ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 82
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:44 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
Simply Amazing. His SB wins and regular season wins will never be touched.
He played forever like Rice. Stats are padded because of it.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:27 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Cringe. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:36 AM 02-03-2023
I don't get on FB much but, lately I've looked around a bit. I keep seeing my nephew spam his feed with Brady posts. The last one I saw (before I decided to put him on a 30 day ignore) was Brady's record vs every NFL team. If I read that right, he has a winning record vs every other NFL team but, he's 5-6 vs the Chiefs. Thought that was kind of cool.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Reid is a perfect match for Mahomes. Walsh for Montana who had Rice, etc..

See how this works?

What great QB didn't have a great HC and a good surrounding team? How many HOF RBs had a bad oline throughout their career? It's a team game, this isn't boxing.

I don't see how you can downplay what Brady did because he had a lot of help. He can't do it by himself no but who can?
That is exactly the point. He got more help than a lot of other QB’s. Take a look at Matt Stafford’s sudden transformation from loser in Detroit to winning a Super Bowl with a loaded Rams team. Mahomes had a losing record in college. "QB Wins" should not be a thing IMHO.

The most impressive thing with Brady is the length of his career. He played at a very high level for a longer time than other QB's. I assume he had some help from stuff like HGH, but I also assume other QB's & players are doing the same thing and they don't last as long as he did. So you have to respect the fact he was able to keep it going this long.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:02 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He played forever like Rice. Stats are padded because of it.
So you're adding Jerry Rice to your list of players who are frauds? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He can't do it by himself no but who can?
Patrick Mahomes can. He's never had a great defense and this year, he had a group of cast-offs at WR.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That is exactly the point. He got more help than a lot of other QB’s. Take a look at Matt Stafford’s sudden transformation from loser in Detroit to winning a Super Bowl with a loaded Rams team. Mahomes had a losing record in college. "QB Wins" should not be a thing IMHO.

The most impressive thing with Brady is the length of his career. He played at a very high level for a longer time than other QB's. I assume he had some help from stuff like HGH, but I also assume other QB's & players are doing the same thing and they don't last as long as he did. So you have to respect the fact he was able to keep it going this long.
He fondles teenage boys. That's the secret to his longevity.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:47 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
He was pretty close...

Wins by QB (since 1940) as of 2015 - the top 5 were Favre (188), Manning (187), Brady (172), Elway (149), Morrall (149)

Passing yards in that time frame - top 5 were Manning (71.9k), Favre (71.8k), Marino (61.4k), Brees (60.9k), Brady (58.0k)

Passing Tds in that time frame - top 5 were Manning (538), Favre (508), Brees (428), Brady (428), Marino (420)

So, yeah, he padded the stats retiring in 2023, but in 2015 he was statistically top 3-5 in those 3 critical areas and he had 4 of his 7 SB rings as of 2015.
So Manning had two years longer in the league at that time and had 15 more wins, 23.9k more yards, and 110 more touchdowns.

Brady was the product of always playing with a top defense, even after going to Tampa. He has never won jack shit in any year his defense was below average.
[Reply]
Seanathon 11:50 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't get on FB much but, lately I've looked around a bit. I keep seeing my nephew spam his feed with Brady posts. The last one I saw (before I decided to put him on a 30 day ignore) was Brady's record vs every NFL team. If I read that right, he has a winning record vs every other NFL team but, he's 5-6 vs the Chiefs. Thought that was kind of cool.
Do you recall if that includes post season? I'm genuinely curious.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:00 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:

Also was protected by the refs. And most teams understood if you get too close to him you’ll get flagged. Patrick gets none of that type of protection from the league.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:00 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Seanathon:
Do you recall if that includes post season? I'm genuinely curious.
It does not.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:08 PM 02-03-2023
If he stays retired that means Gronk is also done.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:09 PM 02-03-2023
Great. More stupid USAA commercials.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 02:20 PM 02-03-2023
What are the odds that he stays retired? I am saying 90% because if he comes back again he would receive an insane amount of ridicule. Leaving the 10% in there because i think he's a football addict and I could see him getting withdraws in March and finding a new team.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:38 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
What are the odds that he stays retired? I am saying 90% because if he comes back again he would receive an insane amount of ridicule. Leaving the 10% in there because i think he's a football addict and I could see him getting withdraws in March and finding a new team.
Only those who already don’t like him will ridicule him. Those who like his will go back to ball washing him.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 82
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up