ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 82
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:33 AM 02-01-2023
He would have come back if Miami was interested...they weren't.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:53 AM 02-01-2023
Must have found a cougar with cubs
[Reply]
Frazod 12:01 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He'll be terrible on TV.

Just listen to his podcast with Jim Gray... he literally says nothing of substance and the cadence of his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Some of them just aren't cut out for it. I love Montana, but he crashed and burned immediately and painfully as a studio guy.

Of course, I hate Brady, so I hope he comes and goes just as quickly.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:02 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Will always be the Chiefs' bitch...

Forgot to add 18 AFCCG AND 21 Supe

So we have a losing record vs him
[Reply]
Mecca 12:03 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Some of them just aren't cut out for it. I love Montana, but he crashed and burned immediately and painfully as a studio guy.

Of course, I hate Brady, so I hope he comes and goes just as quickly.
Brees lasted a year...

Brady isn't gonna be like that, these Pats guys are everywhere.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Forgot to add 18 AFCCG AND 21 Supe

So we have a losing record vs him
Those don’t include the playoffs. Otherwise he would have more than one loss to the Giants and the Cowboys would have another victory over him.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:04 PM 02-01-2023
I won’t believe he is actually retired until he sits out at least 4-5 years. That said, I think he will do a pretty good job as a media guy when the time comes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:06 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
His partner will matter a ton. Think of how lousy Eli would be with a flat partner. But with Peyton he's actually pretty good.

Brady will need to have really good chemistry with his partner and be able to focus on the technical aspects of what he sees rather than being counted on for entertainment. He doesn't have the charisma of Romo so you can't pair him with a Nantz.

But with someone like Harlan, I think he could be pretty good.
Kevin Burkhardt is pretty good, but I don't know if that's the kind of guy who Brady "needs" as the play-by-play.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:07 PM 02-01-2023
49ers seem like a far better option next year... hand it off 30 times/game to McCaffery so you don't have noodle arm throwing it a thousand times, win 10+ games in a shit division, then you’re fresh for a playoff run with a better supporting cast.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:16 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
49ers seem like a far better option next year... hand it off 30 times/game to McCaffery so you don't have noodle arm throwing it a thousand times, win 10+ games in a shit division, then you’re fresh for a playoff run with a better supporting cast.
Better defense than Miami as well. Easier division to win as well.
[Reply]
Pennywise 01:32 PM 02-01-2023

History will show that Tom Brady was America’s BEST Quarterback and its WORST Crypto Spokesperson.

— Jimmy Failla (@jimmyfailla) February 1, 2023

[Reply]
Kiimo 01:41 PM 02-01-2023

[Reply]
tk13 02:13 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I am surprised he didn't want to go there, but maybe the Niners didn't want him for some reason. In a weak NFC he has more than enough arm to play for a team like San Fran. It's perfect because Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle are perfect for the intermediate passing game with a guy like Brady.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:26 PM 02-01-2023
Brady as color commentator is gonna be a circle of hell. He has already said he is gonna be extra hard on quarterbacks cause he is the best of all time and his expectations and standards for QBs are extremely high.

So now we will get to hear Brady the announcer belittle Mahomes to protect his manufactured status as the best. It's gonna be infuriating. Chuckle chuckle, Al!

I already am budgeting around replacing my TV multiple times during NFL seasons from all the screens broken by remote controls fired at em.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:29 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
I am surprised he didn't want to go there, but maybe the Niners didn't want him for some reason. In a weak NFC he has more than enough arm to play for a team like San Fran. It's perfect because Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle are perfect for the intermediate passing game with a guy like Brady.
The 49rs already have a guy just like Brady but he is young and not afraid of bursting into a puff of dust from one good hit.

Purdy right now is way way better than Brady. He's the same QB as Brady was in his prime, too. Just a game manager type.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 82
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up