ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 36
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
Fish 02:22 PM 12-18-2019

[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:46 PM 12-19-2019
I enjoyed it well enough. The Palpatine stuff doesn’t make all that much sense in the context of the eight other movies, but I’m fine suspending my disbelief as he’s always been a good, prescient and clearly super powerful villain. Yeah, I guess it takes away meaning from the Anakin “Chosen One” narrative but whatever. It’s not Abrams’ job to worry about that.

I personally think TLJ remains the best of the three films of this trilogy (with the exception of the useless side quest, it works quite well overall (the Rey/Ren/Luke dynamic) despite subverting expectations), but I will have to see this again to know for sure.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:33 PM 12-19-2019
Star Wars is campy comic book fun now.

It was a very fun movie.

And very silly.

I still laughed, cried, whatever.

But JJ sure is an unoriginal bastard. :-)

It's pretty telling that your new characters are shit when you have more emotional investment in a robot. CP30 fucking STOLE that movie. :-)

Anyway, I did enjoy it. But you know, whatever. Kind of like reading Dark Empire.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 PM 12-19-2019
I have to say, though, I DID love the arc for Kylo Ren through this whole thing. That was the most satisfying part of it for me. Glad he got to kiss someone once in his life. :-)

But Rey, Finn and Poe?

Soul-less vessels for the fans to pretend they are in Star Wars.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:41 PM 12-19-2019
One thing I will say, I LOVED the training scene with young Luke and Leia....and that is proof that someday we will get the sequel trilogy we deserve.

That was amazing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:42 PM 12-19-2019
Also, JJ really knows how to pull on your emotions.

Chewie's dead! Wait, nope.

3P0's dead! Wait, nope!

I enjoy both of those bait and switches, especially when R2 was like "c'mere you big lug."

Most enjoyable part of the movie for me.

Guys in costumes.

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:46 PM 12-19-2019
phenomenal

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:27 PM 12-19-2019
oh, and it's fine to shit on this movie

it really is

but i let out a little whoop when i saw denis lawson in a fucking x-wing

so fuck you, i enjoyed it, even if it was rehashed garbage

mmmm, mmmmm, good!
[Reply]
Frazod 11:35 PM 12-19-2019
A "meh" review from the guy who'd happily watch two hours of Jake Lloyd Anakin and Jar Jar playing holographic chess.

*shudder*
[Reply]
007 09:16 PM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
A "meh" review from the guy who'd happily watch two hours of Jake Lloyd Anakin and Jar Jar playing holographic chess.

*shudder*
Yippeeee
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:49 PM 12-19-2019
you should go see it just for the schlock action value and about 50 references to the OT - i mean they got me crying more than once! and the jokes? ON POINT

it was literally like watching one of the campy dark horse star wars comic books, in which they brought the Emperor back NOT ONCE but TWICE!!!

this trilogy was very poorly thought out - entertaining, but very poorly thought out

if they had just stuck with snoke dying and kylo being the bad guy and developed that story arc they would have been a lot better off

the emperor returning was lazy screenwriting from a bunch of hacks who didn't have a clue what they were doing to begin with

this is why i still enjoy the last jedi - it was the most original and had the most unexpected twists

TFA and TROS were hamfisted Abrams rehash nonsense

entertaining though - i mean, very enjoyable to watch - turn the page for more campy jar jar abrams action!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:50 PM 12-19-2019
I'll give Disney credit for one thing - they almost completely cut that stupid ass character Rose out of the story
[Reply]
phisherman 11:51 PM 12-19-2019
TROS was fun and cute for nostalgia's sake but the movie itself was pretty uneven and hard to watch at times. I laughed out loud at a lot of parts that weren't supposed to be funny. That's ok though; my daughter had fun and that's really all that matters.
[Reply]
Son of Logical 11:59 PM 12-19-2019
This is the first Star Wars movie I have walked out of feeling truly disappointed. I didn’t love the prequels, terrible dialogue but good stories. TFA rehash of ANH, don’t care loved it. TLJ, good story but messed up Luke’s character arc. The first half of this movie was pure rushed hot garbage. To me, it seemed like JJ was trying to repair the perceived damage from TLJ, and in doing so ruined this movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:05 AM 12-20-2019
JJ never had any idea what he was doing from the beginning.

TFA was only popular because it was the first Star Wars thing in years.

JJ sure can make a shiny-looking piece of shit though!

Welcome to Lucasfilm, now reduced to the level of the Transformers franchise.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 36
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up