6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:28 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Catcher is a grueling position. Having two plus bats is s good thing, and being able to keep both bats in the lineup with fresh legs behind the plate would be a major plus, in my opinion. I see no reason to play Gallagher when MJ is so much more talented.
I completely agree. I've seen enough of Gallagher.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 11:28 AM 08-30-2021
Mickey Mantle used to get booed in Yankee Stadium.

None of the Mets are Mickey Mantle.

The Mets need to grow up.
[Reply]
kstater 11:59 AM 08-30-2021
I get not liking getting boo'd. But how dumb do you have to be to push back against the fans. They're why you're there.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:39 PM 08-30-2021
If you are the Royals, how do you get a look at Mondesi in CF? Looking at next year's roster construction brings up interesting questions.

C: Perez/Gallagher/Melendez (Late call-up)
1B: Santana/Pratto
2B: Merrifield
SS: Lopez
3B: Witt
LF: Beni
CF: Mondesi? FA?
RF: Dozier?

Alternatively:
2B: Lopez
SS: Mondesi
CF: FA?
RF: Merrifield

Bench/DH: Dozier

I like scenario two better. It provides excellent insurance if Mondesi gets hurt. But there are no real obvious CF free agent candidates in a thick FA class.

Also, hopefully the Royals are eyeing making a serious run at one of the pitching free agents due up. Next year, the competitive window starts. Hopefully, the CBA doesn't continue to get worse and worse for small market teams.
[Reply]
poolboy 09:13 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
If you are the Royals, how do you get a look at Mondesi in CF? Looking at next year's roster construction brings up interesting questions.

2B: Merrifield
SS: Lopez
CF: Mondesi? FA?
RF: Dozier?

Alternatively:
2B: Lopez
SS: Mondesi
CF: FA?
RF: Merrifield

Bench/DH: Dozier

I like scenario two better. It provides excellent insurance if Mondesi gets hurt. But there are no real obvious CF free agent candidates in a thick FA class.

Also, hopefully the Royals are eyeing making a serious run at one of the pitching free agents due up. Next year, the competitive window starts. Hopefully, the CBA doesn't continue to get worse and worse for small market teams.
AJ Pollock
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:37 PM 08-30-2021
If Bobby Witt Jr. doesn't come up for this upcoming six-game homestand that ends Sunday, I feel that we probably won't see him this season. The next opportunity would be the Sept. 14 homestand, but we're already halfway through the month. It wouldn't make sense to bring him up for half a month.
[Reply]
tk13 09:57 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
If Bobby Witt Jr. doesn't come up for this upcoming six-game homestand that ends Sunday, I feel that we probably won't see him this season. The next opportunity would be the Sept. 14 homestand, but we're already halfway through the month. It wouldn't make sense to bring him up for half a month.
I doubt they care about doing it in a homestand. But remember with the new rules they only get to call 2 players up. The rosters go from 26 to 28. It'll probably be a reliever and I'd guess one of the catchers in the logjam at AAA, or maybe just Mondesi and call it a day.

Plus the CBA expires in the offseason and who knows how that could affect service time. Not to mention the threat of a lockout. The AAA season actually goes through October this year so they could just let the prospects play it out there.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:01 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
AJ Pollock
They'll bring Taylor back, it's obvious because they kept him when he was an easy trade candidate. He's basically a perfect 4th OF.
[Reply]
tk13 10:04 PM 08-30-2021
Soler just hit another bomb for Atlanta. I was worried about trading him for scraps while he was hot, but I don't know what you do, his contract was about to run out. But he really looks like a 50 HR guy right now who takes a fair number of walks. It's also why you can't trade Mondesi unless you get legit prospects. We basically gave up one of the best power bats in the league for an A-ball pitcher.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:13 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
I doubt they care about doing it in a homestand.
If the Royals were in a pennant race, absolutely the homestand wouldn't matter at all. Sherman and Moore are definitely unconventional; they don't follow what the league is doing. Sherman kept all employees on payroll during COVID. But I still don't see the Royals not wanting to cash in on having Witt debut at home in a season that's off the radar with Chiefs season looming.

But remember with the new rules they only get to call 2 players up. The rosters go from 26 to 28. It'll probably be a reliever and I'd guess one of the catchers in the logjam at AAA, or maybe just Mondesi and call it a day.

Plus the CBA expires in the offseason and who knows how that could affect service time. Not to mention the threat of a lockout. The AAA season actually goes through October this year so they could just let the prospects play it out there.
For sure, it's going to be an underwhelming expanded roster for most teams because of that rule.

That's two other good reasons why Witt might not come up. Why even accrue any service time for Witt and put him on the 40-man when the CBA is uncertain. Not only is the minor league season longer, but I'd imagine they will send him to the Arizona Fall League, too.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:23 PM 08-30-2021
Soler just hit another bomb for Atlanta. I was worried about trading him for scraps while he was hot, but I don't know what you do, his contract was about to run out. But he really looks like a 50 HR guy right now who takes a fair number of walks. It's also why you can't trade Mondesi unless you get legit prospects. We basically gave up one of the best power bats in the league for an A-ball pitcher.
Asshole is OPSing like 930 for them after driving his trade value to zero this season.

He can get bent
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Asshole is OPSing like 930 for them after driving his trade value to zero this season.

He can get bent
Guys like Soler cant hit. Moose was kind of a similar mold but not quite to the degrer Soler is. Hes gonna get hot though and feast on (mainly garbage pitching and long relievers) and at the end of it all post some pretty respectable stats.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:15 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Considering I have Storm Chasers tickets for Saturday, I’d bet on him being called up Friday night.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:18 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Considering I have Storm Chasers tickets for Saturday, I’d bet on him being called up Friday night.
Lol, I wouldn't worry about it. Between the limited roster expansion, not being on the 40 currently, the unknown with the CBA, there's like zero chance he gets called up to KC this year.

Also, I think the Royals would like him and their other top young hitters (M.J., Pratto, Isbel, etc.) to experience a 'playoff push' together. Get some experience together playing in that scenario. Royals did the same thing with Moose, Hosmer, Perez, etc. back in the day when they were coming up.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:37 AM 08-31-2021
I think Pratto and Melendez next year start in Omaha until they force themselves out. That is what they did with Hosmer and Salvy. Same thing will happen with those two. Royals have legit MLBs in their spots so its not a major worry and can take their time and get it right.
[Reply]
Page 365 of 440
« First < 265315355361362363364365 366367368369375415 > Last »
Up