ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 2689
« First < 162212252258259260261262 2632642652662723123627621262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:48 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Adamantly disagree, when Alex Only Fans defend him like he's their 1st born infant son takes the cake.
Calling Alex Smith a good manager isn't defending him it is speaking the truth.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:49 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He beat Drew Brees in a playoff gm when he was in SF.. It's not like Alex Smith hasn't won a playoff gm before he got here. Alex Smith should have gotten them to the SB if it wasn't for Kyle Williams muffing not one but two punts.

I agree that we should develop an elite QB here but to act like Alex Smith is trash is ridiculous. He's a good manager who plays it safe and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.
Not sure who you are preaching to, but most are tired of Alex's boring, passionless brand of football. He literally sucks the joy out of football Sunday knowing we are only going to see him throw maybe 1 TD and 200 yards on a good day. Then we get to watch the whole second half full of 3 and outs while the defense has to protect a 2 point lead.

And obviously, you didn't pay money for the playoff game as Alex missed a wide open Hill multiple times because he was too busy running to the sideline at the first hint of pressure.

Alex makes over a million dollars for every TD he throws, so he does not need another cheerleader.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:52 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

Getting mad at Smith for missing open WR's or taking the short throw on 3rd and long is fruitless. It's like getting mad at your 7 week old puppy for having an accident. Dog can't help it.
I was going to argue this point about how he's not a 7 week veteran but a 12 year veteran, but then realized that a 12 year old dog is probably so old that it can't help it anyway and should be taken out back and shot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:55 AM 07-10-2017
Adamantly disagree, when Alex Only Fans defend him like he's their 1st born infant son takes the cake.
You're talking about 1, occasionally 2, people who irritate you beyond all bounds.

Don't pretend like it's some massive cult.

Most people view Alex as a dependable, if often limited, quarterback whose defining characteristics through most of his tenure here has been to be better than most any feasible alternative, and a resume that's more distinguished at the position than the franchise has had in nearly all it's half a century of existence.

No one thinks he's their first born. No one defends him like he's the lovechild of Brady and Unitas. The very fact that you need to overstate your opposition's position so vehemently and with such regularity is proof in itself of the insecurity you sense in your posturing.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:57 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Even if Mahomes busts it is okay. KC needs to find a real franchise QB. It isn't Smith. If it isn't Mahomes, you try again.

Getting mad at Smith for missing open WR's or taking the short throw on 3rd and long is fruitless. It's like getting mad at your 7 week old puppy for having an accident. Dog can't help it.
Actually it's more like can't teach an old dog new tricks. Alex Smith isn't a puppy. Patrick Mahomes II is a puppy and can/does learn from his mistakes. Alex Smith is an old dog that shits and pisses on the carpet and knows better but does it anyways so you can get mad at it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:57 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Not sure who you are preaching to, but most are tired of Alex's boring, passionless brand of football. He literally sucks the joy out of football Sunday knowing we are only going to see him throw maybe 1 TD and 200 yards on a good day. Then we get to watch the whole second half full of 3 and outs while the defense has to protect a 2 point lead.

And obviously, you didn't pay money for the playoff game as Alex missed a wide open Hill multiple times because he was too busy running to the sideline at the first hint of pressure.

Alex makes over a million dollars for every TD he throws, so he does not need another cheerleader.
Which is fine, . . . so long as you're honest that your true passion at present isn't team success or franchise building. Be honest that your true passion for the Chiefs at present lies in seeking excitement at the QB position, whatever the cost or failure rate.

It's not the position that's problematic, it's lying about it that is irritating.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:59 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Calling Alex Smith a good manager isn't defending him it is speaking the truth.

LOL, have witnessed past debates among these individuals. I know your a True Fan that except the company line concerning the starting QB, but come on are you blind to this aspect concerning the Alex Only/Alexuals?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:02 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You're talking about 1, occasionally 2, people who irritate you beyond all bounds.

Don't pretend like it's some massive cult.

Most people view Alex as a dependable, if often limited, quarterback whose defining characteristics through most of his tenure here has been to be better than most any feasible alternative, and a resume that's more distinguished at the position than the franchise has had in nearly all it's half a century of existence.

No one thinks he's their first born. No one defends him like he's the lovechild of Brady and Unitas. The very fact that you need to overstate your opposition's position so vehemently and with such regularity is proof in itself of the insecurity you sense in your posturing.
Alex is average, nothing more nothing less .Anyone that says otherwise has an agenda to push
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:08 PM 07-10-2017
Which is fine, . . . so long as you're honest that your true passion at present isn't team success or franchise building. Be honest that your true passion for the Chiefs at present lies in seeking excitement at the QB position, whatever the cost or failure rate.

It's not the position that's problematic, it's lying about it that is irritating.
Hey, that is great Alex manages to Not make enough mistakes so we can squeak by lesser teams with a close win, but he also shits the bed against good teams when it counts. If you can't see that the QB position is one of the weakest on this team, I am not sure what to tell you. His stats and playoff record speak for themselves.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by 19now11:
the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. untill that grass turns into a colin kaepernick clone.
Craperknick was nowhere near the passer Mahomes was in college.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:12 PM 07-10-2017

Having a long term solution at quarterback that replaces the dull and boring quarterback is exciting because it gives us hope in winning Championships. We don't have that hope with Alex Smith. It's the hope of winning Super Bowls that is exciting and Alex Smith doesn't bring that level of excitement so he is boring and stale football.

Why should we get/be excited to lose in the playoffs again with Alex Smith? I will root for him to do good so that we don't have to rush Patrick Mahomes II but if Alex Smith does indeed struggle and the offense continues to stall time and time again and we see Dustin Colquitt frequently then the coaches may likely move the timetable up on Patrick Mahomes II.

I bet if a poll was done across the nation of fans if they would want Alex Smith to be their quarterback they would be meh no thanks.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:19 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Alex isn't great, and he isn't bad... he is a true game manager. This is established. He limits the offense in which he plays for. Established.

That is why I look for Andy to put Mahomes in just as soon as he feels he can. While I believe that will be 2018, I can see it being sooner if the right opportunity presents itself. Andy knows that he isn't going to coach a whole lot longer, and he knows that a Super Bowl with Smith is not a probable path.
If Mahomes has a good preseason and camp, I think there is more than a 50% chance he plays in December regardless of how well this team is doing.

Andy learned the hard way that Alex is who he is and we aren't going further than the divisional rd with him.

If Mahomes is ready I think it would be very difficult for Andy to stay with Alex. We would have to be in position for the 1 or 2 seed for Andy to not pull the trigger IMO.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:20 PM 07-10-2017
Alex is average, nothing more nothing less .Anyone that says otherwise has an agenda to push
Yes, average QBs compile one of the best win percentages amongst all QBs since 2011.

Yes.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:22 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Yes, average QBs compile one of the best win percentages amongst all QBs since 2011.

Yes.
Do you kiss your sister with that mouth?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:22 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Hey, that is great Alex manages to Not make enough mistakes so we can squeak by lesser teams with a close win, but he also shits the bed against good teams when it counts. If you can't see that the QB position is one of the weakest on this team, I am not sure what to tell you. His stats and playoff record speak for themselves.
Funny cause the last time I checked we beat the Seahawks the year after they won the SB. Beat the broncos the year they won the SB. Smothered the Pats before they went on to win it all. And we just beat the Falcons in their own home with our players on limited snap counts (due to a TNF game scheduled 4 days later).

Genius assessment there, cupcake.
[Reply]
Page 262 of 2689
« First < 162212252258259260261262 2632642652662723123627621262 > Last »
Up