ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 153
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
trndobrd 08:51 PM 12-17-2020
Just showed my 8 & 11 y/o boys some Clint Eastwood scenes from the Good/Bad/Ugly trilogy on youtube. Responses in the first 20 seconds:
" Why are they playing music from the Mandalorian?". "That guy walks like the Mandalorian.". "He really likes to shoot people a lot...kind of like the Mandalorian!". "He shoots really fast like the Mandalorian"

So fun to watch them pick up on the connections.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:37 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Peyton Reed directed the finale.
I had no idea that his episode was looked upon as the "weakest" this season because I thought it was fantastic, especially the fight scenes and humor.

Seeing the Razor Crest land, then fall into the sea, only to be drug out by a retrofitted AT-AT was hilariously ingenious, IMO. I also liked the way he treated the Mandalorians.

I guess I have a hard time believing that the finale won't be completely awesome.

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So damn, I watched Rogue 1 last night because I'm damn in the mood for the Mandalorian and MOTHER****ER I have to wait another day.

I'll be damned if that isn't a hell of a good movie. Even though I know what happens, I know how everyone ends up, it's just really ****ing good. All the details are right. The sounds, the timing, all of it. ****ing right.

Maybe it was the mood I was in, I don't know, but even still. After all the times I've seen it, R1 just crushes it.

/useless sidebar everyone agrees with.
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Just my way of 100% agreeing with you here. Lol
Originally Posted by notorious:
Rogue One is a fantastic movie.

By far the best thing to come out since the original series.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You know how I feel about Rogue One

the 3rd act is the best “Star Wars” ever put on film. Period. Impressive.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:57 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I had no idea that his episode was looked upon as the "weakest" this season because I thought it was fantastic, especially the fight scenes and humor.

Seeing the Razor Crest land, then fall into the sea, only to be drug out by a retrofitted AT-AT was hilariously ingenious, IMO. I also liked the way he treated the Mandalorians.

I guess I have a hard time believing that the finale won't be completely awesome.

You're thinking of the wrong episode. He directed the one before that. With the ice planet, the big spiders and Grogu eating eggs.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:09 AM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the 3rd act is the best “Star Wars” ever put on film. Period. Impressive.
It's almost like the writers made one of the most boring, bland, and uninspired movies they could, simply so they can juxtapose into one of the most exciting moments in the canon.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:37 AM 12-18-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:43 AM 12-18-2020
Holy shit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:45 AM 12-18-2020
Post credit scene!
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:47 AM 12-18-2020
Oh shit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:49 AM 12-18-2020
I don't even have words. I gotta collect my thoughts before I talk about that..
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:15 AM 12-18-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 03:35 AM 12-18-2020
OH
MY
FUCKING
GOD

I came.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:43 AM 12-18-2020
Spoiler!
Well...

Originally Posted by listopencil:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 03:43 AM 12-18-2020

[Reply]
listopencil 03:45 AM 12-18-2020
Post credit scene!
...was great. Just when I was wondering where that person went and we got that bit of extra content. Very nice.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 153
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138 > Last »
Up