ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 1208
« First < 323839404142 4344454652921425421042 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:26 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I'm going to eat a bullet for my Christmas dinner in a few weeks.
Still be better than the Thanksgiving I had.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:27 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wife made spaghetti. Pasta purists will ****ing crucify me, but it's all store bought. Store bought noodles, Prego, italian sausage. I'm quite certain you all could do better, but it was pretty goddamned good.

...and orange-dyed cheese.

The spaghetti doesn't look bad at all. In fact it looks quite good —tasty. Besides, I don't think anyone here makes their own pasta. What a chore. And I think it's a safe bet that we buy our sausage in a store too. The veggies in the salad are nice and green too.

So overall, I'd eat that if I weren't allergic to wheat.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
...and orange-dyed cheese.

The spaghetti doesn't look bad at all. In fact it looks quite good —tasty. Besides, I don't think anyone here makes their own pasta. What a chore. And I think it's a safe bet that we buy our sausage in a store too. The veggies in the salad are nice and green too.

So overall, I'd eat that if I weren't allergic to wheat.
Eh, It's at least Real Cheddar Cheese. It's expensive enough. I can't afford much else. Although wife bought fake cheese one time. It was horri-bad. Maybe when I grow up I can move on from packaged cheese and get something that won't kill my ass.

Thanks for not shredding me on my store bought spaghetti :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:39 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Find an ethnic market. With any luck they'll carry gyro meat [so far as I can tell, there's no special name for it or anything. Everywhere I go just calls it 'gyro meat']. It's usually pre-sliced about the size of a candy bar and about as thick as philly steak slices.

Go with the lamb, chicken's OK, but not nearly as good as lamb.

You can heat it up in a skillet, or in a pan like bacon in the oven, or even in a toaster oven. I use a convection oven because it's easy, and it's tough to overcook the meat.

If they have the meat it's almost guaranteed they'll have tzatziki. Otherwise, tzatziki, kalamata olives, feta and pitas can usually be found in any decent market.

Then it's just a matter of romaine, onion and tomato you can pick up anywhere.
Gyros are also pretty simple. You can use ground lamb, onions and some basic spices and throw it in a loaf pan. Not as authentic as a lamb leg but as good as anything you'd get in many restaurants. Tzaziki is easy too. Basically just Greek yogurt, lemons, garlic, olive oil, lemon. Mint and dill possibly too but necessary.

I like to take the finished loaf, slice real thin, throw on a skillet with a heavy skillet on top of the meat.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:52 AM 12-01-2015
Eh, It's at least Real Cheddar Cheese. It's expensive enough. I can't afford much else. Although wife bought fake cheese one time. It was horri-bad. Maybe when I grow up I can move on from packaged cheese and get something that won't kill my ass.

Most people use store-bought spaghetti. I make my own every once in a while, but for normal weeknight spaghetti, store bought is where it's at. The key is using a quality dried pasta. I think Del Cecco is good, but my favorite is La Molisana, if you can find it.

I'm not a fan of Prego, but the jarred stuff I like is generally pricey - Victoria's, at like $7 or $8 a jar. Cheaper, but still good, is Classico or Bertolli. I also like Newman's Own Marinara pretty well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:58 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Most people use store-bought spaghetti. I make my own every once in a while, but for normal weeknight spaghetti, store bought is where it's at. The key is using a quality dried pasta. I think Del Cecco is good, but my favorite is La Molisana, if you can find it.

I'm not a fan of Prego, but the jarred stuff I like is generally pricey - Victoria's, at like $7 or $8 a jar. Cheaper, but still good, is Classico or Bertolli. I also like Newman's Own Marinara pretty well.
I don't particularly like Bertolli. I'll try the others, if I can find them. Remember, I live in bumfuck nowhere.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:00 AM 12-01-2015
I don't particularly like Bertolli. I'll try the others, if I can find them. Remember, I live in bum**** nowhere.
I live in a town with a population of 6,000, and I can find all four of those jarred sauces at my tiny Winn Dixie.

I can't find Del Cecco pasta unless I go into one of the bigger towns nearby, but the WD carries the La Molisana pasta.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:03 AM 12-01-2015
I don't particularly like Bertolli. I'll try the others, if I can find them. Remember, I live in bum**** nowhere.
Also, each of the sauce makers make versions that I don't like. You just have to find the ones you do like.

I like the Classico marinara with plum tomatoes, the Bertolli marinara with basil, and the straight marinaras from Victoria's and Newman's Own.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:14 AM 12-01-2015
I'll check into it. Thanks FMB!
[Reply]
tooge 11:30 AM 12-01-2015
Here's the bulk of my TG dinner:

dry brined and cherry smoked turkey (spatchcocked to get a better brine and smoke)
mushroom leek bread pudding
roasted root veggies with a dijon dressing
savory sweet taters with garlic/brown sugar, orange, and cinnamon

Honestly, it was the best turkey I've EVER had, and the rest of the family said the same. I've never had white meat that was as moist as dark until this time. The mushroom/leek breadpudding was something I will make from now on for the holidays. It was fantastic. Same with the taters.
Attached: IMG_1293.JPG (136.4 KB) IMG_1294.JPG (147.3 KB) IMG_1297.JPG (123.2 KB) IMG_1298.JPG (109.0 KB) 
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:09 PM 12-01-2015
If you wanna know, Classico Tomato Basil (not the sweet tomato basil) taste just like my Nonna's if you add extra garlic and basil to it. If you can find sweet italian sausage with fennel...it tastes even more so like her's. It's not even expensive—if anything their prices have come down.

That's grandmother in Italian and she was from Sicily. Never wrote a recipe down.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:11 PM 12-01-2015

The white cheddar isn't that expensive compared to the dyed. There's various brands.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:08 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The white cheddar isn't that expensive compared to the dyed. There's various brands.
It's not available in the bulk that k buy this stuff in.
[Reply]
Squalor2 10:32 PM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I'm going to eat a bullet for my Christmas dinner in a few weeks.

duck or goose?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:25 AM 12-03-2015
Anyone have a really kick ass bourbon chicken recipe?
[Reply]
Page 42 of 1208
« First < 323839404142 4344454652921425421042 > Last »
Up