ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 72
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:27 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, should at least provide a bit more of an apples-to-apples comparison than stringing together wins against the Browns, Texans, Bears, Lions, and Steelers, and all the fake hype those games tend to bring..... looking forward to decent competition for the first time in two months to get a better understanding if they're true September champions or maybe something more (of course won't know for sure until the games really matter).
I think Miami will lose quite a few games down the stretch of the season. No more creampuff games like the Texans or Bears. That said, Miami has a good enough offense that I think they will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs. AFC Playoffs should be a hell of a battle.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:42 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think Miami will lose quite a few games down the stretch of the season. No more creampuff games like the Texans or Bears. That said, Miami has a good enough offense that I think they will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs. AFC Playoffs should be a hell of a battle.
HFA and the bye are more important for the Chiefs than some believe.

If you’re the Chiefs, you want to avoid playing one of these teams and make a warm weather team (like Miami) come to KC in January.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:56 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

If you’re the Chiefs, you want to avoid playing one of these teams and make a warm weather team (like Miami) come to KC in January.
I gotta be honest. I don’t think it really matters this year. This team is playing on GOD mode. They can play whenever and beat that team. They’re about to show us on Sunday when Patrick exorcises another Chiefs stat. Haven’t won in Cincy in over 3 decades. Patrick is the dragon slayer!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:56 PM 11-28-2022

Guess we'll see.

Everyone thought they were dangerous a couple years ago and then they got blown the hell out in the last week of the season. Then they won a bunch of games in Nov/Dec last year and was dangerous up until they got completely shutdown by the Titans.

And they haven't even had the chance to be terrible in the playoffs yet, like how the 2020 Browns were going to light up the Chiefs, or the 2020 Bills, or 2019 Titans, etc.

Teams usually aren't last year's Bengals and just show up and make it to the Super Bowl... even Mahomes had some bad starts against the Patriots in '18 and the Texas the following year.

I'll always be a little more confident in team that have been there and done that, like the Bills' return to Arrowhead and their inevitable return to the playoffs this year.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:00 PM 11-28-2022

Oh yeah. That 1 seed is huge. Increases Super Bowl odds by a lot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:17 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I gotta be honest. I don’t think it really matters this year. This team is playing on GOD mode. They can play whenever and beat that team. They’re about to show us on Sunday when Patrick exorcises another Chiefs stat. Haven’t won in Cincy in over 3 decades. Patrick is the dragon slayer!
I don’t necessarily disagree. I’d still pick the Chiefs, even as the 2 seed.

One extra game can really change things though. I’d hate to risk an injury to a key player if we could avoid playing in the first round all together.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 10:20 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Well said.

Buffalo's last win against a team with a winning record was in OCTOBER.

That's pretty wild.
Bills aren’t good right now.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:25 PM 11-28-2022
I don’t necessarily disagree. I’d still pick the Chiefs, even as the 2 seed.

One extra game can really change things though. I’d hate to risk an injury to a key player if we could avoid playing in the first round all together.
An extra game risking injury versus having a bye to rest up and get healthy.

Yeah, that can be as important as home/road.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:27 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Reid-Mahomes off a bye vs a team who just played for their season. Give me Reid in that one all day.

Then it’s an AFCCG at home against a team who just played twice for their season.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 12:31 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

That would be a cool rule modification for the playoffs.

1 seed gets to pick either a bye week, or home field advantage.
2 seed gets whichever the one seed doesn’t pick.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:36 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
That would be a cool rule modification for the playoffs.

1 seed gets to pick either a bye week, or home field advantage.
2 seed gets whichever the one seed doesn’t pick.
I’d rather they just bring back the 6 team playoff format with the top two seed getting a bye. It was perfect.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:52 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, should at least provide a bit more of an apples-to-apples comparison than stringing together wins against the Browns, Texans, Bears, Lions, and Steelers, and all the fake hype those games tend to bring..... looking forward to decent competition for the first time in two months to get a better understanding if they're true September champions or maybe something more (of course won't know for sure until the games really matter).

Yeah that’s he problem for us Chiefs fans.

We usually have the AFC West wrapped up & we are debating who we should rest & whether they should rest anyone. The number one seed is always in play too. One of the few real games left are this week’s game vs the Bungles before the playoffs start.

We won’t know a lot about any of these teams until January. We will find out a lot about the Dolphins on Sunday with their game vs the 49ers.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:58 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Just:13:
I think you’re overestimating them.

They have scored 30 less points than the Bills and have given up 50 more than the Bills have. Their last 5 wins have come against teams with a combined 15-39 record.

They’re the 2020 Steelers and I think there is a good chance they lose 2 of their next 3 (San Fran, Chargers, Bills).
Even if they lose two of those three, what does that prove? That Tua’s not going to finish the year undefeated? How awful.

If the Bills lost two of three games of that caliber, would you declare them to be the 2020 Steelers? Of course not.

A 30 point difference over 11 games is a few points per game. Big deal. And if Tua had played every game, that gap wouldn’t exist.

I wasn’t a Tua believer (and I still don’t think he’s that great) but with those weapons, that’s definitely a potent offfense.

The only thing you can criticize is that they played a few close games vs mediocre/bad teams. But it gets harder to crush a team for squeaking by the Lions when the Bills needed late heroics to do the same.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:34 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's not overestimating them. They are perhaps the most complete team in the league. Even if they lose 3, they're still very dangerous and will be a tough draw in the playoffs. I picked them to win that division before the season, and I'm sticking with that prediction. They are very good with Tua at QB.
You're way too high on the Dolphins. They're far from a complete team. You're letting the Tyreek stuff cloud your judgement.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 11-29-2022
The Dolphins are a complete team? They're defense is kinda meh right?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 72
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up