ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 38
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
ptlyon 03:13 PM 12-05-2019
"Baby take your teeth out" by zappa comes to mind
[Reply]
O.city 03:34 PM 12-05-2019
Now I get to work on a screaming 8 year old with a tooth ache. Wow, this is turning into a real bang up afternoon.

Is it 5 yet?
[Reply]
KS Smitty 03:40 PM 12-05-2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 12-05-2019
It's just part of the routine. Honestly.

I say the same 3 or 4 conversation starters to every patient. Then we talk about something else to pass a few seconds, then I check them out then off we go.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:55 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

I say the same 3 or 4 conversation starters to every patient. Then we talk about something else to pass a few seconds, then I check them out then off we go.
"How is everything going? Do anything interesting for vacation this year?"

"Have any interesting trips planned?"

"How is the family?"

"Epstein didn't kill himself."
[Reply]
O.city 04:06 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
"How is everything going? Do anything interesting for vacation this year?"

"Have any interesting trips planned?"

"How is the family?"

"Epstein didn't kill himself."
Pretty much.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 12-05-2019

You just like to floss shame.

Side note - my dentist got a whizz-bang water scraper thing about 4-5 years ago and asked me if I wanted to use that instead of the metal pick. Oh hell yes, I'll try anything instead of that damn metal pick.

I love it; high pitched whir I can ignore well enough and nowhere near as much agony. They get the last few spots they couldn't hit with the metal one but I don't have a screaming headache and bloody mouth anymore.

But now I specifically have to ask them to use it. They don't mention it and my wife doesn't even realize they have it. They do - it exists and they're happy to fire it up if I ask them to. Is there any reason why it seems to have fallen out of favor or do you figure this particular office just had enough patients who didn't like it that it's not at the front of their mind.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:12 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You just like to floss shame.

Side note - my dentist got a whizz-bang water scraper thing about 4-5 years ago and asked me if I wanted to use that instead of the metal pick. Oh hell yes, I'll try anything instead of that damn metal pick.

I love it; high pitched whir I can ignore well enough and nowhere near as much agony. They get the last few spots they couldn't hit with the metal one but I don't have a screaming headache and bloody mouth anymore.

But now I specifically have to ask them to use it. They don't mention it and my wife doesn't even realize they have it. They do - it exists and they're happy to fire it up if I ask them to. Is there any reason why it seems to have fallen out of favor or do you figure this particular office just had enough patients who didn't like it that it's not at the front of their mind.
I just had that done yesterday. I wasn't particularly a fan of it, though it was better than the ultrasonic thing that sadistic hygienists have tried on me on the past.

I really like the little metal picks. Plain old-fashioned hand cleaning. The personal attention makes me feel like a Roman emperor or something.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:32 PM 12-05-2019

True story about my last visit a few weeks ago -

I'm in the chair and the hygenist is about to get to work. She introduces herself and then starts the small talk. Her opener was "Did you hear about that school shooting in California yesterday?"

She didn't just do a casual mention of it either, her idea for conversation was to discuss the whole event in detail.

I casually asked to schedule my next appt with a different one when I left :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:06 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
True story about my last visit a few weeks ago -

I'm in the chair and the hygenist is about to get to work. She introduces herself and then starts the small talk. Her opener was "Did you hear about that school shooting in California yesterday?"

She didn't just do a casual mention of it either, her idea for conversation was to discuss the whole event in detail.

I casually asked to schedule my next appt with a different one when I left :-)
And trying to carry on a conversation with your mouth open, full of water, cleaning your teeth. What a great time to have a conversation on that.
[Reply]
neech 08:55 AM 12-13-2019
So what is the process of the state paying you money for the dental work done?

Do you do, say a filling and have a set rate on what you charge them for it?
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
So what is the process of the state paying you money for the dental work done?

Do you do, say a filling and have a set rate on what you charge them for it?
The state doesn’t pay me anything. I don’t do Medicaid stuff, it’s only for children and pregnant ladies in Missouri and it’s a nightmare to deal with. In the regards to inmates the county pays it then charges it to the inmate I guess I dunno.

I only do extractions for them. It’s 125 bucks for an X-ray and an extraction.
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:17 PM 12-05-2019

I had braces put on in my 40s, by an orthodontist with hundreds of pubescent patients.

"What are you doing for the summer" was his first question for me.
[Reply]
O.city 04:05 PM 12-05-2019
Ultrasonic scaler.

My hygienist uses it on every patient. I hate the sound of it, it's right by my office so I hear it all the time I'm in here on CP.
[Reply]
O.city 04:13 PM 12-05-2019
Update.

Inmate starting sobbing loudly, apparently he wasn't as tough as he thought. Got him on some antibiotics and will see him in a week. He's a sissy, he was numb, just didn't like pressure.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 38
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up