until he got the opportunity to carry the ball. Damien is going to be a top 5 back in 2019. Mark my words.

There is a play (not on this video) against the Chargers where he took a handoff and took it between I believe the LT and LG for 10 yards so fast I actually thought it was Hill taking the handoff. He put his pads down and nailed Derwin James. James took him down but Damien won the battle. So impressive! I wish clay could find that and Gif it up.

Just watch the way this guy runs. His quickness, his power, his vision, his hands, his pad level at the point of attack. He's a complete back.

Chiefs Kingdom is blessed !

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:37 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I mean, the guy had 2.6 ypc but he did pick up some nice short downs. RB is definitely one of our weakest positions but we can get by with what we have.
yeah, but:
1) he doesn't carry on the ground all that much, really.
2)some of that was late in the game when we were trying to kill clock. Tenn knew it, too, and yeah, he was ineffective. But it's not like there were holes there; our line doesn't run block/short yardage style very well.
3)you absolutely have to consider his 'whole' game into any discussion. He's a very good receiver, and Andy would prefer to throw.
4) there were drives in the game where we decided that yeah, we were gonna run it because Tenn was sitting back in coverage. And Williams was really good in those series.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:09 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, but:

4) there were drives in the game where we decided that yeah, we were gonna run it because Tenn was sitting back in coverage. And Williams was really good in those series.
This made a huge difference. They were gonna sit back and guard the pass. Andy saw this and ate clock. Even in the 3rd the more time we ran off the clock the more it took Henry out of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:14 AM 01-20-2020
I always loved what he brought to the screen game and receiving game. What Damien's been really good at the past few months or so has been grinding out the short yardage stuff. He's fighting for every single yard and you really gotta love that.

I know he's been fighting injury all year, but there was a point where Shady was the lead back even with Damien there. Andy did a brilliant job this year with load management which makes the Shady signing very underrated. Even if he contributes nothing in the playoffs, he's a big reason Damien is this fresh late in the season.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:16 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, but:
1) he doesn't carry on the ground all that much, really.
2)some of that was late in the game when we were trying to kill clock. Tenn knew it, too, and yeah, he was ineffective. But it's not like there were holes there; our line doesn't run block/short yardage style very well.
3)you absolutely have to consider his 'whole' game into any discussion. He's a very good receiver, and Andy would prefer to throw.
Don’t forget his pass blocking....he’s very good there too
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up