ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 120
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:00 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Mo is so bad at his job he should run for office after he finishes ruining the Cardinals.
That’s ssshole would fit right in with the other assholes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:01 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What is the Albert and Molina shenanigans?

People calling for Albert and or Molina to be the manager.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:50 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They can’t be worse than Marmol.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:06 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Wish Mo would go on a booze cruise with Danny Mac
I wish he'd go for a Sunday drive with Josh Hancock.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:10 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Good lord
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:17 PM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wish he'd go for a Sunday drive with Josh Hancock.
Take a plane ride with Roy Halladay
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:40 AM 03-18-2024
They can’t be worse than Marmol.
Yes, actually they could be worse. Nothing leads us to believe they would be any better either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Yes, actually they could be worse. Nothing leads us to believe they would be any better either.
Did Oliver Marmol do a single thing that helped this team last season?

Did players develop under him? Did the clubhouse pull on the same side of the rope? Were tactical decisions made that helped the club?

A Labrador Retriever and a random number generator wouldn't have been any worse. Any better? Oh hell, who knows? But Oliver Marmol didn't do a single thing adequately last season. He didn't handle his staff, his clubhouse, external pressures, internal strife, his bench, his starting 9....nothing...with any aplomb.

I mean I guess Albert Pujols could show up and decide that Goldschmidt should be pitching and Contreras should be playing shortstop but that strikes me as unlikely.

Given the range of reasonable outcomes, i think it's fair to say that no - there is no chance at all that either of those guys could be WORSE than Oliver Marmol. Because Marmol did absolutely nothing to help this team win ballgames last season.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:06 PM 03-18-2024
Did Oliver Marmol do a single thing that helped this team last season?

Did players develop under him? Did the clubhouse pull on the same side of the rope? Were tactical decisions made that helped the club?

A Labrador Retriever and a random number generator wouldn't have been any worse. Any better? Oh hell, who knows? But Oliver Marmol didn't do a single thing adequately last season. He didn't handle his staff, his clubhouse, external pressures, internal strife, his bench, his starting 9....nothing...with any aplomb.

I mean I guess Albert Pujols could show up and decide that Goldschmidt should be pitching and Contreras should be playing shortstop but that strikes me as unlikely.

Given the range of reasonable outcomes, i think it's fair to say that no - there is no chance at all that either of those guys could be WORSE than Oliver Marmol. Because Marmol did absolutely nothing to help this team win ballgames last season.
You are probably right. I honestly don't have anything I can point to that says "Marmol is the reason this is better". Albert has some personal service contract with the Angels so I have no idea if he could work that out. I swear to God I think it would take Yadi all of two weeks to alienate himself from the front office and he'd never survive under Mo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
You are probably right. I honestly don't have anything I can point to that says "Marmol is the reason this is better". Albert has some personal service contract with the Angels so I have no idea if he could work that out. I swear to God I think it would take Yadi all of two weeks to alienate himself from the front office and he'd never survive under Mo.
There'd be benefits to that as well.

Cutting Mike Shildt off at the knees, a career Cardinal but bookish minor league nerd, ruffled feathers but not enough to effectuate meaningful change.

Now ask yourself if John Mozeliak, who got booed at Busch Stadium, is gonna walk away intact from a power struggle with Yadier Molina?

I suspect not.

The problem is that he knows it. And that's why Oliver Marmol has a contract extension. He NEEDS Marmol to work for at least long enough to finagle one last contract extension of his own. And once that happens, he can go ahead and install Molina if he wants. Because if it fails - who cares? He's on his way out anyway.

This is all one last gasp by Mozliak to get one more 4 year extension and ride that into the sunset.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:40 AM 03-19-2024
This is all one last gasp by Mozliak to get one more 4 year extension and ride that into the sunset.
4 more years of this shit? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 03-19-2024
4 more years of this shit? :-)
Oh I don't think it's gonna work.

It's just what he's trying to pull off.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:16 PM 03-19-2024
Oh I don't think it's gonna work.

It's just what he's trying to pull off.
The ownership group think he's doing a great job...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:28 PM 03-19-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
The ownership group think he's doing a great job...
Yeah. Well. Just wait until they get the attendance figures this season.

They can lie to the public and hide behind empty seats that were 'sold' to groups with sponsorship tie-ins all they want. Behind the scenes, they know exactly what's real and what isn't.

And what's real is going to be some MASSIVE revenue losses this season because nobody is going to go out to watch this sorry-ass franchise.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:35 PM 03-19-2024
Yeah. Well. Just wait until they get the attendance figures this season.

They can lie to the public and hide behind empty seats that were 'sold' to groups with sponsorship tie-ins all they want. Behind the scenes, they know exactly what's real and what isn't.

And what's real is going to be some MASSIVE revenue losses this season because nobody is going to go out to watch this sorry-ass franchise.
That Downtown area is becoming more and more of a dump as well, so yeah taking a family down there to a third world shit hole to see this uninspiring and bland roster/manager is going to be a brutal hit. Downtown parks!!!! Sooooo awesome!!!
[Reply]
Page 117 of 120
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120 >
Up