ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk Defensive Line
Couch-Potato 02:02 PM 02-18-2023
Went through a bunch of threads to identify all of our interests across the defensive line, is this all of them? Who else should be added to the list? Removed from the list? Should anyone be moved up or down on the draft target list?

FA Targets
-DE Yannick Ngakoue, IND
-DT Da’ron Payne, WAS
-DT Poona Ford, SEA
-DE Jadaveon Clowney, CLV
-DT Kalen Saunders, KC
-DT Greg Gains, LAR
-DT Armon Watts, CHI
-DE Ardon Key, JAX
-DE Clean Ferril, LVR
-DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, HOU
-DT Chris Wormley, PIT
-DT Maurice Hurst, SF
-DT Andrew Billings, CIN

Vet Trade Targets
-DE Brian Burns, CAR
-DE Chase Young, WAS
-DE Carl Granderson, New Orleans
-DE Za'Darius Smith, Minnesota
-DE D.J. Wonnum, Minnesota

1st Rd Targets
-DT Byran Breese,
-DE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
-DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
-DE Keion White, Georgia Tech
-DE Derick Hall, Auburn
-DE Isahiah Foskey, ND
-DE Nolan Smith, Georgia
-DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC
-DE Andre Carter, Army

2nd Rd Targets
-DT Siaki Ika, BU
-DE Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
-DL Calijah Kancey, Pitt
-DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
-DE Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State
-DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

3rd Rd Targets
-DT Gervon Dexter, Florida
-NT Keanu Benton, Wisconsin
-DE Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern
-DL Byron Young, Tennessee
-DT Zack Pickens, South Carolina
-DL Mike Morris, Michigan
-DE Dylan Horton, TCU

4th Rd Targets
-DT Byron Young, Alabama
-DE Viliami Fehoko, San Jose St
-DE Thomas Incoom, Central Michigan
-DL Yaya Diabi, Louisville
-DE Habakkuk Baldonado, Pitt

5th-7th Rd Targets
-DE Isaiah McGuire, Missouri
-DE Caleb Murphy, Ferris St
-DE Derek Parish, Houston
-DT Dante Stills, West Virginia
-NT Elijah Simmons, Tennessee
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:27 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
You're acting like he wasn't regarded as a day 2 prospect by everyone. It might look smart in retrospect but that wasn't anywhere near what people thought then. The dude came off an outstanding Junior season and had really good measurables. The fact he failed is somewhere between his work ethic and coaching and probably does lean heavily towards work ethic. To say he had no talent is simply not true. He had talent. You don't do what he did as a Junior in the SEC and just completely suck nuts.
I mean, I'm acting like I didn't think he was a day 2 prospect, yeah.

I didn't see it when we made the pick and never saw it at any point. I don't know where 'really good measurables' came from because what his measurables point to where a bunch of parts that don't make a whole.

He wasn't agile enough to play edge, though admittedly few pegged him there. He wasn't long enough to be a 3-4 DE. So what you're really looking at is someone would seemingly be an under-tackle in a 4-3.

The problem is he wasn't nearly powerful enough to play IDL. And while a 4.87 40 is good for a DT it's also largely irrelevant. He didn't have any measurables that qualified as 'really good' that actually fit with the rest of his tools to make an actual football player.

He was a tweener and that's exactly what I said at the time. He simply didn't have a home.

And yeah, there have been plenty of SEC players who played better than Speaks but who ultimately just didn't have a complete set of tools. Michael Sam would be an immediate and obvious example.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 03-26-2023
Dude, Michael Sam can be a bottom or a top. Very toolsy.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:28 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean, I'm acting like I didn't think he was a day 2 prospect, yeah.

I didn't see it when we made the pick and never saw it at any point. I don't know where 'really good measurables' came from because what his measurables point to where a bunch of parts that don't make a whole.

He wasn't agile enough to play edge, though admittedly few pegged him there. He wasn't long enough to be a 3-4 DE. So what you're really looking at is someone would seemingly be an under-tackle in a 4-3.

The problem is he wasn't nearly powerful enough to play IDL. And while a 4.87 40 is good for a DT it's also largely irrelevant. He didn't have any measurables that qualified as 'really good' that actually fit with the rest of his tools to make an actual football player.

He was a tweener and that's exactly what I said at the time. He simply didn't have a home.

And yeah, there have been plenty of SEC players who played better than Speaks but who ultimately just didn't have a complete set of tools. Michael Sam would be an immediate and obvious example.
Point me please to where you said any of this shit before he was drafted. We ran a 3-4 at the time. His profile was a 3-4 5T.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:32 PM 03-26-2023
Actually, you know what, I don't even rightly give a shit. I'd much rather hear right now who you think are the studs and duds of this year's class.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:19 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
White would give Spags a defensive line where he could rush any of them from any spot on passing downs.

Karlaftis - Jones - Omenihu - White

Shit.
I like White, and for the same reasons.

Adewore is also a guy that fits this same line of thought.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:38 AM 03-27-2023
I like...

1st
White
Foskey
Tuipoluto

2nd
Adebaware
Carter
Harrison

3rd-4th
Mcguire
Diaby
Fehoko

5th-7th
Incoom
Young
Murphy
[Reply]
O.city 07:05 AM 03-27-2023
Say the Commanders call and are willing to do basically the OBJ Chiefs Ravens trade for Montez Sweat.

Any interest?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Say the Commanders call and are willing to do basically the OBJ Chiefs Ravens trade for Montez Sweat.

Any interest?
Probably. The depth of the draft into the 2nd makes for a strong 'Nick Bolton' possibility where the 2nd we get back in the exchange is going to yield a very good player.

Sweat's cap charge is about 3 times what OBJs was, though. So I may need them to dial back that mid-round pick we included in the OBJ deal. Then again, the 2 we get in retirn should be higher than the one we got from Baltimore.

But yeah, I'd consider it. The problem is the cap space. I'm just not sure where to find it at his point.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:18 AM 03-27-2023
Felix Anudike-Uzomah sure is a popular pick for the Chiefs lately.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 03-27-2023
Probably. The depth of the draft into the 2nd makes for a strong 'Nick Bolton' possibility where the 2nd we get back in the exchange is going to yield a very good player.

Sweat's cap charge is about 3 times what OBJs was, though. So I may need them to dial back that mid-round pick we included in the OBJ deal. Then again, the 2 we get in retirn should be higher than the one we got from Baltimore.

But yeah, I'd consider it. The problem is the cap space. I'm just not sure where to find it at his point.
They could work to get it this year, but he'd need a LTD, so you'd have to go into the future to figure it out.

I'd say Thuney is gone after this year, I'm not sure on Snead's fuure here either.

But Sweat would pair pretty well with what we've got there I think.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:47 AM 03-27-2023
Feeling more and more comfortable with the options at DE in rd 2 if we want to go somewhere else in rd 1.

Not sure they’re gonna draft a DL in the first in back-to-back years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Felix Anudike-Uzomah sure is a popular pick for the Chiefs lately.
Yeah - still just don't see it.

:-)
[Reply]
JPH83 09:55 AM 03-27-2023

It's if we want a guy who can go round rather than just directly over an OT. Tested pretty well, has plenty of moves, decent production, great bend. Doesn't have the same versatility as others mentioned.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:06 AM 03-27-2023

He's not my favorite of the group, but I do think he's in that tier of edge rusher that should/could be available.

I think if they take him, it's because he's the best of both worlds in terms of meeting the size thresholds, but also having speed and bend.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
It's if we want a guy who can go round rather than just directly over an OT. Tested pretty well, has plenty of moves, decent production, great bend. Doesn't have the same versatility as others mentioned.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's not my favorite of the group, but I do think he's in that tier of edge rusher that should/could be available.

I think if they take him, it's because he's the best of both worlds in terms of meeting the size thresholds, but also having speed and bend.
And that's where I just keep landing with him.

I don't dislike the guy as a prospect - I just can't see a scenario where he's even one of my 3 favorite guys on the board. I should go run a mock where I just screw the Chiefs with every pick I make (within reason) and see if I can get him there.

I mean you can take 10 guys off the board for KC pretty immediately; maybe even 15. And once you get that done, I can probably still make a list of 20 guys I'd rather have. Felix is probably in/around 40th or so on any kind of generic 'big board' I'd make.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up